Sign in to follow this  
vini_lessa

Rainbow Six campaign in Rogue Spear!

For the old R6 fans out there, I would like to say there is a mod that ports the original Rainbow Six campaign to the game Rogue Spear, including intro movies, original music, layout, interface, etc. everuthing like the original (but with the expanded features of Rogue Spear!).

So, if you ever wanted to execute that 1st mission flawlessly and record in the end but couldnt (bcause the original had no "record replay" feature) or maybe you wanted to execute it in "watch"/commander mode, but also coulndt, now you can!

All you need to do is follow these steps..

1) Install Rogue Spear and Urban Operations

2) download the "Classic R6 original campaign" MOD from here

3) download the "Classic R6 Original Shell" MOD from here

Enjoy! ;)

(Im playing it right now and having a blast. And I dont see myself coming back to R6: Vegas anymore. )

For the old R6 fans out there, I would like to say there is a mod that ports the original Rainbow Six campaign to the game Rogue Spear, including intro movies, original music, layout, interface, etc. everuthing like the original (but with the expanded features of Rogue Spear!).

So, if you ever wanted to execute that 1st mission flawlessly and record in the end but couldnt (bcause the original had no "record replay" feature) or maybe you wanted to execute it in "watch"/commander mode, but also coulndt, now you can!

All you need to do is follow these steps..

1) Install Rogue Spear and Urban Operations

2) download the "Classic R6 original campaign" MOD from here

3) download the "Classic R6 Original Shell" MOD from here

Enjoy! ;)

(Im playing it right now and having a blast. And I dont see myself coming back to R6: Vegas anymore. )

Vegas is a far cry from what R6 was originally intended to be.

Raven Shield was the last decent one. Letdown was atrocious and Vegas is 'ok' I guess but it's a straight FPS and not a tactical shooter.

I might install Rogue Spear again for kicks. I just reinstalled H&D 2 and it's reminding me of how good these games are, especially compared with the schlock that is around these days.

I just reinstalled H&D 2 and it's reminding me of how good these games are, especially compared with the schlock that is around these days.

Hey, me too, just yesterday!:D The game is superb, it's a shame games like that are no longer made...

I only got Rogue Spear and Urban Operations but no black tron and Covert Ops

Hey, me too, just yesterday!:D The game is superb, it's a shame games like that are no longer made...

It used to be all about creativity and innovation. Now, with the exception of a few devs, it's all about the dollar and how quickly it can be made at the expense of everything else.

It's a real shame :(

I finished replaying Ghost Recon (+ Desert Siege & Island Thunder) yesterday with the Vympel mod. Was planning to install R6, Rogue Spear and Urban Ops next. Now I know what I'll be doing for the next few days ;) (hoping I can run both this and the Spetznatz mod together...)

GRITVympel_1s.jpg

GRITVympel_2s.jpg

GRITVympel_3s.jpg

Ancient news is ancient, but yes - a great mod for a great game. I miss the old days of Rogue Spear...

Vegas is a far cry from what R6 was originally intended to be.

All of the newer Ubisoft games are. Just look at Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Then compare them to Ghost Recon 1 and the original Splinter Cell.

I don't know what in the world happened to the developers, how can they butcher such classics? :(

Unfortunately, I cannot find these mods anywhere. What a shame. I had no idea this mod even existed. Can someone please re-upload them with the download links? I'll also re-upload them and post links as well.

Unfortunately, I cannot find these mods anywhere. What a shame. I had no idea this mod even existed. Can someone please re-upload them with the download links? I'll also re-upload them and post links as well.

I do have the R6 and EW on Rogue Spear in one of my hard drives need to look around on my backups if you are interested let me know

Thanks for the find, been playing R6-1 recently cannot get rogue spear working with that amd error, but heard there is a fix now so will try this mod out.

ps might have wanted to wack this in the games/gaming section bud :)

ps might have wanted to wack this in the games/gaming section bud :)

This thread predates that section ;)

@ratoa: I would love to see these mods hosted again!

There you go:

1. You need Rogue Spear

2. You need Urban Operations

3. Install R6 campaign first

4. Install Eagle Watch campaign second

R6 campaign on Rogue Spear DL link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ysjxqsb7zamat36

Eagle Watch campaign on Rogue Spear DL link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d8hx1w3aif7hz98

Now if you note that the files have an exe extension is because Bigbluesoul did an installer for the mod, already checked the files with my AV and so did Mediafire while I was uploading

Bigbluesoul site is at:

http://bigbluesoul.7host.com/index.asp?seccio=news

Sadly I'm missing the shells and the store/hospital remixed map but you can play the campaign perfectly fine without those

Edited by ratoa

@ratoa: I just got these the other day, but thanks!

I've uploaded both Rainbow Six and Eagle Watch missions for Rogue Spear, plus the shells for each. You can download them here:

ew_campaign_for_uo_v0-7.exe

ew_for_uo_shell.exe

r6_campaign_for_uo_v0-6.exe

r6_for_uo_shell.exe

Scaryfun of Legend's World was able to find them here. But don't assume that site will be up for ever. Actually, I just checked, they're currently down.

Note: The R6 campaign for UO does not have all the missions from the original game, at least not for me. Quite a few are missing. Maybe ratoa's copy is different.

@RainbowClassic

For the life of me I can't remember right now and I don't have old RS installed in my computer atm

But if you go to bigbluesoul and read the old news the info says 16 SP missions, you can see it yourself at the link below

http://bigbluesoul.7host.com/index.asp?seccio=news&page=13

btw I did manage to find the Store/Hospital remix map and I also found @War Black Hawk Down mod let me know if you want it

@ratoa:

When I installed the first time, I didn't rename the Classic Missions folder. But now that I've installed correctly all the missions are appearing. It's nice having all these classic looking maps. They even work for the other modes, like Terrorist Hunt and Lone Wolf.

Is the Store/Hospital remix map taken from Covert Ops? Sure, I'll take it. I don't know anything about the BHD mod, so a maybe on that. Thanks!

Many thanks for this finally got that fix for amd users been playing all week, did a short video to show this in action:

note: auto aim as I need some practice :)

I've noticed the mod maps are glitchy in places, like on the ladders. Also, on the first level of the original, there was global heartbeart sensors, and there was almost always tangos in the aids room. I guess those sort of things weren't integrated into the mod, lol.

Wasn't there in some of the addons for Rogue Spear four officially made classic missions? In urban ops or black thorn?

On a related note - I've been playing again through Raven Shield campaign to skip days till ArmA3 and surprisingly it's still quite good although not as complex as SWAT4. However it's a nice thing that BIS took clues about the adjustable stance system from it. It really does help especially considering how aimbotish AI in RS is.

Aimbotish is damn right, it's quite a joke. Uninstalled it. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Does anyone have "TakeDown for RS"?

The link to the file is also dead.:(

Does anyone have "TakeDown for RS"?

The link to the file is also dead.:(

Someone sent me a copy, Check your pm's.