• Rainbow Six: Vegas & Vegas 2
    • Ghost Recon 1 & Desert Siege & Jungle Storm
    • Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2
    • SWAT 3 & 4
    • Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
    • ARMA 1 & 2
    • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    • Other..

The number of options for a poll is limited. You of all people should know that. :rolleyes:

one thing is very clear,IGI2 is most played game,if i ask any child who have computer that did he play IGI2 and answer is always yes.i have seen very much fan of IGI2,than ofp.

Well hostages are handled differently in Raven Shield and Rogue Spear as opposed to Swat 4, mainly because the terrorists in R6 are prone to execute hostages very quickly.

And i've never seen that happen before in Swat 4, perhaps once or twice did a suspect threaten a hostage with a gun but they wait so long before executing them that there's almost no danger of hostages dying, except maybe when you shoot them yourself.

However, in R6 you had best remain out of sight untill you are close enough to use a flashbang and get the hell in asap before the tango's have recovered enough to get an aim on a hostage, because they will be executed without mercy or a second thought.

And flashbangs are less effective in R6, so you'll have to act extremely fast.

Aside from OFP/ArmA/ArmA2, the most fun I ever had in a tactical shooter was had in Hidden & Dangerous 2. The MP connections were flaky, the missions were designed for 4-man teams, but the WW2 settings were perfect and the AI were suitably sneaky in managing to surprise you. Several times I've been terrified by the sight of a German soldier creeping around a corner that I was just about to creep around...

And, PvP was also a hoot. I particularly remember a tense cat & mouse game I was playing with a friend of mine, in a bombed-out town street. Creeping from room to room in partially destroyed buildings, ascending stairs holding your breath, dreading the accidental crunching of glass under your boot (which the other player could sometimes hear). Once I managed to find my friend in a room, he was watching out the second story window trying to snipe me down the street where he thought I was, I crept up behind him and placed my gun behind his head and pulled the trigger. *click* no ammo :D he heard it and turned around and shot me.

I always enjoyed the SWAT series more than R6. Mainly because R6 was so ridged to the plan. The ai simply could not adapt to any surprise. Even RS with breach commands did not work outside what was scripted. SWAT with a good voice control program was simply more flexible in a dynamic CQB environment. SWAT 4 improved everything over 3 except one critical area. They dropped material penitration. SWAT 3 was amazing in this regard and really punished a player that didn't understand cover vs concealment. SWAT 4 dropped this because it was to 'hard' for players it seemed.

Indeed, SWAT 3 had an awesome material penetration system.

I remember in the training map spending much time with those various material panels in the underground floor to test how each of them and combination of them would react to various kind of ammo.

Indeed, SWAT 3 had an awesome material penetration system.

I remember in the training map spending much time with those various material panels in the underground floor to test how each of them and combination of them would react to various kind of ammo.

Yeah, SWAT 3 was really good in that respect. It was really comprehensive.

And, PvP was also a hoot. I particularly remember a tense cat & mouse game I was playing with a friend of mine, in a bombed-out town street. Creeping from room to room in partially destroyed buildings, ascending stairs holding your breath, dreading the accidental crunching of glass under your boot (which the other player could sometimes hear). Once I managed to find my friend in a room, he was watching out the second story window trying to snipe me down the street where he thought I was, I crept up behind him and placed my gun behind his head and pulled the trigger. *click* no ammo :D he heard it and turned around and shot me.

Clint Eastwood moment.

Shoot a players hat off. As he walks down the road to reclaim it.....as he is just reaching out to pick it up again.....

Shoot it again so it bounces further down the road away from him.

Repeat this process until he hates you.

Original Ghost Recon for me, all the way. ;)

Nearly ten years after its release, its still one of the more realistic shooters around. I remembered taking cover behind a hill or a tree with my team wiped out; simply because I was suppressed by enemy light machine gun fire and too scared to move out into the open and get shot and killed. Now, if that's not fear, then I don't know what fear is. :D

1. OFP CWC

2. ArmA 1

3. ArmA 2

4. OFP 2 DR

Well look on the bright side everybody, at least he didn't say that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was more realistic than ArmA 2.

Does anyone know if there's something like "ironsights mod" for Swat4?

I found it for Raven shield, but it seems no one made it for Swat4.

Does anyone know if there's something like "ironsights mod" for Swat4?

I found it for Raven shield, but it seems no one made it for Swat4.

There was one for the expansion pack, but all it did was increase the zoom and put a 2D overlay. Not very good; I still don't understand why the developers didn't integrate ironsights into the game, would've made tense shootouts even more exciting.

Edited by Laqueesha

My choice was Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

Best game i ever enjoyed and played longer. Still play it nowadays.

After OFP will be ArmA2.

Edited by bravo 6
typo

This is absolutely and most definitely the exact same thread I found in the Battlefield Bad Company 2 UK forums...

And pretty much exactly the same result... I remember Arma getting 75% of the vote there too...

Battlefield Bad Company 2 UK forums.. Well most of the game listed here are way too old for the average guy you'll find there.

On the American forums, yes, this kinda of stuff would befuddle those people, but the UK forums are far more mature...

In general, most people on both forums complain about realism, yet ignore the fact that there are games that are plenty realistic and they don't need to change a game that is already made.

There was one for the expansion pack, but all it did was increase the zoom and put a 2D overlay. Not very good; I still don't understand why the developers didn't integrate ironsights into the game, would've made tense shootouts even more exciting.

The main problem with ironsights and optics is that no game has properly simulated both eyes open when shooting. It's bad enough in ArmA with it's medium to long range firefights having no real sight dynamics, but in a CQB game it wouldn't be fun at all.

Hey, great! You wouldn't happen to know what the mod is called, or even have a link to it? :o

ofp cwc ftw :) rainbow six and arma 1 and 2 are great tactical games too.

though choice there, I mean ghost recon are good and well Imo the latest rainbow six vegas games where pretty nice too maybe a but too short but great fun still in coop :)

i had very good times with rainbow six raven shield.soooooo fun.6 years have passed :(