Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

WIP: Island Villa afgana 10x10 km

I think you are correct it would indeed be a shame to no complete this map.

There is a minor problem on Chernarus when using this map, some of the grass doesn't appear. I guess it's the same problem the Utes grass had. It's in several areas but the main place I first noticed it in was North of Olsha at the shore of that river coming inland from the sea. Tons of grass was missing, but some areas (Like around Stary Sobor) it was fine. I guess it's only a couple of areas and (hopefully) shouldn't be too hard to patch?

Great map!

Tried a squad vs. squad assault one of those walled villages. What a MAZE! By the time I found a badguy it was point blank range and had to open up without going to iron sights.

Would definitely be good training for a realism squad playing coop.

Edited by Uziyahu--IDF

Think with a little updating and some more stuff on there that makes it more alive it would be even better and the size is already big enough to do loads off stuff,

been having loads off fun on the map togheter with UK forces hunting taliban!

Great stuff and hope you update the map insted off making a new version.

cya

Had a great battle on this terrain recently. Was playing a squad sized operation I made and we breached a compound, near the left side of the river after receiving fire from a nearby hilltop. In the the compound we breached we continued a section that led 3 different ways, once we stepped inside here in a column formation an insurgent from behind me in a corner, past me, then sat at the next corner we had to cross. We lobbed grenades in the area but had to finally lean in and seal the deal. 1 squad member was mortally wounded in the predicament.

Looking forward to updates and new projects. Keep up the great work!

Hi! I really want to check this map out, but the game always ctd's when i press preview in the editor. I have tried putting all the required pbos in my addons folder, and I've tried making a modfolder for the map. Same result.

FVacSga77T_RTYZUS-hlg-_3RaNsxH4R

This is how it looks on my pc. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Jonstyle

Hi Jonstyle, Looks pretty mutch like mine but your missing a OPX addon called "OPX_RE" think that gives the problem,for the rest it looks ok, the file comes with avgani and afghan village addon for Arma1.

Hope it helps

Cya

Thank you for the tup Spoetnik! I have dl the file and put it in there with the rest. So now it looks exactly as the picture above, only with the addition of "OPX_RE".

Still, the same result though. Really gets on mye nerves :( Any other tips?

Nice one looks sweet the only thing i could suggest that if it is possible to create couple of fording points or a bridge not to many just enough to hold in TvT events if ya know wat i mean its easy to shoot down helos.

great work we at operation reality made a few missions on this map and it very very good keep up the good work

This is a pretty little map dude. We had a LAN on it the other night and i must say it was really cool.

We noticed some of the work in progress town and although it looks like a task it'll be sweet when its finished.

Also the size is just fine, leave as is.

The only issue i saw was some of the terrain nearer the edges. The textures were very stretched but i thibk its already been brought up.

Keep up the good work

Thank you for the tup Spoetnik! I have dl the file and put it in there with the rest. So now it looks exactly as the picture above, only with the addition of "OPX_RE".

Still, the same result though. Really gets on mye nerves Any other tips? [/ QUOTE]

Jonstyle hello, I had the same problem as you, I install this mod I http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9276 suprimé this mod, and the card works now it must be conflict with this mod, I hope you have help, sorry for the English I use google to translate

Edited by bobfr57

x2 Chernarus grass is gone now, hopefully an easy fix

So will the grass issue on Chernarus be fixed like Utes was fixed?

I finally got around to downloading this to check it out...

It's Very Impressive!! I was surprised how well it looked from the air - for an early Alpha!

Buildings, objects - even clutter and vegetation all look well balanced tonally - everything "fits" quite well against the terrain backdrop...

I still think that Arrowhead is worth waiting for, for all these upcoming afghan-style maps... BIS don't cut corners on the models front usually - there's gonna be a full scale Objectsfest of buildings and walls, misc objects - most likely even specific clutter, bush and tree models that are all VERY likely to fit perfectly with this terrain...

regarding a couple of previous posts...

I didn't find an "OPX_RE" file in the download Kinno provided a link for - just the 4 usual OPX buildings, roads, plants and misc... I added the "razmisc.pbo" from Kinnos other link and had no problems running the terrain... not sure what OPX_RE" is, but I don't think its required...

I also checked for missing grass/clutter on Chernarus... didn't seem to have a problem there either - I switched back and forth from Utes, to Helmund, to Chernarus and back again several times - previewiing each in the editor and had proper clutter on all...

tested with Arma2, CBA and this island, plus its 5 associated files - nothing else...

To you guys who were getting missing clutter on Cherno.... did you have any other islands loaded at the time? could you maybe test again with just vanilla arma2 and this island (you don't even really need CBA - not for an island... I only had it running since it's glued to first slot permanently on my customised launcher)... and let us know if it's back do normal, or still missing...??

Anyhow... Great Terrain Kinno - I'm looking forward to watching this one develop!

B

I checked, it is definately Helmand making some grass dissapear as none of my other maps do this to Chernarus, mainly grass near water, esspecially North of Olsha, so it's nothing really distracting, I'd just like a fix.

Awesome terrain. Very ambient. Good work there. Looking forward to the next update.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet.

The map grid coordinates are not showing properly, which affects commands like mapGridPosition, plus when you zoom in close it should then show triple digits.

The Zoom1 class needs the format to be "000", not just 0.

class Grid : Grid {
           offsetX = 0;
           offsetY = 0;

class Zoom1 {
               zoomMax = 0.15;
               format = "XY";
[b]                formatX = "000";
               formatY = "000";
[/b]                stepX = 100;
               stepY = 100;
           };

Edited by Dr_Eyeball
spelling

OK I checked again... North of Olsha...

Sure enough there IS clutter missing - up near that inlet near the seashore...

It only seems to be that one surface type on Chernarus...

I had a look inside the island .pbo... theres a whole bunch of surfaces defined, but only two currently active...

One of these uses the ... "cr_trava2_etc,etc.paa" texture files from Chernarus... that's OK - most islands use BIS textures, but I think these could do with being renamed...

Kinno...

You could try "retagging" these texture files - just like you did with the UT on classnames, drop the "cr" on these files and make them "kinno_trava2_detail_co.paa", etc, etc.... just in case that "cr" tag on the textures is interfering with the same-named texture on Chernarus...

I'm not totally sure thats the problem, but one Cherno texture in use on Helmund, and one Cherno texture on Cherno acting funny is awful suspicious...

Remember to do renaming in all configs/rvmats, etc where those files are mentioned, as well as rename the files themselves...

B

Just want to say how refreshing it is to see such great support from the community, Bushlurker, Dr_Eyeball and anyone else that's helped improve the map.

Great map, keep up the good work kinno!

Bob, you are forgiven for your english, and thank you for trying to help. Did you mean you had to delete hte mod you linked to? If so, I have never installed it, so I guess it doesn't matter. Still, am I the only one with problems here? It's a shame, would really like to check it out.

EDIT:

Damn, I had the mod installed! Deleted it, and now the map works!

So if anyone else encounters problems with this map, delete "Jonas Hendrickx' SFOD-D High Performance Addon"

Edited by Jonstyle

@Jon: I havn't had any problems with this island, and you are correct it is the SFOD mod which does this to islands. A friend of mine could only play isla duala and all his maps just crashed his games. So he stripped his folders of all addons and then tested them one by one, turns out that SFOD somehow messes with islands.

Back on topic. Love this map, have already made several missions with it!