Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

United offensive was still the best COD after CODMW

I finally had enough and uninstalled Modern Warfare 2 today. It is such a terrible game, and a disgrace to the COD series. Plus, the majority of the players are assholes. I'm going to reinstall COD4 and have some much needed fun. :D

I finally had enough and uninstalled Modern Warfare 2 today. It is such a terrible game, and a disgrace to the COD series. Plus, the majority of the players are assholes. I'm going to reinstall COD4 and have some much needed fun. :D

Have to agree.

I really liked MW1 - it was fecking ace. MW2 is bloody awful IMHO and the story for the SP was some of the stupidest, ill-contrived garbage I've ever had the displeasure of playing through.

I really liked MW1 - it was fecking ace. MW2 is bloody awful IMHO and the story for the SP was some of the stupidest, ill-contrived garbage I've ever had the displeasure of playing through.

I have to agree. ;)

The Russian Federation launching a full-blown invasion of the United States of America over a terrorist attack which was supposedly funded by the CIA? Please. And how did Captain Price end up in a Gulag? Makes so sense, judging from the ending of Modern Warfare 1.

And I thought ArmA 1's storyline was bad. :D

The Russian Federation launching a full-blown invasion of the United States of America over a terrorist attack which was supposedly funded by the CIA? Please. And how did Captain Price end up in a Gulag? Makes so sense, judging from the ending of Modern Warfare 1.

I actually liked his comeback, he just keeps popping up since CoD1 even though he should be dead several times now. Kind of like the black guy in HALO, or Kenny. :p

Been playing COD4 for the good part of 2 hours or so now, and I keep mentally smashing my head in trying to come to terms of why I ever stopped playing the game, especially going on to play MW2 instead. It's good to be back.

And yes, while the story mode was very epic and cinematic, the story itself made no sense. COD4's story on the other hand was/is epic, cinematic and made a hell of a lot of sense. Aftermath, anyone? :(

Edit: In fact, here it is:

upnm33QLVqI

It's sad to think of just how far the series sunk after that...

Edited by Zipper5

You die in that part right? I can't remember exactly. But yea it was an attention getter. Good stuff.

Yes, you succumb to the radiation poisoning and the USMC character dies.

One of my all-time favorite moments in gaming.

Oh boy great, another piece of crap video game based off of the exact same gameplay that it was 9 years ago. The same money could be spent on something so much better. These things are coming off of a conveyor belt now...

COD 4 had the best fictional storyline to date.

and COD2 had a good singleplayer only somehow leaving out the pacific theater.

Anyways how the fuck did they mess up Modern warfare 2's storyline?

Its like they had a giant orgy list of what to just throw in:

*A chase scene on a boat

*Kill a dude with a throwing knife

*tackle someone out of a building

*engage in mass murder

*somehow tie alot of conspiracy into the games plot

*Snowmobile chase with gangster style shooting mechanics

*and of course everybodies fave.... jumping 20 feet and barely catching onto a cliff, rope latter to the EVAC helo.

*lighting bodies on fire to make smores. Yum

Call of Duty Black Ops looks like ****. Doesn't look like they implemented the new IW texture streaming so expect W@W graphics and sepia filters.

You think some new playernames are worth 50 bucks yearly? Really?

No, I guess I should have tagged it with [sarcasm][/sarcasm] (for the record, I hate sports games, if you wanna play sports GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY SPORTS.)

It was kinda my point - they can justify it to the brainless masses who buy NLF/PES/TWGolf every year on the flimsy "with updated rosters for <insertyear here>". I'm just not sure how they're going to do the same with a CoD type game.

Somewhat more on topic: I wonder what they're gonna do for unlocks/weapon upgrades in a 70's/80's setting. There was no RIS and associated tacticool accessories back then...

Actually, you bring up a good point there, DM. Won't it be a bit weird using a weapon in a generation that hasn't even been invented yet?

I guess they'll have to limit weapons and gadgets to specific maps... Or modes. You know, this actually has the potential to make a fresh CoD game. Instead of focusing on one generation, they'll have many to work with. Wow... That'd actually be quite cool.

Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Somewhat more on topic: I wonder what they're gonna do for unlocks/weapon upgrades in a 70's/80's setting. There was no RIS and associated tacticool accessories back then...

Didn't Treyarch do a few bullshit attachments for the WW2 weapons in their last CoD game? I don't think it'll matter too much to them.

That said, I've seen images of all manner of stuff bodged onto old British Army SLRs; including bipods, down-grips, LMG mags and a number of different optics. Then of course there was the infamous method of making it fire full-auto.

Lack of picatinny rails clearly didn't stop those with a bit of ingenuity, some welding gear and a roll of gaffa tape.

In WWII, did they have anything at all resembling a red dot sight? Did the Thompson even have a suppressor? I think there were a lot of things made up for weapon attachments in WaW.

The FAMAS in MW2 is burst only. You know what? The FAMAS doesn't even have a burst firing mode in real life... I mean come on...

To be honest I think I'm going to have to give up on the new CoDs and stick to playing the older, better ones. Heck, I'm considering buying a Xbox 360 just to try HALO Reach, but that's a different topic entirely.

Speaking of Halo and CoD; Bungie have signed on with Activision now that IW have buggered off.

Surely such a partnership can only result in high-quality, innovative virtual entertainment; and not some over-hyped garbage, lacking any semblance of character or depth.

HA, there are lots of things to make upgrades: suppressors, NV scopes(you mount the rifle to the scope ;)) aimpoint came about mid 70 ties and was used by US SOF in the eighties, verious scopes 3x and 4x, flashlights mounted to the barrel, huge ass lasers, singlepoint sights(primitive aimpoint), etc... lots of attachments if you want

STGN

COD 4 had the best fictional storyline to date

Deus Ex gets my vote

If they can do a 70's/80's game with the actual gameplay of the good CoD's instead of the minorly interactive movie that is mw2, then I'll be happy. That is all assuming it is not with non-period correct weapons/attachments.

Deus Ex gets my vote

Of the CoD series, I think (hope) he meant.

Deus Ex gets my vote

im talking about the franchise (the topic on hand) Dood

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Didn't Treyarch do a few bullshit attachments for the WW2 weapons in their last CoD game? I don't think it'll matter too much to them.

Who wants a fukin aperture sight or "suppressor" gimmicky as hell!

Oh dont forget "OUR RECON PLANE WILL FIND THEM WHERE EVER THEY HIDE!"

Nice....

BlackOps looks like it might take place in Vietnam or somewhere in some tropical place in the 1970s (at least in part). The SR-71 looks interesting and it looks like the player is flying an Mil-24 Hind A (with the central wind-shield frame spar omitted).

A Cold War BlackOps storyline might be interesting- although, this coming from the guy who hasn't played a CoD game since CoD 1.

An Australian game review program "Good Game" did a bit of a behind the scene's thing on this last night. After seeing the Hind-A my ears priked up, and the eye candy was definatley nice. But I can't get over my scepticism, I liked COD1 was meh about COD4 and thought the rest were a load of rotten bollocks. But who knows , could turn out to be the only non BIS shooter I've spent money on since Farcry.

Still, give us an An-12, a flying boxcar, and a Hind-A, oh , and a few turtle necks , and we could Cold war Black ops with ArmA

I have read that some people in this thread think that CoD4's story made sense, or at least was less nonsensical than CoD6's story. They are both fantasy and are orders of magnitude far from being storys representing anything possible.

On topic: Treyarch have never made a good CoD game, they are just leaches attached to IW's very fun line of fantasy FPS games. MW2 is designed to be a jump in and have fun game, Black Ops taking the same space in the market isn't going to wow fans.