Sign in to follow this  
_William

PlannedAssault web based mission builder

Interesting concept and kudos to William for sharing it!

/KC

Glad to see this make release, mate - congrats :) Looks like it's improved considerably since tests on OFPEC.

This looks indeed really great. At the moment it seems like you can't create missions, either for Arma1 or Arma2. No matter what game you choose you always get this message:

Oops!

An internal error was encountered when planning this mission for you!

The problem has been reported to the site administrator, who will look into the problem soon.

BTW: Any chance/plans to make some kind of offline tool out of this?

Jens

William - Looks like this is going to be absolutely amazing...

but, just (almost) worked through setting up my first test mission. Looks fantastic - interface is great - however when attempting to continue through from the 'review' section I get the following message:

'Oops!

An internal error was encountered when planning this mission for you!

The problem has been reported to the site administrator, who will look into the problem soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience. '

Haven't added it as bug at devheaven as it might be just a transitory server issue rather than something integral to the app -

Looks to be an amazing addition to the community's arsenal - and looking forward to playing through some PA missions.

-jc

Edited by -----jayjayc-----

Are people actually using this? When I logged in today with the account I eventually managed to get activated yesterday it said I'm not allowed to access my profile page, so no editing. :confused:

I get the same thing.

Oh, here's what the site says...

2010-04-15 Welcome at a system under pressure

It's really great to see this many people signing up and missions being created! At the same time, the server is having a hard time with the load. In order to free up server memory and make the server more responsive, I've disabled mission generation for Arma 1 for the time being. You're still able to edit Arma 1 missions, but you'll see an 'Internal Error' once you submit the mission for planning. Arma II mission generation should work fine.

For those of you that expect signup confirmation emails but haven't received one for more than two hours: the ISP hosting the PlannedAssault server might be blacklisted by your ISP as an email source. Please try to sign up using another email account. Gmail accounts reportedly work fine.

Hmm "Your not allowed to access that page". My own profile page cannot be entered.

I think the server was not prepared for this amount of interest in plannedassault...

Thanks for all these reactions. It seems I'm happier with the response than my server...

Thursday 15/4 afternoon CET the server became unresponsive due to running out of memory.

I've restarted the server 15/4 in the evening and disabled planning for Arma1 missions. Accidentally, Arma2 mission planning also got disabled.

This morning (16/4) Arma2 mission planning has been enabled again. Memory is being ordered...

This morning (16/4) Arma2 mission planning has been enabled again.

Not enabled for me. But i will ease the stress and wait for your update. :) Thanks for providing this service. Great work.

Tremendous effort!

Had a quick go yesterday and everything went smooth, took a while for the .pbo to get built but from a usability pov it´s most excellent!

Testing ingame revealed to me that some precautions have to made before designing the mission, in my scenario i had to walk for 20 minutes (infantry lameassing at every single bush) and by the time i arrived at the destinations there we´re only some stray enemies left. Tanks had arrived way before any unmounted element came even close, so all of them got toasted by AT. Also most of the town´s defenders were obviously killed in the mortar strike and CAS that opened the attack. When all the stray enemies were gone the mission still didn´t end, but i knew it was due to the east arty element i had put some hundred meters outside of town - i advanced towards it and to my great amazement, got owned by a russian MLRS with 100m direct fire :p

Hi all what was the verdict after you register and still not getting an email i have checked me spam older etc I am getting nothing have done it 3 times now.

BTW looks good :)

Seems I cant find any links for the actual program even when registered says something about beta testers but it also seems that a few people can use it as posted in this thread. Any help would be appreciated as it seems like a fantastic program.

I tried to sign up to test it, but the confirmation email never arrives. So I can't login. What do I wrong?

Same :(

Goodness me, I've just realised why the name William van der Sterren sounded familiar to me. I remember your Computer Generated Forces for AQ2. Computer gaming has come a long way in a decade but you've obviously continued your interest in AI problem solving, good job! Google reveals a mirror is still up; CGF for Action Quake 2, well worth a peruse people, especially knowing what William has gone on to create here.

Hi all im still not getting an email with the registration details ive looked in me spam folder etc no luck.

cheers

the potential of this is endless. i hope when things are smoth and running you start adding features and mod compability (like R3F arty, new units, more maps, more types of actions like delaying or withdrawal or whatever).

Just wow! Gonna test my first mission!

Everything went smooth for me, registering all the way to have the mission on the desktop. Gonna try this now.

Amazing! Thanks!