Sign in to follow this  
JojoTheSlayer

VACbuilder Arma 2 profile.

Do you have a Voice Command that fixes that?

With my voice command profile you have a few ways of getting your troops to view somewhere.

You have:

...watch north, south, west etc

...watch position

...command watch

...scan horizon

...no target

Cancel target

With addition of some combo orders which put them in scan horizon.

There are no ways of resetting them back to default (spawned), where they sort of scan, but keep their aim at 12 oclock, but in armor that makes them actually more blind than observant tbh. "Cancel target" however puts everyone in "no target" and its a order I use often just to make sure no units are "locked" in targeting some half dead truck, infantry miles away or similar.

I dont think I can help you with your issue, but rather than trying to force the command system into something it dosent seemingly want to do you should rather think about what result you want. Doing it with keys takes allot of time, but when you are using voice commands everything becomes so much simpler and faster that you change the way you control your troops. Instead of trying to get your troops back to default, like I also wanted before VAC, you might find yourself always keeping the AI looking at the spot you think that the enemy is most likely to be because its suddenly so easy and fast to get them to watch anywhere. A decent tactic is having most on scan horizon and then tell them to watch the direction you want to attack when you get close to the enemy positions.

But there might be a way of manipulating the system to do what you want, but so far its unknown to me. Of the top of my head, if no target works for infantry, there isnt really a issue having a combo order that tells the armor unit to dismount, no target, and re mount. Only leaving you to re select the unit you want mounted with a team.

For example "Team Red Reset" or something:

(Mouse scroll, select units and position for troops.)

Bump

v303.

Whats new:

-------------

1. After playing the excellent Unsung Vietnam mod I realized that there where a need for a option to slow down commands if there where performance issues during missions, slower PCs etc. So now you can use a voice command to switch between a slightly slower and more stable on lower end fps ingame profile and the usual faster one. Both speeds contain all the same commands. (Select SLOW profile, Select FAST profile.)

Each profile is stand alone if you choose to only use one.

2. Added Ambush combo order. This works for All teams and Team X... It will put the infantry in Hold fire, Stop and get down. Leaving you to just tell them where to watch and when to open fire. Hopefully gaining superior fire and surprise on the spotted enemy.

3. Added Is Down tree for 1-12, All teams and Team X... Instantly removes units from the list. If they are not down they will report in and go back to the list. Its quicker than "report status", but basically does the same.

Minor updates to readmes.

* I welcome any feedback. :)

Hello Jojo,

I want to thank you for this great profile. It works like a charm.

I watched your videos and after that I bought the license of VAC, because I was so impressed with your videos.

It must have been a lot of work to create this profile. I am quite a new player to Arma and your profile makes it a lot easier to command my AI players around.

So again, I want to thank you for sharing your profile. :clap:

Edited by Parrotnut

Bump.

Download v304

Whats new:

-------------

++The main point of this update is to make it easier to play on CTI servers that dont allow spacebar or command hud. So...++

*Added a whole new set of orders to make it easier to control the ai troops on CTI missions that dont allow spacebar or command hud (tactical view).

Team 1-12+ orders.

Example:

Team two return to formation.

Team four move now

Team six get down.

*Added Armor and Infantry mode orders, with the Team 1-12 orders, that dont use tactical hud. Similar to Ambush and return now.

*Added direct targeting orders for 1-9 for all order types.

Example:

Two target four

Team blue target five

Team Six target two

HD Videos. v302-v304

-------------------------

Targeting.

x8DGA_en5yc

CTI orders.

CJEoA9zvpTc

Enjoy. Oh and thx for the comment Parrotnut :)

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

:yay:

Fantastic work JoJo!

Good quality package you have created for this (scenarios+vids), VAC should be paying you. :D

I just gave it a try tonight, its fun but I havent worked out all the kinks (selecting two might have issues due to my accent or something), but its been a blast.

:yay:

Fantastic work JoJo!

Good quality package you have created for this (scenarios+vids), VAC should be paying you. :D

I just gave it a try tonight, its fun but I havent worked out all the kinks (selecting two might have issues due to my accent or something), but its been a blast.

Thx :)

If you have a heavy accent maybe, but they should be balanced.

Over time the Windows voice software that VAC uses will understand your voice better as well.

If there are English words that you have a real issue with saying. For example "two" (2), where it might sound more like "too" or whatever. There is a free program called TextCrawler. With this program you can load in the xml file and replace for example the word "two" with something that is easier for Windows voice to understand in regards to how you say it.

For example the word eight (8) is easier understood by the program if its listening for "ate" instead. "ate get down" instead of "Eight get down" and so on.

Just put in what you want to change, then what you want it changed to and click a button. Takes less than a min.

I love this , this is just perfect and real handy , much much faster !!

all thanks to JojoTheSlayer that he mention it in a topic :p

so i bought the program !

JojoTheSlayer, I have strange little problem. Using VAC and your profile for OA.

When testing the mic in vacbuilder all work great, but when in the game some just to not seem to work. I defaulted the OA controls to use with your profile.

Question is, why does the CROUCH work, but not the STAND UP or GET UP or even the PRONE commands?

JojoTheSlayer, I have strange little problem. Using VAC and your profile for OA.

When testing the mic in vacbuilder all work great, but when in the game some just to not seem to work. I defaulted the OA controls to use with your profile.

Question is, why does the CROUCH work, but not the STAND UP or GET UP or even the PRONE commands?

Like I said before. You dont really need default key bindings for the AI commands, but anyway. If the main profile is having issues completing the commands when you successfully trigger a voice command its because you probably have to low fps while playing the game. The reason in this case some of the commands dont seem to work is because VAC is pressing the buttons faster than your ingame menus, with lower fps, can react to them.

The commands for AI to change stance is:

... Copy my stance"

... Get up / Stand up"

... Kneel down"

... Get down"

I recommend you try to import one of the slow profiles from the Slow folder in the zip file.

(Its this kind of issues its for.)

If you import the slow mirror file of the one you already have, thats the one you have already imported but also has the _SLOW.xml at the end, you can also use a voice command to switch between the two.

Voice commands

"Select SLOW profile"

"Select FAST profile"

------------------------

I love this , this is just perfect and real handy , much much faster !!

all thanks to JojoTheSlayer that he mention it in a topic :p

so i bought the program !

Nice to hear you like it :).

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Thanks JojoTheSlayer, I will check out the slower profile.

Once again awesome job Jojo. Just a few weeks ago i was mad i couldn't properly use your profile on some cti servers, it is flawless now! 10/10!

btw if anyone hasnt tried already, i recommend for teamspeak and vac at the same time:

- in VAC set the voicecommand activation key and put it on arm. atm i use enter.

- in Teamspeak, set up two hotkeys for switching the mic state and map them to the same key as your vac key. set one of them to push- and the other one to release button.

-> now in game, hold your key of choice for as long as you give voicecommands.

as a result you can have your mic open in teamspeak all the time while switching it off for the time you are given vac commands. i like that a lot because as GREAT as this mapping is, i don't want really want me and my robotic speech to be heard by anyone exept my AI ;-)

Once again awesome job Jojo. Just a few weeks ago i was mad i couldn't properly use your profile on some cti servers, it is flawless now! 10/10!

btw if anyone hasnt tried already, i recommend for teamspeak and vac at the same time:

- in VAC set the voicecommand activation key and put it on arm. atm i use enter.

- in Teamspeak, set up two hotkeys for switching the mic state and map them to the same key as your vac key. set one of them to push- and the other one to release button.

as a result you can have your mic open in teamspeak all the time while switching it off for the time you are given vac commands. i like that a lot because as GREAT as this mapping is, i don't want really want me and my robotic speech to be heard by anyone exept my AI ;-)

i you use ACRE , they don`t hear you all the time :yay:

i you use ACRE , they don`t hear you all the time :yay:

in sowiet russia, acre uses you. :cool:

Thx Mad Cheese.

I use push to talk for TS myself. In VAC I use the same TS button for the "Push to deactivate voice commands". That way when I "push to talk" on TS, VAC will stop listening for orders while the button is pressed, but your example is great of people that have voice activation on TS. :)

Thx :)

If you have a heavy accent maybe, but they should be balanced.

Over time the Windows voice software that VAC uses will understand your voice better as well.

If there are English words that you have a real issue with saying. For example "two" (2), where it might sound more like "too" or whatever. There is a free program called TextCrawler. With this program you can load in the xml file and replace for example the word "two" with something that is easier for Windows voice to understand in regards to how you say it.

For example the word eight (8) is easier understood by the program if its listening for "ate" instead. "ate get down" instead of "Eight get down" and so on.

Just put in what you want to change, then what you want it changed to and click a button. Takes less than a min.

Thanks!

I´ll give this a try on my next week off since I will have plenty of time to fiddle with it.

Here is a new update. v305.

This update is a response to the OA patch 1.59 which changed a few things in the command system.

It made some orders redundant, but also opened for other commands and gave me an excuse to add some new commands. :)

Download v305.

Whats New:

*Removed Team 6-12 orders on all profiles. Not needed anymore because of shift+F1 to F5 functions now selects teams Red(1) to White(5).

*Added directional orders to Ambush command. Both for Team X and Team 1-5. Usable directions: N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,NW.

Example "Team Red Ambush North" or "Team One Ambush North". The normal "Team Red Ambush" order still works.

*Added "Contact Front" order and direction to All teams, Team X, Team 1-5 and stand alone panic "Contact front" order.

Usable directions: N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,NW.

Example: "Team Red Contact Front", "Team Red Contact North West", "All teams Contact Front" or just "Contact Front" for all teams panic order.

Similar to Ambush, but without the "hold fire" order. Basically a order you use when you are ambushed or go into contact. :)

*Added Team Five orders for re-enforcement (OA 1.59). Similar to Reinforcement CTI chapter, but for servers which dont allow command hud/tactical view.

Example: "Team Five to Team One Armor mode" or "Team Five to Team Red Armor mode". Using the orders "Team White..." needs tactical hud like before.

*Added additional formation orders. "Formation +type" since the "All teams formation +type" is too long I think. "All teams formation..." still works.

Example: "Formation Column", "Formation Line", "Formation Vee"... etc.

*Added "Select team 1-5" to select team Red(1) to White(5).

*Updated "Change team X to team X", "1-12 to team X" etc orders to include Team 1-5. (1)Red,(2)Green, (3)Blue, (4)Yellow, (5)White.

Example: "Change team Red to team white", "Change team one to team five", "change one to team red", "change one to team one"... etc.

*Updated "Team X Return NOW" to include "Team 1-5 Return NOW".

*Added "Unit 1-12 move Now" orders to High Command. Works similar to other move now commands,but in HC mode.

(Not to be confused with command hud/tactical view).

*Added "Team 1-5 information" and "Team X information".

This order will give you a voice response on what color or number the team you are asking is.

Example: "Team Blue information". Response -Team Blue is team 3-

*Updated Readme.

More Info on...

Contact Front:

(X = Red, Green, Blue, Yellow or White)

(You can also add direction. Example: "Team Red Contact North" instead of none directional order "Team Red Contact Front".)

(Directions: N,NE,E,SE,E,SW,W,NW)

All teams Contact Front

Team X Contact Front

Team 1-5 Contact Front

Contact Front (panic order)

Contact Front or Contact "direction" commands are similar to Ambush, but without the hold fire command. This is useful when you are surprised and want your guys to get down, stop and shoot back. You can also use it similar to Ambush, but you want your guys to fire when they can. There is also a really short command for contact which is the panic order "Contact Front". This will select everyone and execute the order. This order does not use spacebar so it will work on none space bar servers if needed. Unlike "All teams..." series of orders.

Ambush:

(X = Red, Green, Blue, Yellow or White)

(You can now also add direction. Example: "Team Red Ambush North")

(Directions: N,NE,E,SE,E,SW,W,NW)

All teams Ambush

Team X Ambush

Team 1-5 Ambush

The ambush combo command or mode will set your, mainly infantry units, in Hold fire, Stop and tell them to hit the ground(prone). This is useful to quickly get your units to set up a ambush on a enemy you have spotted, but has not spotted you and works best if you already have your infantry in a line formation. Once the ambush order is complete you only have to tell all your units to watch the are the enemy is. With for example "watch position" or "watch N,NW,W,SW etc. After a short while your units will tell you, while in hold fire, that they are spotting enemies and are ready to fire. Once you are ready to attack you use the command, or similar, "All teams open fire", "Team red open fire" etc.

Note that some times if your AI friendlies are under fire, or spotted and being attacked in some way they may open fire before you give the command.So have that in mind while you wait for the enemy to get into the sweet kill zone.

As always I welcome any feedback. Have fun! :)

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Hey there,

i have a problem when i try to open vac. it gives me an "OneWayX.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered" error

i am running Windows 7 64bit and have Microsoft Speech 5.1 installed.

Can you help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by PurePassion

Hey there,

i have a problem when i try to open vac. it gives me an "OneWayX.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered" error

i am running Windows 7 64bit and have Microsoft Speech 5.1 installed.

Can you help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I have gotten the same question on YouTube as well, so I am guessing that is you. Like I said there, I think this is a problem best asked on the main VAC forum so Shift_E, the maker of VAC, can see it because he would know more about these kind of issues.

VAC Forum

The last response from the YouTube guy said he got the issue sorted, so if thats you, I am guessing you got it working. :)

yes it was me :)

and yes UAC was the key

so now it works.

and thanks for your answers ;)

Have just started using this and have to say its really awesome!! Massive boost to my playing performance and immersion!

One thing though... i have downloaded the 'mute own player' mod which allows you to select a 'silent' voice in the profile editor, so that your mic doesn't pick up what you have just said as your man repeats it, which is great.....

But is useless in MP as it is a mod that know one allows or cant be signed for on their servers.

Does anyone have a way around this or know of another technique to mute your player?

Thanks

Have just started using this and have to say its really awesome!! Massive boost to my playing performance and immersion!

One thing though... i have downloaded the 'mute own player' mod which allows you to select a 'silent' voice in the profile editor, so that your mic doesn't pick up what you have just said as your man repeats it, which is great.....

But is useless in MP as it is a mod that know one allows or cant be signed for on their servers.

Does anyone have a way around this or know of another technique to mute your player?

Thanks

Thx for the feedback. :)

Yes, I do know another way, but it only partially works and it has some drawbacks.

Go into the Esc menu.

*Select Audio options and set the Radio bar to zero. This will remove the sound the other units say which will cut down on reaction time a little, but reversed to what you want.

*You can also go into Game options and disable the Radio messages to remove the green text spam the units say, but that will also remove the "hint" you get when AI spots enemies.

I know its not what you really want, but thats the only midway thing I can think of other than playing on a server where keys (files that checks what mods you use) are not active and you can still use the mod.

I feared not but thanks for your reply!

Looking for servers that don't check keys is the way to go i reckon then :)

There was a mod released called GAMmute I think that disables your voice playback. That may help.

There was a mod released called GAMmute I think that disables your voice playback. That may help.

Thanks, i had a quick search for it but no luck. Im guessing it will just be like the mod i have though :)

Thanks, i had a quick search for it but no luck. Im guessing it will just be like the mod i have though :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119987

This is the link to it, I use it for voice activation in most situations this works really well, its the most recent and after a few before it, its the one that works the best overall.