Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

A way to open someone elses .pbo mission in editor?

I'm trying to learn and I think the fastest way I can do that is to just load up some of the missions that do the same thing I want in the editor. Of course the missions are already PBO's, so is there a way I can open them in the editor?

Thanks! :)

Try the search button. You would be surprised what you can find if you look for it.

Oh wow! I didn't think it'd be possible to edit someone else's mission that was alreayd made into a .pbo. This is great, thanks!

Can you just view the files and scripts? Or can you actually unpack the pbo into its components and view the mission in the editor? (markers,triggers,modules and so on the map?)

Using CPBO and the like you can completely unpack

Place the whole unpacked folder into the location ArmA2 saves user created missions and you can fully open / edit as though you created it.

Best way to learn anything in ArmAII addon making or mission making is to study work by others.

But if you use scripts & chunks of code etc, make sure a) you have permission b) you give credit where due.

Can you just view the files and scripts? Or can you actually unpack the pbo into its components and view the mission in the editor? (markers,triggers,modules and so on the map?)

Unfortunately I could not get CPBO to work with Win7 64. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I couldn't figure it out to get the extract from windows shell option. So I went with Eliteness and it's working well.

A lot of people struggle with CPBO in Win7 64. I know I do. I now use DePBO, the interface isn't as nice, but it does work.

CPBO works fine with win7 x64, you just need to set the compatibility mode to "win XP SP3" and click the "run as administrator" option. I'm running czech windows so I'm not sure about the correct description of these options in english, but I think you'll figure it out. Probably only one of these should be enough, but you won't do anything wrong by selecting both of them.

Then simply double click the cpbo executable, and the context menu option wil appear as usual (and, yes, it works as well)