Sign in to follow this  
ladlon

Anybody make a full random session?

I've created a mini random mission thing in the editor.... with a single team (mine) randomly placed on the map, and the ambient combat and Secop modules... plus a Huey and A-10 standing by at the airport, that can be temporarily made to join my team so I can do a sort of airstrike and pickup support of sorts.

I've been playing the MyMission: Combat (Mission Wizard) mission, which is great, but I would love to change a few things... so now I'm looking at going back to the editor, but would have to learn how to code in all the various supports and stuff... which I would really rather not spend my time on if possible.

So, the obvious question.... Has anyone already created a RANDOM mission creator in the editor? Basically something where you are placed randomly on the island, the Secop and Ambient Combat modules running (unless you have something better coded), and all support options (airstrike, transport, medical, etc) are present.

Secop missions are not completely critical... as long as there's random enemies all over the map.

Figured I might just ask and save myself all the studying and coding....

BTW, sorry if this should be in the Editor section... Wasn't sure if you'd consider this a Mission or an Editor thing... kinda both, really.... But, since I'm not asking HOW to do it, I figured it should be in the 'premade user missions' section.

There is one called domination. It has random missions given to you and you get vehicles depending on the ones you do. It starts you on the same airfield though unless you have the one where it puts you on a carrier.

There is also one called Warfare Benny is the most popular one I think. BW(Benny warfare) starts two teams against each other and you both have HQ's that allow you to make other buildings like Airport,Barracks,Motor pool, etc. The more towns you take(AI held) the more money and supply points that allow you to upgrade. It's a fun game mode and you can even play by yourself.

There are other missions like the one you said above that uses the secops module that gives you random objectives and what not.

Hrmm... I heard the Domination name being thrown around. Didn't know it was a random thing. Cool. I'll look into those. Thanks!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95394

This one is pretty damn random and has a lot of different things going on. You start out solo but if you quickly find some friendlies you can recruit them. As an avid mission maker, this one really caught my eye. I'm trying to figure out what he did for a personal-use mission I'm making.

The mission is basically just a war raging around you as the player and there's a lot of side missions you can generate or you can just run around sabotaging and fighting to your hearts content.

Another really great one is Guerrilla War by MrN. His missions are always legendary and not to mention dynamic/random/what-have-you. Great fun overall!

River and Rock by TRexian is another great one.

Basically, there's plenty. :)

Cool. Okay, I grabbed the Flashpoint one.

I'll look for the Guerrilla War one as well.

Looked for the Domination one on Armaholic, but was confused by all the different versions. Is it Multiplayer only? If not, which version do I download? I'm running (currently) the vanilla install of Arma2.

Ya, not looking for anything too huge... Just me and my team wandering around, having to be careful, as enemies could be near... and the ability to use support stuff. That's all I need!

(The ability to edit it, too, would be great.... which is why I'm now going back to the editor, rather than staying in the Mission Wizard)

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Ooooo... Just checked out a YouTube vid for Guerrilla War by MrN.... That's looking pretty damn sweet.

There's some new (to me at least) stuff there... like the fast ropes, and seemingly new menu commands. Always good!....

Yep, i think thomsonb's Flashpoint missions are freakn awesome, i would just prefer to play the side i like playn.. it would be nice if there was an option to choose all your settings before hand, especially side... even down to unit and/or loadout. i did ask him a while back if it would/could be an option in the future and he did say he would look into it from memory... maybe a few more prods.. hint hint.:p

I always mention this but again it would be awesome for us single players if BIS gave us a totally configurable ACM module along with secops, thats all i play with my own hashed up copy/paste scripting :D i guess i should ask them directly, theres a thread somewhere i think.

Ya, that's how I started playing Arma2.... In the editor... Secop and Ambient Combat running... One team, with a HUGE random placement circle (size of island). A bit later, with the help of one of the other users here, I was able to add an A-10 and Huey that sat at the airport (not part of my team), and could be called in (as part of my team temporarily) via radio command. That way, I could do a sort of airstrike (since he was under my control for that moment), as well as have some transport. I could also dismiss them as well.

That all worked well, but when the Mission Wizard was pointed out to me (which had all that, plus the ability to use ALL support types... all already coded for me), I switched over. Been playing that ever since.... but, the inability to edit it much (different starting weapons, random insertion point, etc) was a bit of a letdown... So, now I'm looking at the editor again... and was hoping someone already coded a dynamic mission. Looks like I'm in luck!

Hey, Manzilla... If you're around, I tried running the Guerilla War: Panthera one, but it keeps CTD. I found that even the map itself causes a CTD (...I just downloaded the latest version).

Any theories on what might be causing that?

Nevermind... I think I'm on my way to getting things to work. It was that conflict between it and Duala.

Still a few issues happening, but it sounds like a new version is coming out today that fixes it.

UPDATE: Got Guerilla War working (after installing the required plugins... little birds, etc), and after just a few minutes of playing, I have one thing to say....

$^#@&@ BRILLIANT!!!

Beautiful map

Fantastic ambient life (guys wandering, vehicals on road)... Makes a HUGE difference.

Looks like the the missions, etc are great so far!

Great interface (getting missions, getting rides)!

Somebody give this guy(s) a medal!

Solid work!... and that's only after me playing a few minutes... just scratching the surface.

But that alone was a really enjoyable little session. Looking forward to more!

Thanks to all involved!

Edited by ladlon

You can search Cipher, it has pretty awesome randomness, though I'm not sure if it's up to date and might not even have an ACE version.

Most of my missions have randomness for re-playability but aren't completely random (objectives remain the same and at most change location, friendly forces stay the same, enemy forces are similar every time but in as unexpected positions as possible). If that works for you just look up my missions on these forums...

Regarding random/dynamic stuff "Cipher" should also be mentioned. (edit: Woops, overread the previous post, hehe)

And while Warfares are also mentioned I would like to point towards "Farm Wars" - an underdog and a very interesting RTS/FPS-hybrid in a very unique setting (Grow cows to sell meat to dominate Chernarus, hehe).

Dynamic rules!

Have fun!

Hey, Zothen and galzohar... Thanks for pointing me to Cypher. Looks cool. I've downloaded it, and will check it out sometime.

For those following along... Ya, Cypher is excellent. Currently my favorite.