Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

yea i had same problem woodstock21 i changed my res and it fixed it but as for a fix you will have to see what Lennard dose

Hey! Your mod seems quite awesome, but I have a couple of questions...

1. When I'm trying to create Lieutenant 'Godfather' Ferrando, the game reports that it can't find a file called marine.pd3 or something. Do I need some additional files or addons?

2. Are you going to include Iraq army or insurgents to the mod or do the mission makers have to use third party mods?

awesome release bro, loved the series from HBO!.. Downloading!

Nice to hear this is out. Congrats on the release. I'll have to download it later.

gotta add some extra gif to it...next update will have all that fixed..oh wait i have the update done:)

Never enough gif...

Hey! Your mod seems quite awesome, but I have a couple of questions...

1. When I'm trying to create Lieutenant 'Godfather' Ferrando, the game reports that it can't find a file called marine.pd3 or something. Do I need some additional files or addons?

2. Are you going to include Iraq army or insurgents to the mod or do the mission makers have to use third party mods?

yea not all of the unit's where finished so some will not show up or they might give errors will have to wait for Lennard to do an update

"no"Iraq army or insurgents

thx for feedback

Edited by EMERY

Question for Lennard, are these unit models/textures final? There's still some more work to do, e.g. rank insignia on officers such as Fick and Ferrando, writings on Christeson's helmet, etc. Are there more units planned, such as units without MOPP gear, and MARPAT units, as in later episodes?

Some good reference pictures at this link: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Generation_Kill

Edited by Laqueesha

Also...About all the faces looking the same...Is that just me?

ya for sure i know that changing the screen rez would fix it, i know that when i created a mission in my intro i wanted a full screen pic on my rez

x = safeZoneX;
	   y = safeZoneY;
   	   w = safeZoneW;
  	   h = safeZoneH;

worked for it and force the smaller rez image to screach to the max screen size, i dunno if it help cause i have no ideas about gun configs

Question for Lennard, are these unit models/textures final? There's still some more work to do, e.g. rank insignia on officers such as Fick and Ferrando, writings on Christeson's helmet, etc. Are there more units planned, such as units without MOPP gear, and MARPAT units, as in later episodes?

Well no it's not the final as it's a beta release..

Those rank insignia and helmet writings should be possible but I won't do them simple because that would require a separate helmet texture for each of those guys. That wouldn't be good for the filesize and also I think it's a bit useless.

Bugs are noted and will be fixed and that's it.

And for the iraqi army, just saw an interesting post on armaholic.

Look at this.

I have to tell you, the map runs very nice on old computers. What settings you used on Visitor3? 40x40?

Though on 10000 m it is almost unplayable for old PCs.

I for one thing you are using too many clutter. The dry grass are too close to each other, it think it would look more natural if you reduce in general the common and average clutter and spread them among them, give more space among them.

edit1: You have to fix the irl Airport lines.. they are in the middle of the city map.

edit2: Bridges are not leveled, hope you guys turn it more realistic.. with hard work and patience this map will be very good! Have good potential.

Edited by bravo 6

The map is very nice, a problem I've had is AI drivers get confused of where to go.

Even in open terrain.

MAN O MAN!!! I love this map Thanks ebanks!!!! You guys are awesome I hope you guys stay at this project a while! I love it!:bounce3:

I have to tell you, the map runs very nice on old computers. What settings you used on Visitor3? 40x40?

Though on 10000 m it is almost unplayable for old PCs.

I for one thing you are using too many clutter. The dry grass are too close to each other, it think it would look more natural if you reduce in general the common and average clutter and spread them among them, give more space among them.

edit1: You have to fix the irl Airport lines.. they are in the middle of the city map.

edit2: Bridges are not leveled, hope you guys turn it more realistic.. with hard work and patience this map will be very good! Have good potential.

setting in visitor3 are 10x10km. Yeah the Airport lines i just haven't done yet:o but no worries it will probably be fixed today anyways.

Oh yeah clutter too! i think the same thing. I'm trying different values right now..but also trying to figure why it take clutter away from UTES even though I made my own class names or at least i think i did? and also gives UTES a very large desert island to the north:confused: oh well!...lol jk

Edited by ebanks129

Great work on the units and the map, Units are great looking and same for those humvee's, great job. Map for a beta is good but needs indeed more clutter and a more "Alive"feeling to it, but overall great for some MOUT actions or great place to play little Blackhawkdown.

But I did find some problems when playing and dont know if you already know these or not but did found out that large portion off the river are missing the surface texture(same like on Celle after expanding the landmass),Also had a CTD when I places a hmvv(50cal)and added 2 corporals in cargo,I was the driver.

This was just after testing the stuff out,need to do some more testing.

Nice stuff so far and cant wait for the update:D

Cya

Great work on the units and the map, Units are great looking and same for those humvee's, great job. Map for a beta is good but needs indeed more clutter and a more "Alive"feeling to it, but overall great for some MOUT actions or great place to play little Blackhawkdown.

But I did find some problems when playing and dont know if you already know these or not but did found out that large portion off the river are missing the surface texture(same like on Celle after expanding the landmass),Also had a CTD when I places a hmvv(50cal)and added 2 corporals in cargo,I was the driver.

This was just after testing the stuff out,need to do some more testing.

Nice stuff so far and cant wait for the update:D

Cya

I got you on the feeling lived in and alive feeling but im kinda worried as to if I place too much trash clutter/broken down cars objects and such if it will bring down FPS:confused: guess one way to find out is when i complete it:D

First off, awesome map with great potential 5 thumbs up!

Secondly, I found an object with some quite neat issues.

arma22010-06-1100-12-38-72.png

See these images on where to find it.

arma22010-06-1100-12-49-52.png

arma22010-06-1100-17-22-21.png

Edited by mrCurry

^^I think that has something to do with the IED objects pack, I had some issues like that on other maps. However, the problem went away when I restarted the map or Arma 2.

yea its been noted one or 2 of the objects are fubar will be fixed in next update

Nice MOD, and I watch the TV series twice, which shows the brutal side of war and those USA soldier's reflex on the essence of war. Anyway, still waiting for the update to tweak those bunch of bugs.

Could lead to intense CQB battles.

Or, AI driving blunders of Biblical proportions.

true, but even without vehicles. i wouldn't mind placing cars and objects down one of those streets just for theme

and if you're an insurgent, you can go up on roofs and fire down from the rooftops :D