Sign in to follow this  
rifle22

ArmA 2 CTD

I got the game and then about a month later I tried opening it and at the main menu it just CTD. I checked forums for anything but no one seemed to have an answer or the same issue I have. I don't even get to play at all. It isn't a graphics card problem because I got a new one a little before I got the game and all my other games still work fine. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I noticed the game was fine in 1.0 execpt crappy graphics (which I think is normal for 1.0?) but I could at least play. Then when I went to 1.05 it started crashing at the main menu again. Windows just says "ArmA 2 has stopped working..." not much help there. HELP!

I had the same problem with 1.05.

It was apparently due to my USB micophone...

Don't ask me why but when I unplug it I have no CTD anymore and I can reproduce this problem every time I plug it.

So perhaps one of your USB periph is in conclict with arma 2 ?

Well I'll be damned that's it. Thanks so much. Did you have to get a new mic, or change the USB slot?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I can run it without a mic headset, then I can't hear or talk. Not really worth it. Is there a fix?

It's likely a driver conflict with Arma. I've heard of other people having the same issues when using Xbox controllers or joysticks.

Best bet would be to uninstall the drivers and attempt to remove them all then install the latest driver. If that doesn't work, see if you can find an older version of the drivers.

Is there a different way of fixing it? That seems like a lot of work.... I'm not a computer geek.

this is the 10th CTD-patch1.05 related thread i think.

NICE !

:clap:

I guess you have allready the solution, but if it helps someone :

I solve the problem by disactivating the sound card on "peripheral manager" (don't know if it's called this way in english).

USB micophones seems to not use the sound card.

No I can play but without sound, that's what I meant.

Would I have to buy a new headset or change some settings?

Sorry that it doesn't work for you, but to be precise I have disactivated those two things : "HD audio peripheral" and "Realtek audio HD" and the only thing left is my USB headset. With that, the sound still works and I can play arma 2 without CTDs.

So try to desactivate one by one each of the things related to audio in "peripheral manager" and try to find what is really necessary to get sound.

Rifle, I think what they're getting at is that it's likely a conflict between several audio sources.

What this means is that if your headphones have audio drivers built into them (and it's likely they do if they're USB) then you have to disable any other audio card/source, including built in audio like Realtek or AC97'.

If you don't have an audio card manually installed in your PCI or PCIe slots (usually creative soundblaster/x-fi, or something like that) then you can either :

-Go into BIOS and look for integrated Audio, AC97 audio, or realtek audio and disable it or;

-Go into device manager and look under "Sound, video and game controllers" and disable any audio device that isn't related to your headset audio drivers.

Google (or check your motherboard manual) to find out all the steps on how to do this if you need help.

As a side note, Windows 7 supports different audio devices active at one time, although it usually needs a default device specified. All other versions of windows suffer from more than one audio device and will have issues, so always make sure that only one device is present.

I disabled my Realtek HD and still doesn't work but I can't find the other one...

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I checked my audio devices and I didn't have any besides my USB headset H330...