oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Argh, so the qBasix beta email notification stopped working! I had no idea there was any new betas. Anyways, maddogx made his own, and an RSS feed too!! So now it's automatic again, checks new beta every 15 minutes and makes and auto uploads it. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?84986-Notifications-for-new-Beta-releases&p=2278417&viewfull=1#post2278417

Dunno if anyone still uses this noBlur anymore though? BIS fix it yet?

I use it all the time, don't use Betas if there are no noblur for them. Thanks again.

okay, just checking since nobody hounded me about missing some! :D

It's OK. In my case, I didn't notice the lack of updates simply because I'm not following the betas after 1.62. My PC is old, and every new beta seems to punish it harder.

Is it possible to remove bloom and dof as well from the game so pretty much only ambient occlusion remains and some other effects?

Is it possible to remove bloom and dof as well from the game so pretty much only ambient occlusion remains and some other effects?

Please hound BIS about this, if you search this thread the exact thing is mentioned about 15 times with explaination why I don't do it. It is not possible to mix and match, because of the way that this mod works. It contains the whole game config, it is not a normal mod that you are used to. I would have to make like 3 different mods (blur, bloom, both) and people would get confused, its just a nightmare. It would be different if it was a 'normal' mod. I tried very hard to make it as normal looking as it is now. (but you will notice there is nothing in the Addons directory!)

BIS needs to fix it and provide separate INI options for each shader, but they don't give a shit, and haven't for what now 4 years? It's been promised and hinted at by devs about 6 times, no results.

I still use this mod regularly, even on MP! only disable it when i get kicked for disallowed pbo. :P

Just downloaded okt_noBlur_OA_beta_101245.7z and the dta folder is empty. :confused:

a week or two ago, the script was messing up and processed some incorrectly, but i noticed and fixed it pretty quick. so maybe you donwloaded it right away and got the messed up one? I'd redownload it. (I checked and its fixed now, i think i fixed it on the 28th)

When it goes tits up, its like 80kb, if its good it's like 260kb.

Sorry about that.

The server may be off for a few days as it gets driven across the US to california, but I'll hook it up at my friends house when I get there for you guys.

Hi may i know if there is going to be a version of this oktnoblur for beta build 101747?

Thanks oktane!!

a week or two ago, the script was messing up and processed some incorrectly, but i noticed and fixed it pretty quick. so maybe you donwloaded it right away and got the messed up one? I'd redownload it. (I checked and its fixed now, i think i fixed it on the 28th)

When it goes tits up, its like 80kb, if its good it's like 260kb.

Sorry about that.

The server may be off for a few days as it gets driven across the US to california, but I'll hook it up at my friends house when I get there for you guys.

oktane: thank you for your support by this addon, BIS should have noticed by now this is much needed and should be an option ingame by default for a long time...

Agreed. They must have a reason though. Unfortunately, it was not part of their education program to be polite enough as to give it to us :).

Oh, I see the new file for the latest beta is up now, thanks a lot.

Oh, I see the new file for the latest beta is up now, thanks a lot.

thanks for notification

Is there any potential for the removal of other less desirable visual effects?

I really like this addon, however there are a few other things that I could do without as well.

Aside from the lighting effects which I like, I could do without the following:

The radial bur, the blurring of the screen when injured, the wavy distortion when physically exerted.

hmmm is it just me or this mod is not removing the blur in beta 101747? i am sure the mod is loaded as it shows up in the expansions menu, and also the dta folder contains the okt_noBlurOA_for_beta_101747.pbo. haven't tested with anything later.

Thanks for the great work keeping up with the betas.

Can you address this? The page on armaholic says there's an option for no bloom, though I know it's an old version and you might not be in charge of putting it up on armaholic. So what is stopping you from having bloom disabled in the later versions of the mod?

It's been explained numerous times in the thread why.

If you want proper options, petition BIS. This is a HACK, not a proper mod.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

No bisign in latest beta 102678 :(

shiiit, something must have broke. I'll look at it, thanks for telling me. I moved to california and been moving around a lot, lugging this server around and plugging it in so that this mod updates lol, but haven't been keeping an eye on it otherwise. Being broke and stuff has been more of a priority.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

okay keys are fixed. maybe the path got too long calling binpbo.. i moved the key to the root of the drive and it worked again. I reprocessed all the recent betas so they have keys. Anyone wanna check everything is okay? (can't run game on laptop)

Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

hmmm is it just me or this mod is not removing the blur in beta 101747? i am sure the mod is loaded as it shows up in the expansions menu, and also the dta folder contains the okt_noBlurOA_for_beta_101747.pbo. haven't tested with anything later.

Anyone else verify this?

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Is there any potential for the removal of other less desirable visual effects?

I really like this addon, however there are a few other things that I could do without as well.

Aside from the lighting effects which I like, I could do without the following:

The radial bur, the blurring of the screen when injured, the wavy distortion when physically exerted.

Yes all the crap like that can be removed. But it's not manageable as a mod, this is a crude hack the way this works. I'd have to make a million different versions for everyones tastes, and its confusing for people from a user standpoint since they shouldn't be used more than once. BIS needs to just add options to disable certain shaders individually, something they have promised for a while but never fufill. So make noise in that regard.

If I wasn't overriding the whole damn bin.pbo, it would be a different story. But this isn't a normal mod, it overwrites the whole game config because it has or the game ignores the the shaders. But it 'looks' like a normal mod folder, which makes people think its versitile like mods. This is the whole reason i had to automate everything and make it automatic, otherwise the chaos that it would cause would be immense. (people running 104170 exe with 102392 game config (from outdated noblur) and going online, crashing other clients, etc)

Hence, it's just a clusterfuck. It's in their court, their game will be a flop if it doesn't contain modern fucking graphics options anyways. It's not a lot to ask after 3 years of dealing with this nonsense.

okay keys are fixed. maybe the path got too long calling binpbo.. i moved the key to the root of the drive and it worked again. I reprocessed all the recent betas so they have keys. Anyone wanna check everything is okay?

Thanks buddy, i had to use my own keys but glad they're sorted mate. California, lucky bugger! ;)

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DukeNukeM. viewpost-right.png

Anyone else verify this?

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Hi oktane, sorry forgot to post update regarding above. My launcher somehow put this mod down to lowest priority. Thats why it didnt load for me.

Once i change it back to loading as first mod (after the beta of course) its working again.

Is that the way its supposed to be? As in if this mod is loaded last priority the blur is not removed?

The 103419 beta patch was released yesterday.

The changelog and feedback looks promising.

Oktane: any chance of update?

As always, your script is much appreciated.

Incidentally does A3 still suffer from A2's inability to disable radial blur within the in-game Video options?

Hmm on SixUpdater / Armarize there is the old Version only (for 1.60 Patch).

Any Chance to update Arma2 mod or did you completly move to Arma3?

Great work, ThX

Numrollen: check the link from the first page, you should find binaries for every single A2 and OA patch, save the last one

Incidentally does A3 still suffer from A2's inability to disable radial blur within the in-game Video options?

Yep, so far at least in the alpha it's the same woefully inadequate post-processing on or off.

Given the number of people that have voted for this feature I am quite frankly bemused by BIs intransigence on the issue.

Yep, so far at least in the alpha it's the same woefully inadequate post-processing on or off.

Given the number of people that have voted for this feature I am quite frankly bemused by BIs intransigence on the issue.

And that reinforce my idea that they must have a very good reason for it. We only don't know what it is. They were never known for giving explanations to minority groups - there's probably some 'soviet' mentality still going on in their heads :).