Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

WIP: Island Villa afgana 10x10 km

Hi all, this is an island of afghanistan of 10x10 km, the project this advanced enough and here I leave a video them.

the project belongs to Kinno, of Spain, I only made the video, and by all means ideas, suggestions, etc are accepted…

For the proper functioning of the land have that to include in the addons folder 5 pbo

this link we will take the 4 opx

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/addons/opx.7z

and this we shall take only the razmisc.

http://www.filefront.com/16368513/addons.rar

I can only thank the authors of those addons their work as well as all of you who have supported the project from Bis Forums

Enjoy it.

Kinno.

Fixed the problem with the grass in Utes, thanks to friend Bushlurker.

pbo set download

Regards.

zg5ST5vZVVU

20tfhv6.jpg

Edited by Minimalaco

Looks beautiful. I'm guessing View Distance is maxed out in that screenshot? Also what buildings are used? Opteryx, BIS, or Custom?

Looks like a really nice place :-D

That picture is an awesome screen shot, Im sure theres going to be some pretty heavy firefights in those fields

Hi there looks really good :) I must download a few maps/islands I have only ever stuck to the stock ones.

Do I have to Run them as a @mod type thing?.

Hi there looks really good :) I must download a few maps/islands I have only ever stuck to the stock ones.

Do I have to Run them as a @mod type thing?.

STK yeah, Just make sure the folders are like this

@Island>addons>islandname.pbo

Then add the @Island folder name to your shortcut start up line like this...

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod ;@Island

Hmm this doesnt look quite right. Use a game launcher, The alpine stars one works great for me

OO crap i almost forgot, THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS TYPE OF QUESTIONING

But wait ive answered you.. DOH!

Woah, very good looking. Looking forward to playing this!

holy sh...! awesome music and awesome map. nice colors nice details just nice. now release it!

Holy Crap! That looks absolutely amazing! Looks like perfect green zone for some intense infantry action.

Sexy music :)

I hope its not an island like you said but a terrain! ;)

I know where this takes place :)

Oruzgan Province

You've gone very far along with this map! sweet fu***k job man

Hi all

First I want to thank all your comments concerning this site, since it is not an island, whose name will be "Afghan villages'

is made directly from an image taken from google map, is this

http://maps.google.es/?ie=UTF8&ll=32.923834, 65.552845 & spn = 0.11729,0.288391 & t = h & z = 13

I've been working in quite some time, between visitor learning and development of the land, as it is the first that I do.

If I were to say the rate of progress would say that 40%, even so if released a beta of it I think I could live up to be used to edit it good cooperative missions.

That said, before the rush of having something similar to what is Operation Arrowhead

I promise to take a public beta before the day May 8, 2010, pending a final review in which I would like to change some objects with some very good qualities as buildings and other included in the next Operation

Arrowhead

Best regards

Kinno.

arma2_2010_04_28_20_44_18_461ao61ki.jpg arma2_2010_04_28_20_42_31_641po61cn.jpg arma2_2010_04_28_20_41_16_181rh63gc.jpg arma2_2010_04_28_20_33_39_281mg92a4.jpg

arma2_2010_04_28_20_32_58_761we66ub.jpg

I can only ask one thing. For the towns, could you make it look lived in? Trash in the streets, maybe some wrecked vehicles, signs etc.

It looks super.

Could I suggest, to avoid confusion, you avoid "Afghan Village(s)" as there is already a well known map of that name. Maybe Helmand Valley or Zin Village (which as far as I can tell is the region you've chosen)?

zin.jpg

I can only ask one thing. For the towns, could you make it look lived in? Trash in the streets, maybe some wrecked vehicles, signs etc.

You could also add a couple of smaller rocks in the river basin areas like these: http://www.imaxenes.com/imagen/arma2_2010_04_28_20_41_16_181rh63gc.jpg.html

I always feel they make up for the lack of micro terrain.

Looking forward to testing it regardless. :)

WOW! This looks great!!!

How far along is this map?

I really cant wait for more Middle Eastern styled maps. This is great!

Terrain looks awesome, nice work.

Please give us an early beta to check out!

Protegimus

It looks super.

Could I suggest, to avoid confusion, you avoid "Afghan Village(s)" as there is already a well known map of that name. Maybe Helmand Valley or Zin Village

Thanks for the notes made.

This will be duly reflected in the next beta.

You could also add a couple of smaller rocks in the river basin areas like these:

arma2_2010_04_28_23_02_50_501mj507k.jpg

If there are areas as you point out, but will consider it for the gameplay to include some more.

WOW! This looks great!!!
How far along is this map?

size is 10 x 10

Has therefore hope that the details are to match what is required.

Regards

Kinno.

Edited by kinno

Looks awesome mate, Afghan Village has always been my fave, so would love something in ARMA2 that doesn't require the CAA pack.