Sign in to follow this  
Kiki

Persian Hammer

Can't wait for the coop version. Gonna have some fun with this I'm sure. :)

hi there

question..

do i need all the P85 addons from vilas?

or is everything needed in the second part of your download ??

you need all the p85 addons yes

By the way, here comes the coop version of the campaign:

Persian hammer campaign coop version

Hope it works

more multiplayer coop missions coming soon ;)

Edited by Kiki

Got it working now, will try it out and report back in a few hours probably with a mini-review :yay:

So far mate this is fucking great. The level layout needs a little polish (the first mission of the campaign was a night mission in chernarus that just ended abruptly, is this meant to be like that?) and the voice acting needs finishing because the voicing already is amazing. Other than that this is champion.

Yay for coop version. Can't wait to play dis.

Hurray!

Well done all, congrats on the release.

Hey, great Campaign man ^^ Real top notch. My only question is on the mission called 'Escape'. I've reached Alpha but nothing else is happening, it's just looping the same action and nothing new being assigned, this known bug or something you might suggest that may fix it?

--Edit Update--

Update! I did the fast forward X4 and the actions stops but the sound from the gunfire still is going off. ^^ Do think it is a bug after this

Edited by SigintArmA
Update

I got a ctd the second the intro video stops for that first mission in zargabad. it says something like error in the campaign structure. other then that, it has been a damn good campaign if buggy as hell. I had to use the endmission cheat once or twice, don't remember when, but at the same time, I was having enough fun where it didn't matter. nice work.

still the same problem arty stops and not gunsfire sound even with x4 but where are the two guys from the begining ? They disappeared. Are they supposed to follow the character ?

Hey, great Campaign man ^^ Real top notch. My only question is on the mission called 'Escape'. I've reached Alpha but nothing else is happening, it's just looping the same action and nothing new being assigned, this known bug or something you might suggest that may fix it?

--Edit Update--

Update! I did the fast forward X4 and the actions stops but the sound from the gunfire still is going off. ^^ Do think it is a bug after this

Yeah Im getting the same thing?

Was really enjoying this... shame it came to an abrupt halt with this problem.

Yeah, not getting past this point either. Also in the rescue before this, I had to use debugger tool to order pilot to stand up (pilote setUnitPos "UP") or he would be stuck, even if I tried some doStop false and doFollow commands before.

I'm getting a lot of error messages though. Many related to mission, but some may be related to addon and maybe conflicts with JSRS I use and/or my own addon and/or VopSound (it's a nasty mix, but needed to prevent rpt spam from JSRS).

As a perfectionist myself, I find a lot of insignificant issues that would have helped give it a more polished look. Voice acting for a user campaign is top notch though - very well done. The only thing that really bothered me is use of forced music (as sound, mono even) during parts of mission where I prefer high level of immersion. Music for me during those times kills that feeling completely (drum "track" during the stealth mission).

Just a little feedback.

Pretty good for v1.

I like a few of the effects you guys are using during the game. Like the slow mo pre battle fall with the A10 in the background. BIS should take a few cues from stuff like that. Good number of fun missions as well. Its smart to have the short missions structure, but there should have been a few missions that where a little bigger as well just to mix up the passing, I think.

The mid movies etc are really good.

The voice acting is okayish and does the job.

Wish more of the text was voiced so you could spend more time looking "out the window" at the new units etc instead of watching and reading the text.

The intro missions, even if the first one made no sense, had great passing in regards to a steady upwards curve.

Makes getting into the campaign more "accessible" in my eyes.

Enjoyed the mini RPG stuff. Still, I missed being able to talk to most people. Like going over to the guy kneeling, animated fixing a car tire.

"Talk to him" and he would just say something like "Why dosent this tire fit properly?!?". Totally irrelevant to the main objective, but similar to none characters in Final Fantasy games etc to make the world a bit more alive apart from just the current objective.

To skip a mission: hold left shift and num- for 3 sec. Then type ENDMISSION during the mission.

Mission Bugs:

Random order of what I remember:

-In the first heli mission the player chopper and another blackhawk crash into each other every time. Ironically when the speech character is saying; "dont feck this up..."

-During the laser sniper mission from the building the mission crashes the game once the BTR has come close to where the attacking infantry is. H append a few times for me before I skipped.

-The incoming art mission never ends when you reach the bunker.

-When the afghan civilian gets close to the Igla crate, btw the Warlord talks about Stingers, not Soviet Iglas, day is instantly turned into night and the helicopter just explodes in the air. The mission dosent end here ether.

-During the mission where Shepard is helping rebels free their friends the truck starts to drive to early, or the rebels are moving away before you get into the truck, or something like that. Also only one of the three hostages follows the AI team leader.

-On the first Zagraba city mission I too got a Campagin error which closes the game.

-Getting a picture error on the start up on some of the missions. On others the picture shows correctly.

-No offense, but most of the pre mission Notes "Diaries" should be re done because of too many errors. Nonsensical sentences, small letters after . etc. In their current state they dont really add anything and they are a big contrast to the ingame dialog, which is actually pretty okay.

-Warlord recording is a little to low, I think. Can hardly hear him.

-Some missions, like mission one which was very atmospheric, made no sense in regards to the story so far or how it ended... A bit more structure would probably have been good. Just like movies I think its some times just as well to cut a scene that just confuses people.

Music for me during those times kills that feeling completely (drum "track" during the stealth mission).

I actually felt the opposite. I thought that mission was really "Hidden and Dangerous" PC like because of that music.

My2Cent so far.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Having completed it over the past 2 days I would say that its good for a v1 of a campaign. Not many campaigns clock in at as many levels as you have here, albeit short ones.

The soundtrack was well done, especially the ambient battle sounds, they really worked well on the mission where you are fighting to take the oilfield from the takistani main force.

The voicing where it was done was good, but it needs to be finished as a whole.

I would agree with Jojo about the briefings. It needs a more detailed breifing at the start of missions if not to just set the scene of the situation because sometimes the missions are not clearly linked and you are just in a completely new place. The same goes for the ending of the missions, the debrief at the end only says fin1, it should maybe go into more detail about where you are now, whats going to happen now etc.

Just start digging into it, though haven't finished it, but I'm sure this gonna be the best non-official campaign this year.

can't get pass the mission where your base is being attacked by BMP's and u have to run to the bunker (alpha).

Get to Alpha...... but nothing happens. I stood in the bunker for a long time. the explosions stopped.... now all i hear is gun fire and I've been sitting there for like 20 mins and the mission doesn't continue.. is this a bug or have i missed something that i need to? do

It definitely has potential. Despite the first mission making no sense whatsoever the atmosphere was good with the lightning etc.

I feel it faded badly though. I hope Im not being seen as over critical but as the campaign progressed the bugs got worse leading me to lose interest.

I was captivated by the first few missions but after that the work on the missions just seemed shoddy.

This would be a great campaign for folk to work on just to give it that added polish.

I'm uploading a hotfix for the campaign, I'll post the link when it's done.

thanks all for your feedback

Here's the most important things in the changelog:

_Improved cutscene in the first mission "A strange meeting"

_End trigger in mission "escape" fixed

_Blackhawk that crash in mission "eagle wing" fixed

if you find other issues don't hesitate to report them !

_the US pilot is now coming with you in the mission "Save our souls"

Edited by Kiki

I got the same problem..hope it will be solved soon, looking forward to kontinue this campaign.

Thanks alot for all your effort on this:bounce3:

are u using any beta patches ??

if so turn them off.

it happened to me too, i turned off the beta patch and it worked.

choppers seem to have a hard time not crashing into something

with the last two beta's.