Sign in to follow this  
Nicolai

Shortcut target line too short?

Hi all,

To launch Arma2 with all my addons I usually use SpiritedMachine's game launcher. But now I need to use a shortcut to launch the game and I encounter a problem. The target line is too short, when I want to type more than 260 letters it won't let me :p

Anyone else encounter this problem?

My full target line would be:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@gl4;@zcommon_ace;@slx_lite;@mma;@mma_xeh;@jtd;@landtex;@warfxparticles;@sakulightfx;@vftcas;@hifi_ace;@hifi_air;@hifi_sfx;@hifi_vehicle_weapons;@hifi_weapons_long;@celle;@duala;@panthera;@usarmy;@terrorists;@terroristvehicles;@f16;@queshkibrul;@klurs_a1;@podagorsk;@sap;@supercougar;@f16nl;@rteditor;@razoreniya;@vehiclesretex;@aiaktalik;@iraqsaddam;@jtdcars;@iedpack;@thirsk;@wintc;@b52;@f14;@f4;@mraps;@a10;@adhelos;@gdt;@gravelroadspeed;@f15

thanks in advance,

Nicolai

@thirsk;@wintc;@b52;@f14;@f4;@mraps;@a10;@adhelos;@gravelroadspeed;@f15;@razoreniya;@vehiclesretex;@aiaktalik;@iraqsaddam;@queshkibrul;@klurs_a1;@podagorsk;@sap;@supercougar;@f16nl;@duala;@panthera;@usarmy;@terrorists;@terroristvehicles;@f16;@celle

and probably a few others can be deleted and turned into 2 or 3 folders. All islands into 1 folder, misc vehicles etc. into another, all FFAA addons into an FFAA folder etc. You should be able to shrink that line by quite alot.

and probably a few others can be deleted and turned into 2 or 3 folders. All islands into 1 folder, misc vehicles etc. into another, all FFAA addons into an FFAA folder etc. You should be able to shrink that line by quite alot.

yes exactly, since ofp i have mod folders @car, @men, @island, @tank etc and @misk for addons I need more such as cba and weapon-packs etc. :)

I think you can make your target line in like notepad and then copy/paste it into the shorcuts target line!

I think you can make your target line in like notepad and then copy/paste it into the shorcuts target line!

That doesn't work, but I'll try the combined modfolders method.

Thanks!

Nicolai

That doesn't work, but I'll try the combined modfolders method.

Thanks!

Nicolai

The way I launch the game with all my selected addons is by using a BATCH (.BAT) file.

Copy your whole target line into notepad or some other form of text editor and then save it as "[something].bat". Then just run the file to launch your game with the parameters you chose. ;)

The way I launch the game with all my selected addons is by using a BATCH (.BAT) file.

Copy your whole target line into notepad or some other form of text editor and then save it as "[something].bat". Then just run the file to launch your game with the parameters you chose. ;)

This is my favorite way when the target line exceeds the limit. You can just save as All files 'whatever'.bat