Sign in to follow this  
Takko

I like the sounds

In contrast to a lot of other people, I do like the

sounds.

They arent just youtubr rip offs and well made

in my book.

Compare them to ArmA and are the difference!

So I fail to see, what you dont like?

I liek a lot of the default sounds but some are a bit weak... like the 30mm cannon sound. Makes a sort of knocking sound. It doesn't sound as good as many of the others. I think the AK sounds, while sounding very stereotypically (for lack of a better word) like an AK, aren't very powerful sounding either.

The vehicle sounds, by and large, are excellent. The rotor sounds are excellent but they would fit better with helicopters with two bladed rotors. They are mismatched.

i think you right takko, another thing is that they actually provide usefull information about things you dont see, no soundmod i tested managed that. i prefer hearing whats going on instead of "realistic"(i start to hate this term) sounds. and if a heli is four or two bladed actually doesnt matter in my opinion, aslong the sound fits to the distance, speed and the direction its flying.

I honestly don't care, if it turns out I don't like the finished items there will be plenty of mods to choose from or I can make my own. I just wish the haters would piss-off and play something else because I'm heartily sick of all the impotent whining going on here ATM.

I honestly don't care, if it turns out I don't like the finished items there will be plenty of mods to choose from or I can make my own. I just wish the haters would piss-off and play something else because I'm heartily sick of all the impotent whining going on here ATM.

This is a discussion forum and were discussing the game, talk about hypocritical :rolleyes: .

Personally I like almost all of ARMA's sounds, except some specific sounds I really do like the modded versions of, for example the bullet snap sound (i think that's what its called) when bullets impact near you, I dont exactly love the default sound heh but I did find a good mod that made it sound a lot better, same thing with running sound.

This is a discussion forum and were discussing the game, talk about hypocritical :rolleyes:

I'm not at all certain you have any idea what I'm referring to but thanks for sharing, your perspective on the bullet snaps was most illuminating.

This is a discussion forum and were discussing the game, talk about hypocritical :rolleyes: .

Personally I like almost all of ARMA's sounds, except some specific sounds I really do like the modded versions of, for example the bullet snap sound (i think that's what its called) when bullets impact near you, I dont exactly love the default sound heh but I did find a good mod that made it sound a lot better, same thing with running sound.

Bullet snap I think is the sound when a supersonic bullet passes near you.

I'm not at all certain you have any idea what I'm referring to but thanks for sharing, your perspective on the bullet snaps was most illuminating.

I was saying how you were whining about people whining was hypocritcal.. how you couldn't understand that is beyond me :confused:

secondly, im glad you found my explanations illuminating :yay:

If i should specify then its the explosions wich i find too monotone since its basically the same explosion for all bombs and many impacts. Variation in them and a bit more power/umph would be nice.

A part form the sounds themselves i would like for us to get close and far classes. Now we have a software occlusion filter (wich is pretty nice though), but with a new "far" class we would have sounds made specifically for the distance. Imagine very thumpy and low key bass explosions in the distance or MG's with long occluded trailoffs (echos kinda).

This is something i would really like. Maybe it comes from having worked with sounds in the past. :)

with the explosion sounds you have a point, they don´t use all the sounds that come in the several sound folders of the game, so they really sound pretty identical.

regarding the distance sounds, that is something which can be achieved with using backround soundfiles i think. of course realtime would be cool, but i guess things like the mg effects you described are pretty tough to create (have a nice soundfile of a mg btw which has these echo like effects, its really a fantastic sound)

I was saying how you were whining about people whining was hypocritcal.. how you couldn't understand that is beyond me :confused:

It's hypocritical in the same way that being intolerant of intolerance is hypocritical: not at all.

The original sounds compared to OFP ones, OFP sounds are better!

edit: this was already discussed in the pass in a more complex thread with few suggestions and so far nothing was made/mentioned (significantly) to improve it.

Edited by bravo 6

My only problem with the vanilla sounds is that many weapons use the same sounds.

The only change i ask for is more powerfull sounds, when i land a 1000m shot with a 50cal i want it to sound like i got the power of god in my hands not a peashooter lol. I remeber the origanal fry cry, filled me with warm satisfaction every time i fired the sniper ohhh it was goooood.!>

sounds.

in my book.

Once you hear a sound mod like HiFi Sounds then you'll know why...

Edited by No Use For A Name

Are the Gau and mini-gun type sounds here to stay? i thought they were just place holders? Gau-8 sounds absolutley horrible :(

sounds.

in my book.

I think that a lot of people mean by the "sounds" actually the sound engine.

If there was no number of sounds limitation, the game could sound a lot "richer".

My only problem with the vanilla sounds is that many weapons use the same sounds.

Yep. I agree with this.

There's no doubt I that I do prefer a sound mod when I play though.

The vanilla sounds are significantly better than any of BIS' other games. But, like Celery and Dead3yez said, too many weapons use the same sound. I guess BIS just got lazy or... Something. It's impossible to distinguish most of the snipers from each other, for example. If this wasn't the case, then I'd be fine if we never had sound mods. Not like that would ever happen, though. :p

sounds.

in my book.

Agree most vanilla sounds are very good, though explosions and bullet cracks need a little work :)

Try CSM2. It´s the best sound mod out there. It world with ACE and the imersion it provides is greater!

Try CSM2. It´s the best sound mod out there. It world with ACE and the imersion it provides is greater!

I have been using CSM2 for a long time, also tried HiFi, ACE Sound Mod and Sound Of War. Funny thing is now that i again tried play with vanilla sounds(most of them, changed a few myself) they sounds really good :)

Right now i'm using bullet cracks from CSM2 and my own custom sounds for the M249 and the M4A1, the rest is vanilla but i'm gonna add custom sounds for grenades/explosions aswell.

I also liked ArmA2's default sounds, however, and this is a big however, they're boring. ArmA's sounds have always been bland in my opinion. If there was a way to have the Bad Company 2 sounds ... :D

Edited by LJF