Sign in to follow this  
SGFS-Jack

We need help!

Wir suchen dringend Mappers und Modders für unserer ArmA2 Projekt!

Das Staragte Forscher & Support Team sucht dringend Mapper und Modders wo uns bei folgenden Problemen helfen können:

1) für die Mapper:

a)Wir haben vor auf einer ArmA2 Map zweii kleine Ändereungen vor zunehmen und such daher welche wo das für uns machen können.(Siehe Fotos im Anhang)

b) Weiter suchen wir auch Mapper die bei unserem Projekt im Map Bereich mit arbeiten wollen.

2) Für die Modders:

a) Wir haben Addons wo Texturen und Räume fehlen, der Grund dafür wird sein dassie nicht ArmA2 tauglich sind, deswegen suchen wir gute Modders die uns diese Addon ArmA2 tauglich machen so das alle Texturen und Räume vorhanden sind.

Hier die Addons:

* Commando Stargate Center (..)

* Cheyenne Mountain Complex (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3405&comments=1)

b) Weiter suchen wir auch Mapper die bei unserem Projekt im Map Bereich mit arbeiten wollen.

Wir sind über jede Hilfe dankebar

CU

Jack Mappers and modders wanted urgently!

The "Stargate Forscher & Support Team seeks' urgent mappers and modders who can help us with the following problems.

1) We have two small changes to improve the Worl123 Map. Might it be possible that you can make these changes in the World123 Map? (See photo attached!)

2)Would it be possible that a good modder could make the following addons for ArmA2 fit so that all the textures and spaces are available?

Here the addons are:

* Cheyenne Mountain Complex (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3405&comments=1)

We are grateful for any help.

CU

Jack

it's really interesting to see "underground" caves, I've often thought of making some by creating hills and or mountains, then carving out the path so that when you place the rock object over top, you still get the behavior of the ground.

I'm far too busy atm to get involved, hope someone can pitch in and help you guys, good luck :)

We do not allow thread titles which such titles as "We need help". Even if english is not your first language you could think about a thread title which does not force people to read the post first to see if he can help you or not.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Nothing on topic but why Germans always, well.. not all ways.. or all of them, but like everyone except the single one thinking: "This guy talks crap" right now. [which actually is not the case, I just smoke weed.:D]

But, why you guys talk German when you know there are more kind of people that talk English that can help you, don't be rude.. we already left the big, one world "German Empire" where everyone talks German just for you.:j:

Guess I have to be 100% German to understand..^^

Well,

maybe it´s not too smart writing german on this forums but why does this lead to a "always the germans" comment. I thought ones origin does not count here.:)

BTW: Have you ever read the first two lines of Het Wilhelmus?:D

This is not meant to be an offence...

we already left the big, one world "German Empire" where everyone talks German just for you.

Thats right we have the American Empire where everybody talks english for them :p ;)

But to stay on Topic, Creating a Mountain base like that would mean that you need a lot of new Models and put them piece by piece on the Map.

Arma2 Engines does not allow us to carve caves and tunnels into the terrain.

But its an interessting idea what you want to do there, hope you find someone who can help you :)

I think the OP is actually requesting help porting Arma1 stuff to Arma2 - the Chyenne Mountain Complex in the link was by Colonel Well for Arma 1 and actually did work - more or less... it was essentially a huge artificial mountain you could walk around in inside like a building - really complex and impressive! - quite a few geometry bugs - don't think it was ever completed... it's still available on good 'ol Armaholic...

Not sure about the "map" - it seems SGFSJack forgot to add the picture, and I don't remember an island of that name...

I think the addons requests thread might actually have been a better place for this post...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

The island was done for the Stargate Mod. It was basically 6 or 9 large rough "squares" that were seperated by water, and that were meant to represent different planets from Stargate, or ones that could pass as so. It was released only on their forum though, perhaps because it's a beta, or maybe they intend to release the whole mod (There is alot of the Stargate Universe *Not the show "Stargate Universe"* in addon form on their forums) as a whole, with working stargates included.

*Edit* Large underground complexes and tunnel systems are very much possible, but they have to be created of one or more models, and the exteriors must much the ground they are placed against. Basically for a tunnel network you would have to create things like this:

=========== Where the space between the lines is a large ditch or crevice, with the tunnel model placed in it

-----^^^^^----- Where you create tunnels that are meant to go through mountains, pretty tough to do, as you must make the entire mountain yourself, getting it to look semi-normal, and not too weird compared to the Visitor made terrain.

Also, look at Namalsk. He basically dug a GIANT, Very Deep pit in his island on Visitor, and then made an object to fill it. He didn't fill the whole thing (yet) but it is a very good example. Just remember to put an escape elevator or ladder somewhere. ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Thats right we have the American Empire where everybody talks english for them :p ;)

But to stay on Topic, Creating a Mountain base like that would mean that you need a lot of new Models and put them piece by piece on the Map.

Arma2 Engines does not allow us to carve caves and tunnels into the terrain.

But its an interessting idea what you want to do there, hope you find someone who can help you :)

True lol, yeah well I'm Dutch but I live in Germany so that's my kind of story lol. But yeah on the English side is true too. But yeah.. I'm just saying, if we can all understand each other.. it will go a lot easier in this world.. that's the main point!:)

Wir suchen dringend Mappers und Modders für unserer ArmA2 Projekt!

Das Staragte Forscher & Support Team sucht dringend Mapper und Modders wo uns bei folgenden Problemen helfen können:

1) für die Mapper:

a)Wir haben vor auf einer ArmA2 Map zweii kleine Ändereungen vor zunehmen und such daher welche wo das für uns machen können.(Siehe Fotos im Anhang)

2) Für die Modders:

a) Wir haben Addons wo Texturen und Räume fehlen, der Grund dafür wird sein dassie nicht ArmA2 tauglich sind, deswegen suchen wir gute Modders die uns diese Addon ArmA2 tauglich machen so das alle Texturen und Räume vorhanden sind.

Hier die Addons:

Wir sind über jede Hilfe dankebar

CU

Jack Mappers and modders wanted urgently!

The "Stargate Forscher & Support Team seeks' urgent mappers and modders who can help us with the following problems.

1) We have two small changes to improve the Worl123 Map. Might it be possible that you can make these changes in the World123 Map? (See photo attached!)

2)Would it be possible that a good modder could make the following addons for ArmA2 fit so that all the textures and spaces are available?

Here the addons are:

We are grateful for any help.

CU

Jack

I just send you a PM ;)

and I am French, thank you google translator :D