Sign in to follow this  
csj

Shaaark!

k it worked i put @shark for the name of the mod folder but when i did @SCJ_Shark for the name its worked thanks.

Edited by Falcos

wow...this is really an amazing addon, i tired to make somehting like this myself..i stoped in fear of being laughed out of the comunity but wow....alsome bro

tried the mission and its cool but when i place the shark in the editor myself it just bleeds and dies lol...im suffering from a lack of sleep so maybe thats what it is but what am i missing?

Brilliant :) Sharks haunt me in my dreams, I'm terrified and fascinated by them. That scene off Jaws where the head pops out of the boat is still a shocker, and there isn't even a shark in sight!

I played the test mission but had to switch it off when a huge Great White hoved into view and started munching on my shipmates.

I found it's much safer to sit on a boat and watch other people get eaten. Some of the death anims randomly look convincing when the sharks attack (people reaching for the sky before slipping into the water, fountains of blood and what looks like a red stained sea around them etc).

Really good stuff :) Only a couple of bits in Dead Space made me switch it off because I was creeped out, but this is really scary (especially in first person)!

I fired up the demo mission and got to the point we were all in the water... and immediately shut it down due to the sheer terror! All before seeing even a single shark. :p

Then after a bit I got up the courage and restarted the demo, made a b-line for land, and... was eaten alive in a terryfying fit of agony. Great work!

Maybe we'll see other dangerous see creatures?!? ;)

Edit:

One quick suggestion. No idea how hard this might be, but can you make the sharks submerge some of the time? As it stands currently (fins above surface and spraying water), you can keep track of the sharks fairly easily. Now on the other hand, if they were sometimes underwater, well then they could be lurking anywhere! :wow_o:

Edited by MadRussian

THAT IS GENIUS!

Love it. Ive just spent the last 2 hours "shark fishing" with 1000lb General Purpose bombs and a Typhoon. :D

Now if you could just animate the tail and script it to dive every once in a while it would be perfect!

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Was wondering if there was a simple way to deactivate the water surface spray... it would add at least for us who so much enjoy this addon a bit more excitement...

Please don't be offended, it just we would really like the silent less noticeable deathly attack.

Thanks for such genius jaw opening fun!

Mind

can this shark be killed that is the question!

can this shark be killed that is the question!

Didnt you watch Jaws? :D

Was wondering if there was a simple way to deactivate the water surface spray... it would add at least for us who so much enjoy this addon a bit more excitement...

I agree. I have been trying to disable the BIS water effect for a while.

I have changed the geo lod, memory lod points and searched A2 bin and cfgs,

finely gave up and just released it as is.

If someone knows howto disable the water effect - do tell please.

We can always add a bit of splash during the attack action.

I wonder if it will be like Crysis; swim too far out to sea and you are devoured by a shark, even though you are wearing a high-tech nanosuit, but I digress. :D

k it worked i put @shark for the name of the mod folder but when i did @SCJ_Shark for the name its worked thanks.

My friend, it doesnt matter what the mod folder name is. It can be @SHARK but inside that folder you need another folder called Addons (<< very important) and in this folder you put your addon files.

Glad you got it working though. :)

I agree. I have been trying to disable the BIS water effect for a while.

I have changed the geo lod, memory lod points and searched A2 bin and cfgs,

finely gave up and just released it as is.

If someone knows howto disable the water effect - do tell please.

We can always add a bit of splash during the attack action.

You gave up too early my friend.

Open my Submarine addon and look at the config. Its relatively simple.

BTW, cooool addon ! :yay:

Damn now i have to try that mission as well :)

I love the feeling of being hunted, it's always more terrifying than shockhorror, just the certainty of something coming after you.

Which coincidentally makes zombie movies all the more scary then your random house horror, even though you see them coming from miles away.

This addon rocks!!!!!!

I almost arrived to the shore while trying the demo mission, got to 55 meters when I was eaten alive

You should add a replacement animals module so it also spawns sharks when in the water

GOOD WORK!!!!!!

Love it, got to the shore safe and started hearing the others shouting one by one while being eaten alive. Only one other guy survived. Really awesome, next time I try changing the weather, heavy rain and high waves in the dark will make this just more dangerous experience

That's beautiful, thanks Gnat :yay:

No more wash, adds a lot more weight to the suspense. :lookaround:

I will get an update out soon.