Sign in to follow this  
_William

PlannedAssault web based mission builder

Hey fellas, I tried looking for more info, and did a search in the thread for "coop" and so far only had 1 hit and that was someone who was trying to play it in co-op and was suffering from crashes and requested some help. So far I didn't notice any responses, so I figured I'd ask if there is in fact a way to play these missions via co-op or a way to change the mission after its created so you can? Thanks for any info you can give. :)

When I go to play the mission I've created, it says it's read-only.

Why's this, what have I done wrong :(

Hey fellas, I tried looking for more info, and did a search in the thread for "coop" and so far only had 1 hit and that was someone who was trying to play it in co-op and was suffering from crashes and requested some help. So far I didn't notice any responses, so I figured I'd ask if there is in fact a way to play these missions via co-op or a way to change the mission after its created so you can? Thanks for any info you can give. :)

PlannedAssault generates "single player" missions. I'm not able to test coop missions at the moment, and don't have a good understanding of what is required for coop missions.

So I really appreciate your question and look forward to any answer that shows up here.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

When I go to play the mission I've created, it says it's read-only.

Why's this, what have I done wrong :(

Please provide me some more information:

- what OS

- where did you place the downloaded mission

- how did you attempt to play the mission

[/color]

Please provide me some more information:

- what OS

- where did you place the downloaded mission

- how did you attempt to play the mission

Windows XP SP3

I put it in -Arma 2 other profiles - usersaved

Then went onto the start up menu, selected missions and it wasn't there.

Have I put it in the wrong location?

Windows XP SP3

I put it in -Arma 2 other profiles - usersaved

Then went onto the start up menu, selected missions and it wasn't there.

Have I put it in the wrong location?

Put it in

Other Profiles > Missions > Then fire it up in the editor and save - Export the single missions > Load Scenarios on main menu it will be there.

Put it in

Other Profiles > Missions > Then fire it up in the editor and save - Export the single missions > Load Scenarios on main menu it will be there.

Thank you very much, sir.

Awesome tool, absolutely incredible. Thanks for providing it. Just one thing to ask really, are there any plans to make this a Downloadable application? Something about relying on a Site to create something always leaves me feeling abit cold. I personally would prefer to have the application to hand offline.

I'm having no luck with the Artillery and CAS Scripts generated by the site.

Setup:

MODs: ACE2, Mando

Map: Chernarus

West --> 1x 8 Person SF Team (ACEX), 4x 105mm Howitzer, 2x A-10, 2x AH64D

East --> 2x T-90 Platoon, 2x BTR Platoon

I can't get CAS or the artillery to work. I can see the Artillery requests on the 0-0 Radio commands but none of them work. I choose HE, WP or SADARM to fire near my position - and yes, it's beyond the 2.4km minimum - and nothing happens. The game announces the action via blue text and nothing happens despite the Shots Fired and Splash announcements. I don't see where the CAS commands are the for the Heli and A-10.

Is this because of Ace RC 1.1? Is it not supported yet?

I have the latest Mando beta, ACE2 RC 1.1, ArmA 1.05, Win7 x32. No other mods are running and it doesn't matter if I include the Auto XEH Mando PBO or not in the command line. Btw, Mando is working fine as the Javelin and Air assets all have it working.

Help!!

Edit: Also, even if I move to the first waypoint in order to generate the SADARM+CAS Attacks, nothing happens.

Edited by TonnyRat
More info

Tonny, your "CAS test" mission works for me. I plotted a HE mission close to the SF unit's start position and saw the HE impact 5s after the 'SPLASH' radio message. (SADARM missions may not show a visible result when armored targets are absent in the target area).

I tested with a recent ACE and Mando enabled.

CAS commands aren't available in the radio menu at this time but CAS missions will be triggered once your SF units reaches the forward assembly area.

Tonny, your "CAS test" mission works for me. I plotted a HE mission close to the SF unit's start position and saw the HE impact 5s after the 'SPLASH' radio message. (SADARM missions may not show a visible result when armored targets are absent in the target area).

CAS commands aren't available in the radio menu at this time but CAS missions will be triggered once your SF units reaches the forward assembly area.

Strange. I'm assuming you're referring to my mission.

I first tried placing the mission in the Documents/Other Profiles/Missions folder and running it through the editor with the Shift+Preview and regular Preview modes.

Doesn't work :(

Placed the mission in the Arma 2/missions folder and ran it through the Scenarios menu.

Doesn't work :(

My ArmA 2 command line is @ACE(and all of its components);@Mando. That's it. What could be causing this? I updated my ACE profiles and have had these types of scripts functional in other non-PlannedAssault single player missions in the past.

great work just test the fix that was some fast work

How do you 'plot' a HE mission? All I'm doing is selecting the HE Fire Mission from the 0-0 Radio and clicking a single position on the map. Is that what you mean by plotting or do I need to do something else?

How do you 'plot' a HE mission? All I'm doing is selecting the HE Fire Mission from the 0-0 Radio and clicking a single position on the map. Is that what you mean by plotting or do I need to do something else?

Correct, that should start an artillery mission. If you see a blue 'splash' text message, that's the standard Arma 2 artillery module letting you know it is successfully delivering the mission in 5s.

In case you don't see explosions, you might want to try creating a mission without ACE.

Also make sure to not select islands mods that you won't use for the mission (isladuala).

Correct, that should start an artillery mission. If you see a blue 'splash' text message, that's the standard Arma 2 artillery module letting you know it is successfully delivering the mission in 5s.

In case you don't see explosions, you might want to try creating a mission without ACE.

Also make sure to not select islands mods that you won't use for the mission (isladuala).

Sorry about the spam. I created a new mission with nothing but ACE2 as the mod and I think I found the source of the problem.

It is ACE2 1.1 RC. I tried the Arti_No_Mando mission with ACE2 1.1 RC and an older ACE2 1.0beta (which I have saved in a separate mod folder for the TG servers).

1.1.0.346, which was released yesterday, DOES NOT work. Ace Version 1.0.10.342 DOES work. Do you think that maybe the ACE devs added their own artillery module that is causing problems?

Edit: Just tried my older missions with all the mods I want used. Artillery works with ACE2 1.0.1.342, doesn't work with ACE2 1.1.0.346

Edited by TonnyRat
More info

I'm still getting 'this file is read only' when I try to play the mission through editor :|

FYI William. This was posted recently in the ACE2 thread that could be the source of the problem I was describing:

Does anyone know what the ACE2 Artillery Modules are all about? I don't see any documentation about it. I like it though, nice addition.

It's a fixed up BIS ARTY module, means resource error fixed, uses XEH, special artillery dialog which doesn't exist in the BIS module, uses ACE namespace for functions, ammo, etc, MLRS and BM21 ammo gets replaced... and so on.

Just a quick port because I got sick of that task icon error popping up.

And no, no documentation yet.

Xeno

Edited by TonnyRat

William, I have to say that this tool is pretty damn awesome. No quicker way to make some really fantastic and well set up battles.

I have a comment or 2 though that relates to the mission generation. The problem isn't with what you have done, rather its with BIS's AI.

The way you have the waypoints set after you form up for attack, you have all the units set to "combat" or danger. That would certainly be appropriate in reality since that's what they are about to do, however its better to leave them in aware mode because it takes forever to move from the form up point to the actual attack. This is becuase the AI perform the stupid bounding overwatch even though there's no contacts in sight. I think its unnecessary to set them to danger mode because they will switch to it upon contact. So its best to leave them in aware mode so they can cover a little ground.

Also it has the benefit of whenever they do auto switch to combat mode, if they don't see any enemies for a while (feels like an eternity but its probably about 4-5 minutes) they switch back to aware and continue movement.

Again great tool, but I don't know how much more I can use it without that being addressed.

Another update of PlannedAssault adding Quesh-Kibrul island and Stiltman's A-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft.

_a2_queshkibrul_combat.jpg_a2_queshkibrul_narrow.jpg_a2_sti_a10_green_shark.jpg

@TonnyRat: thanks for investigating and reporting the issue with ACE2 artillery. I've taken a look at the most recent ACE2 stable release (1.1.1.350), checked change logs and ran a test mission: a SADARM mission was performed successfully.

@nubbin77: 'aware' is already standard behavior for infantry after form-up (vehicles use 'combat'). I've checked a few missions (with and without ACE2) and made a tiny change to prevent infantry being in 'engage at will' red combatMode after form-up. Other than that, it is really an Arma II unit AI issue.

One thing I could do is offer mounted attacks which would keep the infantry mounted in their vehicles until inside RPG range (400m).

For next updates, I'll be working on:

- defensive counter-attacks when the defending force has the space and mobile combat units

- BWMod Bundeswehr units support

- ACEX PLA units support

Wrt Bundeswehr and PLA units, I'd appreciate some help.

The Bundeswehr mod enables extensive customization of unit markings (ranks, license plates, unit designations), and PlannedAssault can handle this quite well in the unit database and mission generation. What I need help on is information:

- what are correct Truppe, Gruppe and Zug compositions (weapons, ranks) for the different bataillons (Panzeraufklaerer, Jaeger, ..., usw).

- what are correct numbers for the Fuchs, Marder and Leopards?

German language information is fine.

For the PLA, I'm also in the dark with respect to squad, section and platoon compositions for infantry, mechanized and armored units. Info or pointers are appreciated.

Awesome stuff William! This is great for those of us who can't script :)

Would it be possible to add the 'Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps' Units by SchnapsdroSel -- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471 ?

They are ACE2 compatible and offer Taliban units in addition to some specific SF units. Really well made as I have used them in the SEAL Team SP Campaigns.

EDIT : Nvm fixed the issue i was having.

Wonderfull tool! Hoping for more mod(s) to be supported with it! :D

Edited by Syonco

Update : Bundeswehr units added..

_a2_bwmod_amidst_marders.jpg_a2_bwmod_unit_designations.jpg

BWMod team has done a really great job on the unit designations (custom textures for company and bataillon, along with unit symbol). I've attempted to recreate (using vehicle init scripts):

- 212 Panzergrenadierbataillon ("Augustdorf"), 3rd and 4th companies for the Marder 1A5 IFVs

- 203 Panzerbataillon ("Augustdorf"), 2nd company for the Leopard 2A6 tanks

- 6 Aufklärungsbataillon ("Eutin"), 3rd company for the Fuchs 1A6 IFVs

PLA units are coming up soon.

Thanks for the update William - I only just downloaded the BW Mod and finished testing the units, now i can put them to use!

As Mamba said, with the addition of French and now German forces, there are many more BLUFOR units than OPFOR.

Considering you've now added Quesh Kibrul, as another poster suggested maybe we could also do with some generic desert-based terrorist units? :)