Sign in to follow this  
MadMardigan409

Converting Nogovo To Arma II

good points there guys, I think it just makes more sense to leave the .pbo's in a @mod folder zipped up.

Ok, so currently malden and kolgujev have road network guide lines and forrest overlays. I'm redoing malden's terrain height right now then I'll move onto kolgujev and novoga.

I've already fixed the ultra high beaches on novoga so it should be a fairly easy job.

good points there guys, I think it just makes more sense to leave the .pbo's in a @mod folder zipped up.

Ok, so currently malden and kolgujev have road network guide lines and forrest overlays. I'm redoing malden's terrain height right now then I'll move onto kolgujev and novoga.

I've already fixed the ultra high beaches on novoga so it should be a fairly easy job.

Release some screenies once you reach some kind of new mile stone that we didnt see yet dude :smile: I cant wait to see some more of this, this is one of the most exiting projects I've seen in a long time, something that hasnt been done yet. Nice work :bounce3:

Also nice to see that after 7 years the OFP spirit still lives, getting a good pc to play BIS games is worth it to me more then getting a playstaion or xbox, anyway back on topic sorry guys. :blush:

^Agreed.

Also, 99% of mods/addons come as rar/7z/zip. If someone can't take a minute to figure out where a .pbo/@mod folder goes and how to run a mod by a shortcut or with with many very easy ArmA launchers available, then they can't play 99% of mods. Don't cater to 1%.

@OFPIE / Addons / ofpie.pbo & ofpie_[objects/anythingelse].pbo ...is all you need.

I couldent agree more, just write the installation instructions in to a read me file or a nice .pdf file with screenshots and also include the @Mod folder shortcut in the addon archive because sometimes I have trouble adding the "-Mod=@..." to the shortcut, it just doesnt work, then I copy and modify a shortcut that already works and it works (I guess more people might have this issue too), gotta love Microsoft Windows :biggrin:

Release some screenies once you reach some kind of new mile stone that we didnt see yet dude :smile: I cant wait to see some more of this, this is one of the most exiting projects I've seen in a long time, something that hasnt been done yet. Nice work :bounce3:

Also nice to see that after 7 years the OFP spirit still lives, getting a good pc to play BIS games is worth it to me more then getting a playstaion or xbox, anyway back on topic sorry guys. :blush:

I couldent agree more, just write the installation instructions in to a read me file or a nice .pdf file with screenshots and also include the @Mod folder shortcut in the addon archive because sometimes I have trouble adding the "-Mod=@..." to the shortcut, it just doesnt work, then I copy and modify a shortcut that already works and it works (I guess more people might have this issue too), gotta love Microsoft Windows :biggrin:

haha, thank you for the comment, I'll work on some info screens when I get some interesting stuff in there. The problem with this seems to be the million little adjustments I've made, it's even hard sometimes for me to keep track of all the changes.

I've completely rebuilt malden and I'm hand working the city areas to mesh better. Probably will take as much time as everon. I think kolgujev and novoga will run by quick, they seem to be pretty well tamed.

I'll work in a custom shortcutt for the dl, :)

Because there's an Alpha version available, no?

ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE This forum is for the release and subsequent discussion of addons/mods.

Only addons/mods which have content freely available for download should have threads in here.

Addons that are released in alpha/beta/final state are covered by this "Complete" forum.

So I just flew around in this, I'm definetly feeling it.

I like the new airport location for everon!

Can't freakin wait to see this when it's done :)

Cool thanks goss. Yeah you can host the addon if you like bud.

Just wondering if you guys are getting allot of screen lag over the ocean. I seem to stay steady at 80 fps over land but the sea drops to 30 fps for me on max view distance.

Edited by MadMardigan409

Yep, I'm also having this lag... Seems this is related to all the "lines & things" around the borders of the map... They're visible in editor.

hmmm, "lines and things"?

I think he's talking about the placeholders for road locations?

Well, no... I had on my mind all the gibberish around the actual map area that can be seen in mission editor. Just zoom out all the way... Or maybe it is only me having this?

the road guide lines are just an overlay on the sat lco file so I'm sure that isn't causing it. Goss, do you get screen lag over the ocean too?

Max, now you got me wondering lol. Are you talking about the terrain lines?

Damn, I'll show you on the screen...

EDIT: So, I can't take a screenshot right now... I'll try to do a photo of it...

EDIT2: Ok, I've got the photo... Take a look:

I'm talking about all that yellowish/greyish lines around actual terrain...

It looks I have a some addon conflicting... Though, I have similiar slowdown happening without addons...

EDIT: Looks like when the infinite terrain is enabled this island and this island only have some problems. Not happenning at any other island.

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1642700']Damn' date=' I'll show you on the screen...

EDIT: So, I can't take a screenshot right now... I'll try to do a photo of it...

EDIT2: Ok, I've got the photo... Take a look:

I'm talking about all that yellowish/greyish lines around actual terrain...[/s']

It looks I have a some addon conflicting... Though, I have similiar slowdown happening without addons...

aw, ok man. One of the things I havn't done with this alpha is link all the .cpp files. It just makes the binarizing process quicker. That maybe the reason for the addon conflict.

Where do you guys download the Alpha, the link is dead :sad: I was quietly and patiently waiting for the next Alpha but I can't take it anymore :biggrin:

Or is there another link that I oversaw?:icon_rolleyes:

uh whoops. Give me a couple days here, I'll get malden and kolgujev done and re-upload another alpha. I guess there's a limit on downloads for rapid share free accounts or something.

Edited:

The link in the first post is still good for the latest uploaded. There is more progress then that currently but it's just not enough for a upload I think. I'll get on this shiz.

the road guide lines are just an overlay on the sat lco file so I'm sure that isn't causing it. Goss, do you get screen lag over the ocean too?

Max, now you got me wondering lol. Are you talking about the terrain lines?

nah man, my fps is like 70 the entire time flying in an AV8b

uh whoops. Give me a couple days here, I'll get malden and kolgujev done and re-upload another alpha. I guess there's a limit on downloads for rapid share free accounts or something.

Edited:

The link in the first post is still good for the latest uploaded. There is more progress then that currently but it's just not enough for a upload I think. I'll get on this shiz.

Oh, thanks it works now :yay: I guess there was a problem with rapidshare it said the file was missing :j:, better use Mediafire www.medifire.com for next upload, no waiting and limited download speed like on RS :smile:

nah man, my fps is like 70 the entire time flying in an AV8b

Ok, I think it's my graphics card then. I'm using a ati 5770 so if anyone else has some ocean lag issues plz post up the graphics.

@ martin

Ok thanks bro, I'll try mediafire next time.

I'm running an NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX, and i get steady 15-25 on the whole map (I never get higher then 30 max during normal play, usually 10 or less on chernarus.)

I use this system:

AMD Phenom x3 2.5Ghz

2GB Ram

GeForce 250GT 1GB

Win 7

I have ~ 80 Fps troughout the whole map, no ocean issue. Some of you guys need to upgrade your video cards, AmrA 2 is very graphic intensive.

This looks promising, would be very good to accompany my wip Nogovan Light Infantry units :)

alrighty, I think it is just a low end graphics issue then.

@roadkill

Nice man, I'll put a promo link in the add for your addon when I start releasing the RC's.

I don't suffer the low FPS while flying over the ocean problems. I have a middle end machine but if I keep the Viewdistance under 6000 m I get very good FPS

Any updates worthy of mentioning, Madmardigan? I'm eager to see the sats you have created for malden, Nogova and Kolguyev.