Sign in to follow this  
poOBah.

What Is Wrong With This Game !!??

Hey has anyone having problems with keys not working in multiplayer, My escape key fails to work also Enter is my select key which fails also,. Its like my keyboard has memory problems but thats not the problem.. Is it possible you can get a game virus through downloading of maps? my problem feels kinda like that I dont know what else it could be..

Asus M2N-E SLi 4gig ram

AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 core 216.

Frustrating shit:confused:

Ummmm I think you should let me have your graphics card that's the problem :P.

Any who you have made sure your keyboard is pluged in nice a snug?.

is it a wireless keyboard or what?.

Weird. I've never heard of anything like your problem before. What happens if you map non-working keys to something else? Do they still refuse to work, or does that fix the problem?

Are you using any mods? Some mods can change certain keys, though I haven't heard of one changing something as important as the ESC key.

Is it possible you can get a game virus through downloading of maps?

What is a game virus?

Never seen this problem either. Also hard to get virus through the addons themselves i think. Just to let you know this isnt anything ive seen or heard among those i know.

is the game switching the keyboard language? shift+alt is default in win7 I think. I accidently switch between english/danish sometimes. rather annoying. although your problem sounds more crazy.

is it a legal copy?

I have had issues with my keyboard randomly typing Czech characters while playing ArmA 2.

Hey has anyone having problems with keys not working in multiplayer, My escape key fails to work also Enter is my select key which fails also

It happened to me something similar, after having closed by error a respawn dialog in a Warfare BE. What happens, is that you don't get the usual multiplayer menu (respawn, leave, restart, and so on...), and this situation forced me to do an Alt+F4.

I'll try in a BIS warfare and repro ad DH.

Strange, I've had that happen to me yesterday...(esc key not working). After restarting it all worked normal again. First time that happened though.

if you're keyboard is wireless, Then it may of lost signal, Ive had a lost signal many times, which is why i only ever stick to wired keyboard and mouse now

Like I said in first post and cannon said if its wireless check with a wired keyboard if not put the dongle/receiver in a usb extension on the desk not stuck around the back of the pc.

I had an issue like this before where all keys would stop working. Turns out (for some reason) it was related to running ArmA2 through Steam as a non-Steam game (for the overlay). Apparently it didn't like that, because I started running it normally and it's been fine since.

I have no mods,. I reinstalled the game still no luck.

ESC still doesnt work,. Still cant enter vehicles nor climb ladders. Have to ALT-F4 out of the frikkin game. I reinstalled my keyboard.

I got nothing else running but this game.

I enter maps but cant shoot.

My enter button has majically switched itself to a TAP of the scroll wheel for some reason.

When I load into a server I cant move it only allowes me to follow other players but not play,.

The only game i like to play is seriously Fkedup!

Have you tried with a regular keyboard? Maybe keyboard driver is the problem, a compatibility issue.

I have a G110.

Anyway I defaulted my settings,. After that my ESC key worked, I find it weird that ESC cant be changed it is a reserved key but yet it failed to work.. So I defaulted the keys then remapped them, they are working fine now, But for how long??

they are working fine now, But for how long??

Hard to say, as the source of your problem hasn't been properly identified. Normally everything should keep working, at least until something changes.

You could do a simple test:

1. Restart your computer.

2. Launch Arma2, join an MP game.

3. Test the keys.

If everything is still working as normal, you can assume that it will stay that way. If the keys stop working again even though you haven't changed any settings in Arma2, the only logical assumption is that the keyboard is the source of the problem. Like gulag said, possibly a compatibility issue.

I'll be back to Bitch and Moan if anything else arises lol.

:yay:This problem happens to me when I do steam overlay chat. I just have to restart ARMA2 for things to work normally again.