Sign in to follow this  
Cyclone-B

Illuminating reticle. How to do?

Hi. I trying to make a ulliminate reticle for sniper scope, but i something doing wrong, and it not worked...

Can some a little help me, or redirect to thread, where it described?

You need to apply an material to your reticle, here's what I use for my illumination:

ambient[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};
diffuse[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};
forcedDiffuse[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};
emmisive[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};
specular[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};
specularPower=0.000000;
PixelShaderID="Normal";
VertexShaderID="Basic";

*Franze*, thanks.

I understand that i need to write it in *.P3d using Oxygen 2, right?

Сan you describe a little more detail, step by step, if possible, please? :)

If you've already got your optics model, you just take the above and save it as a *.rvmat file, then select the face(s) you want illuminated in O2, go to face properties, and there's a place to load materials onto a face - apply the rvmat you created and you're golden.

This can be done if you've either got a 3D optic such as a holo sight or a 'plane' optic like a scope.

When i try to open the model, i have this message:

31-1.jpg

Now i downloading a sample models from BI - think to look there...

Or if you say that you doing your reticle, maybe just be send me a your unbinarised model with a material? :)

First of all, are you trying to do something like the SVD PSO scope, or more like the M4 aimpoint?

For the first one, there's a model that's basically a flat plane with a texture applied to it - I'm not sure but I believe it's possible to apply materials to those objects.

For the second one, you need to have access to your MLOD (uncompressed) model, and then apply the material to the face that has the reticle on it.

For a simple demonstration, just make a plane in O2, then apply a texture to it with an alpha channel - your reticle texture, if you have it. Then apply the material using the process above, previewing with O2 and you'll be able to see the effect.

Yeah, i trying to make some like svd pso. I find that model optic on BI sample models vehicle and weapons archive. Thanks again for the advice. :)