Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Play ArmA 2. Win Prizes

We had to change the squads immediately before we played because a number of people didn't show and the signup page now reflects the squads as they were when we actually played the game, unless I've screwed it up. Have I?

You moved Sekra into another squad, he was a great medic for us last week and was there all the time. Go back a few pages and see the comments made about him :)

I've moved him to the wrong squad then. I always intended that we should play game 2 with the same teams we played game 1. I'll fix it later.

TIP #2; If you're a medic, set that show player names to "show health".

That's gonna help BigTime!... without the "BIS wounds" flashing red *, its well tricky trying to tell who needs first-aid and who doesn't...!

B

You moved Sekra into another squad, he was a great medic for us last week and was there all the time. Go back a few pages and see the comments made about him :)

Yes you're right, my apologies. I've moved him back. Best keep quiet though, or his head will be getting stuck in doorways! :D

Sekra is in Echo again. What's going on? :(

Delta's leader, Infamous asked to have Leader as his corpsman on Delta. Apparently Leader is in his clan.

I'll have to make sure I turn that Mumble overlay on so I get a better idea of who's talking when :)

I'll have to make sure I turn that Mumble overlay on so I get a better idea of who's talking when :)

You need to click advanced on the bottom left in settings to enable this overlay option, and be sure to tweak its position, on default some of the names (top 2 or 3) will be obscured by your weapon ammo info, You need to move the slider fully to the right and drop it a little, set it to grow down and grow left.

Mumble is just miles ahead of the rest

All that trouble for nothing then.

If you really want Sekra as Delta Medic we can swap him for Sabre and then give Leader the Infantry slot?

If you really want Sekra as Delta Medic we can swap him for Sabre and then give Leader the Infantry slot?

Maybe we should have some kind of transfer system.

I'm sure it would involve a fee as well. :D

Maybe we should have some kind of transfer system.

I'm sure it would involve a fee as well. :D

Indeed, use cider as the currency tho.

Indeed, use cider as the currency tho.

Now you're talking !

I probably need to hire an agent...

You need to click advanced on the bottom left in settings to enable this overlay option, and be sure to tweak its position, on default some of the names (top 2 or 3) will be obscured by your weapon ammo info, You need to move the slider fully to the right and drop it a little, set it to grow down and grow left.

Mumble is just miles ahead of the rest

Spot on, thanks for that it's worked. Bear in mind if anyone else wants to do this make sure you also goto the 'Plugins' tab and check the top box there that say's "Link to games and transmit positions"

Spot on, thanks for that it's worked. Bear in mind if anyone else wants to do this make sure you also goto the 'Plugins' tab and check the top box there that say's "Link to games and transmit positions"

Actually this is for positional audio plugins, not the overlay. And what I tested a few weeks back the positional audio on A2 in mumble was still very very crude, would mess up frequently and overall not usable although the has been a few updates afterwards and it might be better allready..

Actually this is for positional audio plugins, not the overlay. And what I tested a few weeks back the positional audio on A2 in mumble was still very very crude, would mess up frequently and overall not usable although the has been a few updates afterwards and it might be better allready..

Got'ya bud. Is that Bushlurker? :)

... someone need a bandaid? ;)

B

Ahhh, here he his. I was under the belief you were under another name. Scottish medics are the way forward ;)

I can't make it this Thursday.

Sorry about that.

Might pop-in later on Monday.

I have a request for the upcoming weeks, on channel commander if there is something important being said can they ask for confirmation from the other leaders as to whether or not they've heard.

Sometimes its difficult to keep track of whats being said on channel commander whilst someone is reporting enemy contacts in a respective channel. If we adopted some basic form of "Roger" or "Repeat" without having to be all armchair general I think we could work better.

I am also aware that I don't inform other teams of Delta's movements as I should, this is error on my part as I assumed everyone would know were we all were as its shown on the map constantly. However, if other team leaders prefer spoken orders in addition I am more than happy to do this. I hope this weeks new server performs well. :)

I have a request for the upcoming weeks, on channel commander if there is something important being said can they ask for confirmation from the other leaders as to whether or not they've heard.

Agreed. We should make this procedure for all squad leaders. Standard Operating Procedure is now that each SL should acknowledge a transmission on the command net. They'll do so in order, so me on Alpha first, then Bravo etc. I do appreciate the command channel can be confusing as you can still hear your own squads transmissions while transmitting and receiving on command channel so we need to keep it clean while at the same time, keeping our own individual squad nets lean and business like.

I am also aware that I don't inform other teams of Delta's movements as I should, this is error on my part as I assumed everyone would know were we all were as its shown on the map constantly.

There isn't always time and besides, what with the technical problems we've had with the hardware, the map is often quite lagged. Personally, I run alpha as a rather 'hands off' squad. I rarely fire my weapon except to defend myself so I do get time to see the rather more than some squad leaders who are definitely stuck in. This isn't a criticism of the other squad or their leaders, just how I prefer to play. I don't believe in forcing the SLs to play in a given style as long as everyone has fun and we pwn OPFOR.

Another great game tonight!

Server seemed to behave better for longer too!

Thanks for a fun game to all who took part...

B