Sign in to follow this  
Red Fox RUS

Arma2 functionality with Vista 64bit?

Hey guys, I had A2 back in the 1.02 patch days running on my vista 64 bit rig and it sucked so bad. I know it was because it didn't run well with vista or 8 gig's of ram. Have they fixed these problems yet? I upgraded so to speak to 7 32 bit and using 4 gigs of ram. The game ran so much better at the time but to be quite honest I don't like 7 and miss my vista64bit with the 8 gig's.

So basically, have they worked out the bugs with vista64 and 8 gig's of ram? Meaning no FPS drop or random crashes because of the operating system.

Thanks for your help

Mitchell

Hey guys, I had A2 back in the 1.02 patch days running on my vista 64 bit rig and it sucked so bad. I know it was because it didn't run well with vista or 8 gig's of ram. Have they fixed these problems yet? I upgraded so to speak to 7 32 bit and using 4 gigs of ram. The game ran so much better at the time but to be quite honest I don't like 7 and miss my vista64bit with the 8 gig's.

So basically, have they worked out the bugs with vista64 and 8 gig's of ram? Meaning no FPS drop or random crashes because of the operating system.

Thanks for your help

Mitchell

Those arnt bugs, they're engine limitations, RV3 isn't 64bit OS compatible so 8gb + vista 64 isnt as efficient as it should compared to using Xp with 4gb ram.

anyways I know nothing of how that all works, but for sure its because there's no support for 64bit.

and because of that the Arma 2 executable will only use about 1.5 gb of ram if you're lucky for me it only uses 1gb ram.

Adding support I believe would require a new engine architecture and pretty much a new engine, I dunno if its possible to emulate such stuff.

You can try the ramdisk method, again dont know how to do it but others on here have seen "significant" improvement with ramdisk having all the pbos on the disk so the HDD doesnt have to stream and such.

Beg BIS for new engine/ 64bit support

Runs fine these days with Vista 64 and 8gig of RAM, the problem was sorted and lots more to boot.

The best performance increase I have gotten since the release of Arma2 was setting up a dual boot with Winxp64 just for Arma2. It was and still is worth 10fps more in real world play eg, not benchmarking