Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

I gotta admit, that makes the MP look pretty cool. Definitely going to try the PC beta, especially if it has dedicated servers like Treyarch promised. The video editor looks cool, but I doubt it's very powerful.

However, MW2 also looked cool from the trailers... Will just have to wait and see. Wonder what exactly they'll reveal on the 1st of September.

CoD4 was good, past there they started to downgrade the series of CoD... I doubt BlackOps will live up to its older games.

I'll not be getting this. Call of Duty is a franchise I've given up on.

Call of Duty makes me sick. Reason I don't play it is that they release new CoD every year.

And the first game I bought was full of hackers.

If you want to recycle your code, look at Valve. If you look closely, they recycle everything they make.

The Jockey from l4d2 has become a infestation parasite in alien swarm.

The medigen from tf2 also went to Alien swarm.

Anyway, valve is pretty much dying, but they dominate the world in a elegant way with unique games full of kids.

Counter Strike became boring because of the low quality community made maps, which makes me feel sick playing them.

Not to mention the awful badscaled models. Well anyway, I liked the zombiemod.

For those who don't want CoD 7, go Medal of Honor, the new one is promising. I was beta tester. it's much more fun, and graphics are better.

I found MOH incredibly stale in it's beta form. Nothing there that makes me want to purchase it along with already owning Bad Company 2, which I enjoy a hell of a lot more. I couldn't give less of a shit about "graphics". :rolleyes:

I, like many, was severely disappointed with MW2 and the utterly terrible treatment of customers by Infinity Ward and Activision, not to mention the DLC. However, I significantly enjoyed World at War, and from what I could see it got pretty damn decent support from Treyarch, so I'm still hopeful in the Call of Duty franchise. Though I think Black Ops is going to make it or break it for me...

MW2 did give me my moneys worth of kicking ass so I will get blackops.

it is said a lot is gonna change in equipment and weapons /perks.

thougth MW2 was great for lunchbreak, fast action. sounds and guns are done pretty nice, really gives the feeling you are schooting something with a bit of a kick.

I'll get MOH too :) MP is said to be in the middle of BF:BC2 and MW2.

seeing more foreward to that eventhough im not even remotely expecting something authentical or tactical. gonne be some sweet hollywood actionmovie game as far I saw. models seem a bit euh.... wierd, still hard to make some decent human models in games I guess.

hope it wont get "kit shortcuts" like BF:BC2, just stupid to offer faster leveling for money.

Anyway, valve is pretty much dying, but they dominate the world in a elegant way with unique games full of kids.

Counter Strike became boring because of the low quality community made maps, which makes me feel sick playing them.

Err, news to me. They have the media wrapped around their fingers with Portal 2, have two other unnamed projects in the pipeline and haven't released a poorly-rated or received product yet while expanding their customer base to both the Mac and the PS3. And CS isn't even a Valve game.

Call of Duty makes me sick.

For those who don't want CoD 7, go Medal of Honor, the new one is promising. I was beta tester. it's much more fun, and graphics are better.

Lol, what kind of egocentric post is that?

You

1. Get sick very often

2. Have childish attitude yourself but hate to play with other kids online

3. Demand something of high quality from a free community without paying any money yourself

4. Tell us MoH Beta is more fun and has better gfx than COD7 although you never have played COD7

:rolleyes:

My biggest problem with MW2 was the "No Dedicated servers"

For me, its not about making a choice between Black-ops and MoH, cause I can afford both:D:D

Hopefully, they will keep me busy til BF3:yay:

And yes, while the story mode was very epic and cinematic, the story itself made no sense. COD4's story on the other hand was/is epic, cinematic and made a hell of a lot of sense. Aftermath, anyone? :(

Even if it was just a Ghost Recon 1 homage with Arabs thrown in.

It's completely understandable after MW2 for people to not give a shit about the Call of Duty franchise anymore, especially on a forum dedicated to a game that is PC only. PC users were treated easily the worst out of all MW2 customers, and the PC version of the game had no PC-specific features outside of the ability to use text chat and change graphics settings.

There was a nuclear aftermath-type mission in GR? I don't recall it... :confused:

There was a nuclear aftermath-type mission in GR? I don't recall it... :confused:

I wouldn't say that was the overriding focus of the plot.

GR also had a civil war between "Ultranationalists" trying to rebuild the Soviet Union by taking over the old republics and loyalist forces fighting to stop them. There was, of course, the barest semblance of a plot but the premise is exactly the same.

Plus nukes and a Middle Eastern country whose locations jumps from one side of the Arbabian peninsula to the other during cutscenes.

The new MP trailer: oh boy customizable red dot optic pictures and r/c suicide cars

fuck

yes

I didnt try MW2, so what was so bad abut it? I think it has sold 20 million by now. Maybe the campaign is crap but COD is all a bout MP, right?

Unfortunately both the campaign and MP are sub-par. The MP is unbalanced to hell and chocked full of incredibly overpowered killstreaks, deathstreaks, perks, weapons... The campaign also makes zero sense and has many plotholes, but it's still fun enough to play through on each difficulty.

Basically MW2 is the product of trying to do everything bigger and better than Call of Duty 4. That's to be expected from a sequel, but it's a fine line they had to walk, and they ended up stepping way over that. Apparently that can be attributed to Activision playing too large of a part in the game's development.

*cough*Kotick*cough*

I'd recommend sticking to COD4. At least it doesn't cost $60, and is a much more fun and polished experience. If you're willing to shell out $60 for both a campaign and multiplayer that is all around worse than COD4's, then by all means do so. I still enjoy MW2, but it is no where near as good as I had hoped it to be after COD4.

Plus they treated their PC fanbase like shit (console port, no dedicated servers, no modding)... I've gotten "Lost connection to host" and "Game lobby closed" much more than I have actually played. Most of the players are retarded also, but thankfully there's a Mute All button.

haha, I hear you on that one :)

Not much point of getting it at all, just go for CoD4 if you really want a CoD style game.

hey guys watch me 360 quick scope on the xbox360 i am so pro i can do this EVERYTIME!!!!~

well no shit dumbass you have autoaim

The thing that rly pissed us/me off was the no dedi servers etc!

I had my fav maps on mw2 but could go days without playing on them,as you think your about to play one of them only to be loaded on to another! Grrr

Oh, and the matchmaking allows for a whole new level of griefing. Passing the vote to change maps just before the round starts, disconnecting just before the round starts to restart the countdown, or quitting at the start of the round when you know you're the host to throw it into host migration (which only 50% of the time works...).

Matchmaking. Sucks.

If you happen to be host you can be a dick and use a high speed knifing class and NO ONE can hit you at all

but you can hit them

Unfortunately both the campaign and MP are sub-par. The MP is unbalanced to hell and chocked full of incredibly overpowered killstreaks, deathstreaks, perks, weapons...

"Hey this guy is getting alot of kills, lets help him get some more!", nothing like adding a gunship to help get you free kills.

The worst thing is the players. The game suffers greatly because it's douchebag fans exploit and abuse everything possible. One Man Army + Danger Close noobtubing, tactical knife with Marthon + Lightweight + Commando, Last/Final Stand, Martyrdom, etc. Plus, hacking is a lot more common on the PC, and can be really, really annoying.

Then again, the game allows them to do such bullshit, so it's just as much the fault of Infinity Ward and Activision.

I've only dared to touch MW2 ONCE in multiplayer and that was at a lan party..the instant grenade drop on death did get pretty annoying though, that is all I know about really.