oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Just a heads up, the latest @okt_NoBlurBeta beta is no longer compatible with the latest arrowhead beta (89223) released today.

That's probably because of the implementation of SMAA.

That's probably because of the implementation of SMAA.

So you guys are reporting that the noblur no longer works? (provided you use the right version, and i've released it)

That's odd, because I swear I just used it the other night with 89162 or 89096.

Oh I just read some of the earlier posts I missed, bloody bastards added another shader for that eh. I was using LOW because my computer struggles pushing 3600x1920 pixels. Well I can nuke any shaders I think, if that's what the consensus is.

If that's the case, I'll look into it, let me know.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

What about CRcti Proman?

And thank you for showing me this again. Played a version of it in ArmA1 and it was horrid, now it's fantastic!

Edited by oktane

guys does this solve your problem, adjusting this:

[89201] New: SMAA introduced, use PPAA=3, PPAALevel=0..3 in Arma2OA.cfg.

I still haven't gotten a chance to look at anything or see what is wrong.

I think you'll find it's down to the current beta including its own DTA\bin.pbo and the (presumed) fact that the new -beta=Expansion\Beta;Expansion\Beta\Expansion include loads after -mod= so the modded bin.pbo is superceded. If you go back to including the beta addon folders as the first part of -mod= it should work (hence why people are reporting different behaviours).

Latest noblur beta is working fine for me now with the latest Arma 2 beta (89223). When I reported an issue it was before noblur was updated.

I think you'll find it's down to the current beta including its own DTA\bin.pbo and the (presumed) fact that the new -beta=Expansion\Beta;Expansion\Beta\Expansion include loads after -mod= so the modded bin.pbo is superceded. If you go back to including the beta addon folders as the first part of -mod= it should work (hence why people are reporting different behaviours).

so you mean that using the -beta switch makes this mod not to work anymore, while using the standard -mod switch with beta content as the first part makes it still work?

I am currently using a launcher and set the beta content as first priority mod to be loaded, since it's a dated release I guess it still uses the -mod switch for betas?

Latest noblur beta is working fine for me now with the latest Arma 2 beta (89223). When I reported an issue it was before noblur was updated.

FYI, the noblur being out of date needn't be reported unless it's been a long time or something else is wrong. I get beta update emails and run the build process every time I see em. At the same time, I get reply notifications to this thread in the same way, so in the end it won't make it go any faster since the delay is in me getting to the computer to check email. :D Sometimes it can be two days if it's on the weekend or something.

:beeeers:

if you say that it is incompatible, that tends to make me think that something went tits up or pear shaped, rather than me being slow, lol. Please have patience though, it will go faster when it's automatic again. (although I wish my computer didn't have to be on)

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Thank you defunkt, that makes perfect sense. I take it you had the same issue with your mod pack that makes changes to the game configuration eh.

Others: noBlur should always be loaded after the beta of course, since it's bin.pbo needs to supercede the beta's. (this is how it overrides the shaders) If this means not using the -beta switch and going back to the old way of -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion then so be it.

If someone has BIS's ear, please ask for a rotationBlur=0,1 config entry in arma2.cfg, similar to the SMAA command I noted above. We've been asking for 2 or 3 years now, and it's not like they don't care about what the community wants (quite the opposite!) but I still don't think they have any idea that many people have an issue with it. The addition of the config paramater would eliminate the need for this mod completely, and no more dumb beta updates, mismatched version problems, etc.

I am quite ashamed that dumb ragdolls (that are on par with

) get so much traction, fake stealth gameplay by changing uniforms and looking like it's just setting 'player setcaptive true', new shader additions that were not exactly requested en-mass by the community (SSAO, SMAA, etc) while small easy to implement issues like blur, bloom and such are ignored, and the official solution is still 'use very low' setting which disables everything great about the shaders. It's very hard to get them to deviate and commit resources to fix existing things which they don't deem as an issue, like this. Edited by oktane

Yes, the other way, perhaps closer to the intended precedence might be to try removing it from -mod= and instead use -beta=Expansion\Beta;Expansion\Beta\Expansion;@NOBLUR (I haven't tried this).

Yes, the other way, perhaps closer to the intended precedence might be to try removing it from -mod= and instead use -beta=Expansion\Beta;Expansion\Beta\Expansion;@NOBLUR (I haven't tried this).

Not this way, but other way around:

-beta=@OktNoBlurBeta;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

With noblur first in the -beta line, it gets loaded last (thus overriding beta pbo). Confirmed works and leaves the built-in Expansion menu working, unlike placing Beta in the old method of -mod.

Confirmed just now - it works, though I haven't tested if it breaks things with the beta or not, I tested just noblur functionality if loaded that way.

So the last things in the -mod and -beta switches are loaded first, and the first things are loaded last?

In the game's main screen, mod tags can be seen in low left and mod names in up right. Their order (left to right, and up down) goes by the mod that has been loaded first, or by the mod that has been loaded last?

Edited by folgore_airborne

Probably a dev from BIS would have to confirm the way it is. We could ask in a beta thread.

But if I put Noblur in -beta, when it is first (before \expansion\beta\...), it works and shows at the bottom of the list. If I put it last (after \expansion\beta\...), it does not work, and beta shows at the bottom of the list.

So from the simple test, I would guess yes, the bottom most mod in the main screen is the last one loaded. I am not sure if the same works for -mod option though.

Ok, from what I've seen I can confirm what you say. The righmost or bottom tag or name in the homescreen is the last to be loaded.

The reverse loading order seems to be in effect only for the -beta switch, not for the -mod one. Also, -beta one seems to be loaded after -mod even if it comes first in the target line. So we can assume this:

1. If only the -beta switch is used, @okt must be put before \expansion\beta\. I.E. -beta=@okt;Expansion\beta...

2. If only the -mod switch is used (even for \expansion\beta\ content), then @okt must be put last, and anyway after the beta stuff. I.E. -mod=m1;m2;Expansion\beta...;@okt

3. If both switches are used, @okt must be put before \expansion\beta\ in the -beta switch. I.E. -beta=@okt;Expansion\beta... -mod=m1;m2...

This is what I can say, if someone else can deny\confirm this we can finally solve this dilemma! :D

Edited by folgore_airborne

The -beta switch perhaps works in reverse but the -mod switch afaik still works from left to right, right mod loaded last, getting the higher prio.

The -beta switch perhaps works in reverse but the -mod switch afaik still works from left to right, right mod loaded last, getting the higher prio.

I thought it was partially influenced by the different requiredAddons sections within each mod. I'm sure I read that more than once. I thought the general consensus was that addons loading order was never completely understood/defined, but the rule of thumb was, in fact, left-most addons supersede the rest.

I thought it was partially influenced by the different requiredAddons sections within each mod. I'm sure I read that more than once. I thought the general consensus was that addons loading order was never completely understood/defined, but the rule of thumb was, in fact, left-most addons supersede the rest.

Indeed requiredAddons determines most of the actual load order, but in case of overriding configs or same pboprefix, afaik the mods right-most supersedes.

I use this test to confirm my findings: http://www.pastie.org/3384011

The results differ, once the addons get a unique pboprefix, then, regardless of equal or different CfgPatches name, always Test2 supersedes, shown in the last 2 entries of the pastie, but this is without requiredAddons playing a role.

Edited by Sickboy

Damn it. The subscription digest on this forum only work when it wants, every time I come and visit this thread there are new posts that I haven't seen. I saw the new beta email today and just processed it. It seems important considering the RPT write slowdowns. (Although, shouldn't they make their debug RPT output subroutine a little less blocking or less performance loss?? I know, talking to air here. :P)

Here it is: http://506.jestservers.com/scripts/oktane/noblur/for_OA_beta_builds/okt_noBlur_OA_beta_92209.7z

Changelog:

[92071] Changed: Observer RPT messages now once per 60 sec, https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29985

[92061] Fixed: AtoC on nVidia for CSAA

[92059] PPAA pars tweak & SMAA use color edge detection method

[91173] New: Registry driven mod can contain list of required mods in its REQUIRE string value (the same syntax as for LOADAFTER). Moreover, the reg.value CANDISABLE="0" can be used to make the Disable button disabled.

I'm taking a break from my life, so to say, going to go be a bum in socal for a bit. (currently a techno-vagrant in the midwest) There I hope to turn the old beta RSS feed scraper into a google cloud application, which will require no server. But I will have to brush up on python. It would be nice to turn the fairly complex machine that is the 'automatic noBlur maker machine' (give it beta number, it spits out noblur) into a cloud app too, thereby releasing my machine from being powered on, or having to remote control it.. but it relies on many 3rd party tools. A free cloud server doesn't run windows. I can't put the directx SDK on it. I don't have the source code to all those 3rd party tools, and rewriting them in a language like java or python, neither of which I know, It's all a bit of a snag there. Like jumping into a thorny bush. (just looking at it drops your fps)

Edited by oktane

Oktane: thanks for reacting so quickly and I hate to push you into the thorn bush again but BI have released yet another beta yesterday (92333).

it seem i can't get the noblur effect with PP set to very high. anything higher than "low" show some bluriness. someone could confirm / refute ?

This only removes the motion blur. The general blur and DOF effects still remain.

Anyone willing to make a mod that removes the blur filters entirely, but still leave the most advanced portions of post processing on? The blur/DoF are the two reasons I leave PP effects disabled.