Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Play ArmA 2. Win Prizes

Another great game tonight!

Server seemed to behave better for longer too!

Thanks for a fun game to all who took part...

B

Yeah definately, good game

Yep enjoyed even when Delta Squad was given Guard Duty... :) bit quiet back at base but sum1 has to do it...

Yep enjoyed even when Delta Squad was given Guard Duty... :) bit quiet back at base but sum1 has to do it...

You did what while I was gone :eek:

I tell you Infy, the base defence guys got some much earlier than most. The enemy was really pushing hard at our base. Many months ago, we actually considered tasking a squad with base duties, moving prize aircraft about, marshalling the wreck repair point (before we took the wreck chopper away), base defence and CAP, but we decided not to because we thought they'd be bored! Last night, we'd have thought wrong. :)

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

I think we made some progress with removing a couple of addons and tidying the code, but right now, I think the way forward is to port the mission to Domi A2 2.10, which I actually started last weekend.

I've sent the RPT and log files to BI, they are having a look.

Edited by Tankbuster

I tell you Infy, the base defence guys got some much earlier than most. The enemy was really pushing hard at our base.

I don't mean to question your word but at least Delta didn't face much action in the base. The only kills made were by the friendly AI save for the Su-25 when we were already moving out.

I don't mean to question your word but at least Delta didn't face much action in the base. The only kills made were by the friendly AI save for the Su-25 when we were already moving out.

Oh, I heard that they were engaged for a 10 or 15 minute period. Still... a knocked down sooky is a huge contribution to the mission as a whole. Who was the shooter?

The side missions made an interesting distraction also.... ..... some nice transport from Celery...... shame that one with the general that we had to drag back to base went tits up.... "he wouldnt come, so Rarius done the honourable thing,, and put one in the back of his head :) "

The side missions made an interesting distraction also.... ..... some nice transport from Celery...... shame that one with the general that we had to drag back to base went tits up.... "he wouldnt come, so Rarius done the honourable thing,, and put one in the back of his head :) "

They would if they worked.

No one is more disappointed about that than me, I promise you. A lot of time went into that because the original general arrest from Domination was broken even in vanilla. We fixed it.

But when the rescue/arty guys were removed from the squads, we needed someone else to initiate the arrest, so we decided it should be the squad leader. When he arrests, the general is supposed to join his group so that the SL can make him get in the helo, but as you saw, it doesn't work. In testing it worked, time after time. We don't know why it doesn't work in the full size games.

I can tell you that in the latest Domi, 2.11, the general arrest is handled very differently, I've looked at the code. Anyone can arrest him (and thus, take control of him) and if I can get the time, I can finish the edit of 2.11 to be a Chernarus Rhapsody mission.

Np.. buddy.. would have been nice to have dragged his arse back, but unfortunately he didnt fancy Celery's flying... :) ,,, you could change the mission so that we have to drill his arse... instead.. :)

Guys,

I've now finished editing Domination 2.11 so that's it's very close to Chernarus Rhapsody.

I'd like to test it on the PCF server tonight. I'd like as many players as possible at the normal time.

Sry, only just seen this so unless you are on a late one ...

Tonight's was the best yet... :) thoroughly enjoyed that

Yep, same here,

Glad we all cleared the air too, made the game better and friendlier with more team comms and support

Tonight's was the best yet... :) thoroughly enjoyed that

Agreed. I managed not to shoot you this week as well. :yay:

LOL.. that was you was it :) server managed to hold out.. which was great. at one point it did look dodgy but it sorted itself out....

Enjoyed this round as well; all the side missions worked like a charm!

Yes - server held up well with only one pause (was prob out of breath). I think there were 26 in all on the server ? Will be interesting to see the photos from the press man.

Nice to see them constantly putting effort in and updating the mission and also working on the server itself. Good job!

Well I gotta say it was a very nice event even though I did miss the last game. I will definitely be joining if anything similar is ran later on! Well done Tanky, Rarius and the whole PCFormat crew and thank you for the game!

Yeah thanks to everyone that made the event happen! I'll be looking out for future events like this, cheers!