Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

WIP: Island Villa afgana 10x10 km

Yeah ok, I got all that thanks. I decided to ignore the error and try to go into the map and it works fine.

Thanks for your support. :)

This map looks amazing. I did a quick tour and I'm definitely impressed.

Some suggestions:

Draw the Runway on the satmap so that it doesn't go invisible from a small distance away.

Consider expanding the base a bit. I can supply pictures of a large FOB that can give you ideas, it may be from Iraq but it is good enough to show the general set up.

ok after a bit more of testing, this is how i feel! over all this is amazing, but please replace all the Arma1 Hesco Barriers, with the better looking Arma2 "large" Hesco Barriers? and along with that please replace the Arma1 "Fortess\Bunkers" with the Arma2 version....and maby a Hesco Barrier Wall around the whole compound...or wooden walls..but i think the arma2 Hesco Barriers would look much nicer!

also..i know you cant help this but can you posibly look into doing the same thing BIS did, by making the ends of the maps random generated terrian? or even if possible just let the mountians around the ends of the map taper\fade off into flater terrian?

and yes i agree with Darkhorse..i can aswell provide pics if needed, but im sure Darkhorse has much better quility ons then mine!

p.s. please remove the 3 big "Hospitals" insidethe main FOB...if you need to just use the better looking USMC "Feild Hostipals", and we only need one..btw the "Tent City" looks great..love the detail in that alone! but maby even tho in RL most bases have tents & barracks..in arma2 i think it does not look so good!

maby in the future we could either have mostly\only barracks or tents...keep in mind most AFB's are more permant and usually the "tent citys" are only temp, as they get replaced by better barracks with AC...Lighting and all the goodies(trust me i was USAF...and i can asure you we had it better made then the grunts did)! also maby then we could have a large Wooden Walled perimeter?

anyways, please do not think i am trying to be rude, or demanding..im simple just giving MHO! I do not mean any harm, i think this map is spectacular, and thats why i took the time to give my thoughts and ideas...and thats all they are, just friendly suggestions!

good day,

Dave

a list of things i see need to be done/fixed

1. Roads, probably first thing I would want done. its not easy (and expensive :p) transporting your ammo by heli

2. Perhaps some bases around the map.

3. procedural outside of the map is a bit messed up, needs to be fixed or at least make it flat.

2. Perhaps some bases around the map.
Nevar! You can easily build one, with a template for example.

Plus You've got a military airfield to start with.

Is anybody else missing clutter on Utes when using the map? is it a PROPER or SAP Clutter conflict? How to fix it?

Just tried it out, it looks very nice so far, keep up the good work!

Is anybody else missing clutter on Utes when using the map? is it a PROPER or SAP Clutter conflict? How to fix it?

Yeah my clutter from utes has disappeared but that was after the latest duala?

Anyway nice map, the ocean sounds dont feel right, i realize this probably unavoidable as every river/stream in all maps have the ocean sound, it maybe just feels more pronounced in this map? just an observation.

I like desert and green areas in the same map, gives good variety.

Thanks for your work man :D

Guys its just a beta -_- i guess most of the suggestions are known things....so the only suggestion i can make is... plz take a look at some of the trees. Sometimes your car is bumping and "flying" around if you hit them with a car...otherwise everything is ok i guess as it is a beta :]

great work guyz something that was missing for the game thank's for hard work

I have to say its an awesome map, Really really well done, I love the green plains around the river, Its very much a breath of fresh air.

I cant quite put my finger on why i like this map so much, I think maybe because its meant to be a real place?

The only problem i have with it, but cant be fixed over night, as with all ArmA2 maps, Theres very few building types. In rural afghanistan, yes its more than likely that the only difference between buildings is where the holes in the wall are.

+1 Excellent map!

After few short tests: Map rocks.

MOOOOOARRRR

Nevar! You can easily build one, with a template for example.

Plus You've got a military airfield to start with.

True, but it always feels like building your own makes the game run awful.

I've been missing the grass on utes for a while now.. I've given up all hope :(

With the new beta patches maps load very fast, so no more loading up utes because it's just "there" to test new addons :)

Finally figured it out. I would love to see a giant sand berm around the airfield, with an opening for a main gate, and a smaller opening on one side/the back for a secondary gate.

thanks Minimalaco,

but i have a error: afgan_village requires addon "CAPlants"

someone else too ? :rolleyes:

arma22010050501551513.th.png

oh, whats that? operation arrowhead? :p

My God, I never imagined that this beta was liked by all despite being in such an early stage

I want to thank all the comments that you undertake me, serving as support to get stronger at the new project of 20 x 20 that I was involved with work starting from scratch, but with the commitment to actually land east height of all who enjoy our favorite simulator

Thanks to all

Regards

I'm having Utes map grass clutter disappear too when running this map. Hopefully its an easy fix because this map is great so far.

No grass on Utes here to, The Kulima map has the same effect on Utes for anyone trying to isolate the problem.

It's because the islands configs are derived from Utes and the clutter config classnames haven't been changed... that causes conflicts with the default stuff, where those classnames are also used...

Its a relatively easy config and file renaming job which I'm sure kinno will sort out...

B

Bushlurker

Master Sergeant

It's because the islands configs are derived from Utes and the clutter config classnames haven't been changed... that causes conflicts with the default stuff, where those classnames are also used...

Its a relatively easy config and file renaming job which I'm sure kinno will sort out...

Thanks Bushlurker

While I recognize that this is beyond me, can you tell me exactly where the fault.?

Greetings and thanks again for the support

This is amazing for a Beta. I'd add some more clutter to make the villages look lived in and make the land beside the rivers less steep at certain areas.