Sign in to follow this  
_William

PlannedAssault web based mission builder

PlannedAssault, a web based mission generator for Arma2: Combined Operations, Arma 2 and Arma

Don't know how to create single player missions with air assaults, multi-pronged armored attacks, or defense supported by artillery fire and CAS? Why not try the PlannedAssault mission generator?

PlannedAssault allows you to pick terrain and units in your browser, then plans a large scale combined arms battle, turns this into a single player mission, and offers this as a mission for you to download and play.

pa__mission_review.jpg

PlannedAssault lets you:

+ pick pre-configured squads and platoons from the ArmA / Arma II game and mods

+ place platoons and objectives on the map

+ define the situation and story

+ wait a bit for the mission to be generated...

+ download your mission, and finally

+ experience large scale combined arms maneuvers from both friendly and hostile troops, including air assaults, flanking maneuvers, counter attacks, air support and artillery missions

Behind the screens, PlannedAssaults takes care the Arma mission creation technicalities (waypoints, triggers, mission end conditions, synchronization, briefing, tasks, modules, team switching).

It also comes up with plans for all units, so there's no need for you to command friendly troops or tell enemy troops what to do.

When applicable, PlannedAssault will coordinate air landings, artillery, close air support, armor, AA and infantry into combined arms attack or defense.

If you like large scale battles involving your favorite units, and want to test your skills as tank gunner, a forward observer, a gunship pilot, register a free account at plannedassault.com and give it a go.

These three Youtube videos show mission editing in your web browser and the resulting mission in the game. The videos cover mission creation, troop transport and air assaults respectively.

qVo39PaQQuU

B1He16_CGQg

ybTYkQuT4So

In April 2011, PlannedAssault has been running for more than one year non-stop, generated over 5000 unique missions. It now supports units and maps from over 180 add-ons (Arma2:CO + Arma2:OA + Arma2 + Arma combined).

During that time (and during the earlier beta), PlannedAssault has been updated with features, additional units and maps, tweaks and fixes on a bi-weekly schedule.

The technicalities of the PlannedAssault's mission planner have been presented at the Paris Game AI conference 2009 and at a dutch defense research institute late 2010).

William

Edited by _William
clean up initial post

Wow... Seems very nice. Bit much text for me at this time of night but i can appreciate the grand-ness of this. :)

Can this be used now or is it only for beta testers as i read on the site? Thaught it might be ready for the masses posted in this thread (complete addons). Im just tired - off to bed but had to read through what my brain could take in as it looks very imressive.

Keep it up!

0utstanding! I really appreaciate work you have put in this.

Fan-bloody-tastic !

Will try this out tomorrow morning when I get up !

Couldnt resist trying this out immediately. My GOD its impressive! Have just played through my first, extremely hastily thrown together mission but even that had an incredible and believable atmosphere I rarely find in missions. It really did feel like being part of a large battle where both sides had a clear plan and I was caught in the middle. I was absolutely gobsmacked when the OPFOR AI called in a fire mission on the centre of the village I was defending prior to their assault, even more so when a BLUFOR squad commander called in some IDF on an enemy position on a ridge. I can't wait to delve into this deeper.

One possible fly in the ointment - the AI artillery seemed outrageously acurate, taking out two LAV-25's with one short barrage from a single D30. I'll check again though as it might have been a BMP that got round a flank and was in direct fire (the LAV-25's didn't so mutch as twitch so I suspect it was IDF).

For those interested I was running ACE2 and ZEUS AI (turned of GL4 though as I was pretty sure it would interfere with AI carrying out the plan).

If some British Forces become available in the future i'll be as happy as a pig in the proverbial!

_William i've been playing since OFP was first out and I honestly think this rates as one of the probable greats the community has delivered to us. In particular for those people who struggle in the editor it will be gold dust. Congratulations, thankyou and I look forward to this developing further in the future.

Really surprising tool!

I got tired of the infantry only missions, made for ArmA II. This tool allows combined arms scenarios, like it should be. Will definitely try it out.

I like it.

Good work and a great idea:)

I tried to sign up to test it, but the confirmation email never arrives. So I can't login. What do I wrong?

I just tried it again. It seems that the user name had to be a certain number of characters. Try that again with a longer user name.

EDIT: Is there a plan to integrate more units into this brilliant tool ?

Edited by Kremator

never immagined a conversion tool like this, pretty bad ass.

Very sweet. Iirc this is Ruby/Rails right? Love it :)

:butbut:

:yay::yay::yay:

no other words.

congratulations for this beatiful tool

I love it. Will it be possible to, in the future:

1 - Use the Independent faction?

2 - Use all or most of Chernarus?

3 - Use other Islands?

4 - Increase the amount of units per side?

I'm not asking or demanding they be put in, I'm simply curious about the plans for this amazing tool.

Ummm?...

I must be dreaming again bout that cool editor BIS are gonna give us!?

This ones out of left field? if this is what i think it is then im thinking your gonna give me back 3 - 4 hours a night of my life... thanks :D

Edited by Katipo66

Thanks William!

This should make "self-made" missions full of surprices again :) Just made a mission successfully and downloaded... will try it when home.

I don't get it, I've tried to register several times with varying name/e-mail/password and never get an activation e-mail, what's the trick?

I don't get it, I've tried to register several times with varying name/e-mail/password and never get an activation e-mail, what's the trick?

Same here I tried different names, passwords and even created extra new different email accounts.

William please check, there is something wrong with the registration!

Defunkt: What email service did you register?

I used a few combinations also. My gmail address worked (and I used a longer username).

I saw this on dev-heaven a few months ago and really looked forward to this being released. I'll be sure to try it out later today.

:bounce3:

Googlemail worked for me. Hotmail didn't (but it could have been because of the longer username too!)

Yep, hotmail and one other didn't work but gmail did, I'm in. The username that did work was 7 characters long but I'd tried a variety of lengths previously, I think it's the e-mail.

For those not recieving Emails, mine got sent to my spam inbox. I would assume some other service providers block such messages?