Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops Trailer...

An official announcement from the developers and/or publishers will be made regarding the next Call of Duty game on April 30, 2010. The official announcement will be in the form of a teaser trailer released throughout the internet.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=8007

See the above link for more details.

Edited by Laqueesha

It would be funny to hear they aren't even bothering with a PC version now. :p

It would be funny to hear they aren't even bothering with a PC version now. :p

Thats exactly what I'd expect

It would be funny to hear they aren't even bothering with a PC version now.

Well, everybody knows that an XBOX 360 version will be more compelling than a PC version. :p

cod4 was gud but after they released co5+6 i was devistated, it just turned to complete shit, super thumbs down for those guys.... :(

I read a statement somewhere (fairly sure it was in PC Gamer) that they were planning on releasing a new CoD every year.

Now I can sort of understand the whole football/basketball/hockey/golf games coming out once a year - gotta keep up with those player transfers and whatnot. But CoD, once a year? Really? What the hell ass scenarios are they going to do to keep it fresh?

I think it was every 3 year gap would have at least one COD game released. That's why Activision also brought Treyarch on board. I believe Treyarch will be making this new COD as well.

COD4 was an amazing gaming achievement. WaW disappointed a lot of people but I still enjoyed it a lot. MW2 was and is the most disappointing to the point where I actually went back to COD4 to see if I can enjoy it and even COD4 has been ruined by hackers, kids, and stupid-ass & lazy server admins.

I think the COD name should be left to die.

I like CoD5 a lot. Never played softcore TDM or anything like that. All I played was hardcore war mode with tanks enabled on 14 vs 14 server. Sometimes I went on hardcore bolt-action only. CoD5 had lean and stuff like that so I dont find it dumb down like MW2 is. Sniping was cool too in 5. No bullshit, skillzor quick/no scopers like in MW2.

I read a statement somewhere (fairly sure it was in PC Gamer) that they were planning on releasing a new CoD every year.

It doesn't take an expert to realize how much that idea will fail. Even a CoD title won't be able to secure that kind of funding, especially if you consider how much incentive there will be to keep increasing the development costs after each title, and that most of the revenue will probably just be pocketed by Activision.

From a more optimistic viewpoint however, this could finally spell the end of a shitty, ruined franchise.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

April 20, 2010

??? Didn't that already happen?

??? Didn't that already happen?

Whoops, my bad. I meant April 30, 2010. :o

The future of COD will see it being console only and You'll have to insert credit card to play online, You'll get a weapon, but have to buy ammo and perks will cost cash, watch this space

Lets think of some new perks and DLC guyz

Perk 1 tier:

Invisibility Cloak

Quad Ammo bags

Martyrdom returns now it drops 3 grenades ala my avatar.

Auto Reload perk, because in real life there's no such damn thing as a "reload" such a stupid concept amirite?

Michael Jordan Jump, jump 25 feet into the air, so you can camp (glitch out of maps)

x5 Noobtube with automatic refills every 30 seconds if you have the pro version its unlimited

Perk 2 tier:

Stopping power, shoot pistols right through brick, concrete and other hard surfaces ala the "Real world" Can destroy killstreaks and Armored Tanks faster ala Arma 2.

Juggernaut: 5 times more health and when you die you instantly go into last stand so its combined perk, takes 10 shots from a m1 Garand to kill you.

F***KING RAGE MODE: Run like a Cheetah, and swing like Barry Bonds, kills every player within a 250 meter radius this= Insta win.

Perk 3 tier:

Tactical Nuke grenades x3

Host: gives player host advantage pro: makes every other n00b lag like a son of a *****

RROD: gives a chosen player aids and Red Rings of Death, Pro: makes them a "lone nut" like Lee Harry Oswald. Lulz

Did I miss anything???

Totally a first day buy. :j:

We should get a New Arma game every other year, no dedicated servers, no modding support, dead forums and lots of Nice.... DLC.

NOT!

Isn't this COD: Vietnam? I remember reading in the legal document for IW's head's court case about COD: Vietnam (maybe I made that up).

Either way I'm not all that interested in the COD series these days, although anything coming out of Respawn Entertainment might be good (West and Zampella's new dev company).

Yep. From what I remember of the legal doc, this game is meant to be called Call of Duty : Vietnam (working title though) and a large majority of the profits are meant to go to the sacked employees. Although I could be wrong, I browsed the documents a few months ago and didn't pay much attention to it.

Do yourself a favor an pretend COD is already dead, after no dedi's/mod support an a supposidly hack/cheat free enviorment, would'nt be surprised next installment they make it pay to play. IW totally killed me wanting anything to ever do with them ever again with MW2. Don't waste your hard earned $ Just my 2 cents.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else in the forum...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-call-of/64932

The Cold War setting seems very interesting. Note that in one part, the player climbs into the cockpit of what looks like an Mi-24 Hind-A (which means that part of it must be set around 1972...). It had a Russian teal cockpit and the greenhouse canopy seen on the early production variants.

I also noticed a person in a high-altitude pressure suit, and an SR-71...

Edited by An-225

Definitely pushing the envelope when they say teaser. A whole 30 of the 57 seconds was the actual trailer, the rest was title and exit sequences. Anyway it def. left me wanting more which, in the end, is the motivation I suppose. Thanks for the link.

I think how this title turns out will really show if it was IW or Activision who were responsible for the bad decision making in MW2. If it turns out to be good and rectifies the issues most have with MW2, then I think it was more IW's fault. If not then it will show that it was Activision.

That's how I think most people will view it, anyways.

I think biggest issue is that there is no dedicated servers so you cant set the game to your preferences. If there are dedicated servers you can always find a server that matches what you like or you just make your own.

Anyway, we will see how Black Ops turn out. I hope for a good one.

What the hell ass scenarios are they going to do to keep it fresh?

Shoot moar civilians; generate extra pseudo-controversy.

Somehow I don't see Black Ops coming to the PC, however...

I think after MW2 Activision are just going to pull the plug on funding a PC version.

Now I can sort of understand the whole football/basketball/hockey/golf games coming out once a year - gotta keep up with those player transfers and whatnot. But CoD, once a year? Really? What the hell ass scenarios are they going to do to keep it fresh?

You think some new playernames are worth 50 bucks yearly? Really?

hey guys why not dust off your old copies of call of duty united offensive

we still have the world no. 1 server (admittedly running out of competition)

GITS Kill or be killed

91.192.210.5:28961

64 player CTF large maps no arty no tanks - lots of bolt action, jeeps and teamwork

and frequently the no.2 server

GITS Rhine Valley 24/7

193.47.83.172:28941

Arguably the best MP map in the franchise - so good we remade it brick for brick for WAW - took 3 of us 4 months and nobody ever plays it cos waw sucks ass - "hey whats this map? it's so large i cant nade the enemy spawn? forget it..." exits

and if you wanna see mods on UO that make the game totally different check out our merciless server

GITS Merciless

91.192.210.5:28963

88 weapons, 6 classes, loads of custom sound, voice, fx, skin & model content as well as cool class base functions etc many scripted by me...

anyway we bought cod2, then codmw, then codwaw and all gave up on cod at waw really.

there are 80 of us in GITS and the death of cod has caused us all to drift off to other games - arma2, Battlefield, L4D, etc

at the end of the day, many of us return regularly to coduo as its the best MP game for PVP tactics and gameplay... without loads of crap in the way of a good experience, with no hacks or noobs (we have 20 experienced adult admins on the servers!), and without gaynades, noobtoobs, dogs, gunships or whatever else you can call in to avoid having to actually see your opponent and take him on man-to-man...

rant over...

Edited by eggbeast