Sign in to follow this  
acare84

Steam activation with retail serial please

Hi, I have retail version of ArmA 2 and I love Steam Service so much. I bought the game retail because it was cheaper than the Steam version. I read the FAQ and you said it will be TBA for Steam activation.

Is there any news about this? We retail owners of the game can activate the game on Steam in future? Thank you, I hope you will do this because Steam is so great with automatic updates and no DVD requriements. :)

Steam doesn't update to patch 1.05. Among numerous fixes, AH-64 and a new mini-campaign the said patch also removes the CD check for all versions.

I don't think if you have the retail version, because, steam has it's CD keys and the retail copies has the other CD keys, steam will only accept CD keys valid for steam.

Yes, it is not possible right now but what I am asking is it will be possible in future? Look at this, it is from ArmA 2 FAQ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75958

Q: Can we use our retail keys to register on Steam?

A: TBD, TBA

So maybe it will be possible in future. Epic Games did this with Unreal Tournament 3 and Relic did this with Dawn of War: Soulstorm so it is easy and doable.

Just copy+paste the ARMA2 icon from ur desktop (/wherever) into your steam games section. You'll be able to start it up with all the steam features such as chat+web etc.

Hope that's what you meant :p

As deadfast said, patch 1.05 removes the cd check.

most likely not going to happen because that step is very complex and expensive ...

for forseeable future keys will stay separated ...

Hi, I have retail version of ArmA 2 and I love Steam Service so much. I bought the game retail because it was cheaper than the Steam version. I read the FAQ and you said it will be TBA for Steam activation.

Is there any news about this? We retail owners of the game can activate the game on Steam in future? Thank you, I hope you will do this because Steam is so great with automatic updates and no DVD requriements. :)

No DVD required as of 1.05.