Sign in to follow this  
arremba san zorzo

PedagneMOD for Arma2 released

Yes guys, the mod is not still tested with ACE 1 or 2. We are working about...

Over, i'm fixing some basic bugs, adding the groups, adding the english version and most of all, i'm improving the rvmat effect through a complete redsign of _as.paa and _smdi.paa

Over, i'm adding a 6614 that i called IBIS, by the italian name of the operation "Restor Hope" in Somalia; and also redisgn the geometry of VM90.

Over i'm thinking to add the new F-35 of italian Navy, just modifing the texture of the original BIS model.

With the air, it is no big deal to have seperate bombing and aa in the av8b. I can have one focus on bombing and the other defending any air threats.

After playing for a while, I can't seem to get the Eurofighter to take off. As it comes off the taxi way, it kicks up its speed too much while making that last turn onto the run way. It always crashes into whatever is along side the run way on the opposite side. Instead of it making a U turn it kind of does a J or L turn.

By the way, that was using the Krasnostav runway. Maybe there is somehting about that taxi way that makes it different.

And in the support NH90, the units sit on the two beds instead of lay down. So the one on the bottom has his head up the ass of the guy on top. And the guy on tops head goes into the ceiling.

And it's not your problem really but since ACE is pretty much what everyone uses, there is no way to eject out of aircraft while using it. I liike using ACE for the vehicles. I'm sure that's last on your list of things to do though.

Edited by victim913

Hi, i've just stop playing your mod...it's great !

I love the GOI uniform, and the accuracy of every wheeled veichle, especially the "Lince".

Now, i'm waiting for the compatibility with ACE.

Good work.

very impressive work :icon_dj:

for me not really important a fully compatibility with Ace also if still in beta Pedagne is already great but I hope too that in next release some Ace related problems will be fixed :cheers:

Nice pack you got here

i found some little bugs

the harrier have starting sounds and stopping sounds for the engine but now engine sound in between

i found some some shadow bug in one of the trucks

and the 6 wheel truck gives a error message for a missing texture

very impressive work :icon_dj:

for me not really important a fully compatibility with Ace also if still in beta Pedagne is already great but I hope too that in next release some Ace related problems will be fixed :cheers:

I'agree, dear zago, i'm full agree.

@Bjorn Bakker: can you explain me better which is the truck that have the bug with shadow?

@all: about the compatibility with ACE. I repeat, This is a goal for me. Sure. But my mod is not only "compatibility" with ACE or not. It is a work around 5gb in MLOD, is a work of two years, is a tons of documentation, is a millions of polygons, builded point by point, textured pixel by pixel, coded string by string .... it is also pretty, or it is also deeply bad. But, sure, it is more, more, more over the compatibility or not with ACE. So, sorry, if this is not my urgent goal. I respect my job, so first of all i consider the job and the time that i have spent for the mod and after the compatibility...

Bie

Congrats on the release ASZ... Please consider signing them with Pedagne_b01. I can do it for you if you want.

I've added PadagneMod_b01 to our Kellys Community YAS Repo. It's being uploaded.

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively, as an easier method, you can click on this link to access both KH Repos directly from YAS -> Kelly's AddonSync Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive.

Edited by Cross

I found a major bug so far. Maybe someone else can confirm it. About the time I added Pedagne mod, I started noticing that in every mission, I had a stutter when combat started happening. Basically when I started firing on enemies, the game froze for about 4 or 5 seconds. Then everything was fine. I thought it was either my system or too many units or whatever. Then when battles got going, Arma2 would stop working and crash.

The thing is, it crashed in every mission. even missions without Pedagne. So I didn't bother looking there for the problem. But after stripping each mod off, I found that when I remove Pedagne everything works perfectly. I don't know how that makes sense but..

However, I was using ACE,ACEX, ACE_SM, CBA, ACE_PLA. I have not tried it without ACE yet, but since no one else has complained I think it's related to ACE.

Also I use the RTE, Real Time Editor, and every single time i try to add the Leopard, it crashes the game. I can only add it in the regular editor. So I don't know why that is but just letitng you know.

I'm so upset now cause I love this mod, but since everyone makes everything for ACE, it is hard to play without ACE. Especially since ACEX has many things I can't live without. :)

If you want, I can keep testing it and figure out which pbo is causing the crash. Why would it crash if it isn't in the mission though?

i think there is something weird on lince proportions or maybe r just the wheels idk.. is planned to add armored turrets on lince??:bounce3:

I found a major bug so far. Maybe someone else can confirm it. About the time I added Pedagne mod, I started noticing that in every mission, I had a stutter when combat started happening. Basically when I started firing on enemies, the game froze for about 4 or 5 seconds. Then everything was fine. I thought it was either my system or too many units or whatever. Then when battles got going, Arma2 would stop working and crash.

The thing is, it crashed in every mission. even missions without Pedagne. So I didn't bother looking there for the problem. But after stripping each mod off, I found that when I remove Pedagne everything works perfectly. I don't know how that makes sense but..

However, I was using ACE,ACEX, ACE_SM, CBA, ACE_PLA. I have not tried it without ACE yet, but since no one else has complained I think it's related to ACE.

Also I use the RTE, Real Time Editor, and every single time i try to add the Leopard, it crashes the game. I can only add it in the regular editor. So I don't know why that is but just letitng you know.

I'm so upset now cause I love this mod, but since everyone makes everything for ACE, it is hard to play without ACE. Especially since ACEX has many things I can't live without.

If you want, I can keep testing it and figure out which pbo is causing the crash. Why would it crash if it isn't in the mission though?

........................................................................................................

anyone found the solution to this problem

I have the same problem which makes the mod unplayable for me.

I'm so upset now cause I love this mod, but since everyone makes everything for ACE, it is hard to play without ACE. Especially since ACEX has many things I can't live without.

........................................................................................................

anyone found the solution to this problem

I have the same problem which makes the mod unplayable for me.

play it whitout ACE mod.. its the only solution for now

play it whitout ACE mod.. its the only solution for now

...we are working for full compatibility but at date this is the only solution

@cross: thanks very, very much for your mirror

Awesome mod!

Was about to add to Six Updater Network, I suppose it's best to wait, or no timetable on update?

@sickboy, i will be happy to add the PedagneMOD to Six Updater Network, but i'm still trying the compatibility with ACE. I'm started to try ACE and Pedagne in the same start-game setting. As a good guy, i have created one folder for each ACE2, ACEX,ACEX_SM, CBA and PedagneMOD (over the folder for CAA1, that need for the upcoming missions of Cimalex).

After i have started the game trougth a one command line: ..... -mod=@ACE2;@ACEX;@CAA1;@CBA;@ACEX_SM;@PedagneMOD

The only sign of incompatibility is:

-The 6614 when touch the water (is canfloat=1) starting to bounce on it. This, not happened with tracked amphibious vehicles.

-The messages as "open door" or "get in car as driver" do not shows automatically, but only through command on keyboard (but i haven't palyed to ACE before, so i don't know if this is a feature or a bug).

-The numbers of the bullets do not show.

Over, i haven't tried the soldiers with the back pack or not. About it, please, where i can find a prospect of the features that i must follow to set the full compatibility with ACE? Mine is not idleness to search it. I'm fixing many bugs on "BASE" version of the mod, so if you can give me some reference link, will help me very much.

@ALL: after about more one hour of run-game with ACE (missions, editor and base game), my system do not crush.

Actions are hidden, number of bullets too.

Most important is being compatible with XEH. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki

All other so called 'compatibilities' are optional, as they mostly enhance features.

We've documented how to use our features as addon and mission maker, in coding notes per feature, the overview is here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/notes+*plus_cards

For a look at some of the values added by ACE, see:

CfgWeapons Example, Sniper Example

CfgVehicles Example

CfgAmmo Example

Click on "Show Full" to see incl all inherited values. Green colored means inherited. Purple means additional ACE properties.

More info here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Developer_Information

(I've also linked to some tickets under "Resources", these are tickets of community members that have added ACE features to 3rd party content)

Edited by Sickboy

-The messages as "open door" or "get in car as driver" do not shows automatically, but only through command on keyboard (but i haven't palyed to ACE before, so i don't know if this is a feature or a bug).

This is a clear sign that some scripts are incompatible with ACE: the mouse scroll-wheel options are the first thing to go missing from ACE when it is incompatible with another mod.

I think you have two goals and it would be useful to you to seperate them both:

1) As Sickboy was hinting when he advised to concentrate on making Pedagne compatible with XEH, the first goal is to stop the mod from crashing when CommunityBaseAddon (CBA) is used. Even without ACE, when CBA is used, Pedagne mod crashes every time on most systems. This is important, because CBA is the community standard of compatibility which will mean that Pedagne can be used alongside most other mods.

As others have said, the problem manifests itself in stutters (clearly the processor trying to cope with incompatible or missing scripts) and then a crash. You have to test this with units firing at each other, as I have a strong feeling it is the damage system that is to blame for these crashes.

2) At a later time, full compatibility with ACE and ACE features.

It's important to split these two goals, as 1) means Pedagne units can be used alongside other addon unit packs (very desirable as soon as possible :p), whereas 2) would be nice if it could be achieved somewhere in the future.

Nice mod, includes many units and weaons and units, but I gonna say it has to be improved. Many glitches. Expecting update.

@richey79: but sickboy has just said (post 95) that the actions and bullets are hidden....

@zago: great! after two years that have wait me, cimalex starting to release his wonderfull missions

yo all first missions avalaible for this great mod take a look ^^

JOINT OPERATIONS

OPERATION RAPTOR

GJ CIMALEX ;)

I’ve played the two missions,they are good. but I found the optics of the AT weapon is black, I hope it could be fixed.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao