Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

mystery space shuttle

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2010/04/23/starr.mystery.plane.cnn?hpt=C2

I mean sure goverments can have mystery hush hush projects in the closet or have had some in the past but come on that doesn't look like a military vehicle 2 me at all... :D

You can't have it white colored and expect your enemies to fear it?

But the secrecy might be that they don't want to attract attention from other countries spies or something like that?

There is a bigger and bigger competition about space tech between usa, russia, europe india and china going on and more countries are in the go in different areas.

Hmmmm ... must have missed all the prior news on this one *slaps himself*

Well .... I guess if you want a top secret satelite in space, having it launched with the normal shuttle wouldn't work well. Nothings too secret anymore there.

Thanks C84

Gnat;1614628'] Nothings too secret anymore there.

lol, it would seem that way considering CNN know pretty much everything.

As far as shooting down satellites they can probably do that from the ground.

Smooth landing for an unmanned aircraft though.

LOL, when I was researching this thing it seems the press tent was destroyed during a storm on a prior test flight... Meaning it wasn't covered, even though it had a full open press event...so now everyone thinks it's a top secret project.

How many mouth breathers can CNN stand in front of a camera to stand there with half-closed, heavily lidded eyes to ask pointed 'questions' about a secret aircraft that hasn't been secret for 10 years?

Maybe next time they should ask NASA about NASA Spacecraft. Their facts sheet, published in 2003, has all of the answers to the legitimate questions that those 'news personalities' were asking.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/background/facts/x37facts2.html

There's even contact information for their press relations dept in that sheet.

CNN winds me up so much. I can't believe it's allowed to exist.

Edited by Max Power

CNN winds me up so much. I can't believe it's allowed to exist.

The joys of free speech...

Its incredible that they're allowed to spout that bullshit, 5 seconds in google reveals budgetary info, 11 years of back story and all the other info you could ever want. I guess that doesnt make as good a news story as "ZOMG THE MUHLITARY ARE USING PLANES IN SPACE AND NOT TELLING ANYONES!!1!!1!!!11!!" :j:

Even if the US military is investing in spacecraft, I don't see any need for concern. Actually, military spacecraft would be pretty neat. Star wars comes to mind. :cool: