Sign in to follow this  
SWT_Janowich

Damage model for static weapons

Hello people,

it often occured to me, that I would not be able to differ if

a static weapon such as an mortar is still intact, even from a close distance.

The darker tone is generally hard to spot, especially when

the static installation is in the shadow.

My improvement suggestion would be, to change to damage

model and "damagehide" the regarding parts.

What do you guys think?

I can see your point ive had previous experiences where ive run over to something, ie a tank, thinking it was my lucky day,only to get closer to find it un-usable. However i think i remember someone saying that a setting can be changed to improve this, though not perfect, acts as a work around.

Though i hope in future we see models such as tanks without turrets etc making it easier to distinguish between working and destroyed equipment.

How about tanks with bent turrets? I personally would love it if the Artillery and Mortars would get a damage model. Having them look normal but with the barrel slightly down is not a good way to go about doing that. How about having the end of the artillery barrel peeled back, as if it was spiked.

How about tanks with bent turrets? I personally would love it if the Artillery and Mortars would get a damage model. Having them look normal but with the barrel slightly down is not a good way to go about doing that. How about having the end of the artillery barrel peeled back, as if it was spiked.

Just have stuff like wheels fall off and the barrel slumped on the ground

I'm kind of split. Sometimes it would be convenient to see it. But I slipped on ice myself and slammed my rifle into some concrete stairs in the army. There was no visible damage, but I wasn't able to assemble the rifle. Meaning that damage causing a gun to be inoperative, doesn't have to be visible.

I guess ok for heavy damage, but not ok for less damage where you still wouldn't be able to enter the gun.