Sign in to follow this  
geloxo

Runways not visible

Hello,

I´m testing one custom map made by kinno and we have the following problem:

arma22010042413073558.th.jpg

arma22010042413074411.th.jpg

As you see the runways are not vissible till you are really close to the airport but the hangars are seen properly. In Utes or Chernarus the runways are visible from longer distances. Does anybody know how to avoid this problem? (before you ask, my graphic settings are set to 3000m). Indeed I also had this problem too when I started to play around with edition of another custom desert island and had not found any solution yet.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

I don't have a ton of experience with this sort of thing, but off the top of my head I'm thinking...

-No airport in the sat_lco overlay texture?

-Runway is a texture and not an object perhaps?

Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in here and give an absolute fix for your problem.

Unfortunately the runway segments fade out (early) compared with buildings.

Current process is to "draw" a runway onto you Sat map texture.

Thats how BIS do it. Thats how I did it for Sands

The tricky bit is getting it to line up properly .... or do the reverse. Draw it first, then lay the bits over it.

Which makes me wonder, can you alter the CONFIG of the runway bits such that they dont fade out so early?

I would think it possible. (thinking more)

Which makes me wonder, can you alter the CONFIG of the runway bits such that they dont fade out so early?

I would think it possible.

Good point Gnat!

I pondered the same thing a little while ago with the road parts - they do the same thing... haven't got around to looking further at the config tho... Probably IS worth investigating further...

B

Link does not work...

If those are Kju's Proper Trees, Structures, Vehicles etc .cpp files they do not work with Runways and Roads. Well they didn't worked for me.

Thanks a lot for the comments and suggestions. Indeed I already tried the PROPER mods but it seems runways are not affected by them even if the better solution could be that from a "logical" point of view. So, currently, the most feasable solution seems to be to work with Sat texture. I will give it a try :D

Cheers

Yup, draw it on sat_lco, we all do it =)

does that account for dirt runways too man? :rolleyes:

running this a little off topic maybe

but would you think the dirt runway would be lighter or darker compared to the dirt unused for the runway?? or...same color..

maybe check google earth for a dirt runway and copy that image in the best resolution you can get, then downsize it to what/where you need it placed.

Might want to also try changing the strip to dirt in the mask if you haven't already done that.