oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

tnx 4 update =)

post-processinf density/impact/amounts always bother/terrify me in Arma2 :[

both in terms of IQ, performance and immersion/realism :[

it can help cover minor imperfections, but make look good a nd average portions of game content look horrible beyond tolerance :[

Arma2 was second game after TwoWorlds2, that i feel, hit barrier much in that way :[

even Crysis2 kinda away from that :/

Thanks Oktane! What are the changes in the new version?

This doesn't work that way. The update makes the mod work with the latest official/beta patches (if you knew this already and was aiming at something else, please disregard :))

thank you for update. still using this addon. fantastic w/o blur! thanks alot!!!!

Hi Oktane and other users of this mod --

I'm pretty new to ARMA2 / AO but did manage to get a couple of Linux dedicated servers running pretty well.

I've added the noblur mod to my game client successfully but when trying to join our dedicated servers I'm getting the error message about additional accepted keys needing to be installed for this mod.

The server is Linux, OA 1.62 + ACR Lite, etc. beta revision 98939.

The OA client version of all players playing on our server is 1.62 patch version 95248.

I did copy the okt.bikey file from the client's keys directory over to the server's (arma2ao root dir)/keys folder, then restarted the server instance. I didn't copy the entire mod directory over (should I have done that?)

I noticed newer posts to this thread that look like you've started providing v2 signature keys for the mod recently. 95248 was probably before you started including the v2 signature keys. I'm not really sure this is the problem but could it be that I just need a v2 bikey for this mod to be in the server's keys directory?

I could probably install a newer game beta client patch and put a newer version of the noblur mod in that comes with a v2 bikey if there's no other way (and if I could find where the beta client patches are), but this 95248 version seems to be what the latest available is via Steam as well (2 of our players get theirs from Steam, we bought elsewhere and installed game files and patches by hand but 95248 is also the latest patch available on arma2.com's Supply Depot).

Thanks for any advice/direction.

Tackdriver

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

I changed verifySignatures setting to 1 and restarted the server as a workaround for now, so the v1 key can be used to validate the mod.

thanks,

Tackdriver

Hi Oktane and other users of this mod --

I'm pretty new to ARMA2 / AO but did manage to get a couple of Linux dedicated servers running pretty well.

I've added the noblur mod to my game client successfully but when trying to join our dedicated servers I'm getting the error message about additional accepted keys needing to be installed for this mod.

The server is Linux, OA 1.62 + ACR Lite, etc. beta revision 98939.

The OA client version of all players playing on our server is 1.62 patch version 95248.

I did copy the okt.bikey file from the client's keys directory over to the server's (arma2ao root dir)/keys folder, then restarted the server instance. I didn't copy the entire mod directory over (should I have done that?)

I noticed newer posts to this thread that look like you've started providing v2 signature keys for the mod recently. 95248 was probably before you started including the v2 signature keys. I'm not really sure this is the problem but could it be that I just need a v2 bikey for this mod to be in the server's keys directory?

I could probably install a newer game beta client patch and put a newer version of the noblur mod in that comes with a v2 bikey if there's no other way (and if I could find where the beta client patches are), but this 95248 version seems to be what the latest available is via Steam as well (2 of our players get theirs from Steam, we bought elsewhere and installed game files and patches by hand but 95248 is also the latest patch available on arma2.com's Supply Depot).

Thanks for any advice/direction.

Tackdriver

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

I changed verifySignatures setting to 1 and restarted the server as a workaround for now, so the v1 key can be used to validate the mod.

thanks,

Tackdriver

So, do you need anything from me?

No need to copy the whole mod over, just the okt key should be okay.

I'm sort of screwed here.. I'm in california on vacation and my internet was shut off at my office, where my workstation is, and where I make the noBlur. So I cannot remotely access the resources to fix anything, or even patch to the latest OA beta version. (as of now, I am one patch behind)

I do not get back to illinois until the 17th of Dec, when I will hook my phone to my computer and update the missing noBlurs.

You should use the latest beta that you want, but then use the noBlur for that beta version. Don't mix and match, since the game config.bin has to be included in the noBlur, weird things will happen. If you want, you can try to use the latest okt key from a post v2 changeover. (any latest version) The key should not be version dependant. You can use any okt key that you like.

Is there a chance you could remove the bloom also? That is the only post processing effect that bothers me.

Can you address this? The page on armaholic says there's an option for no bloom, though I know it's an old version and you might not be in charge of putting it up on armaholic. So what is stopping you from having bloom disabled in the later versions of the mod?

Is it possible to update this to take out the motion blur, and the annoying side screen blur? I'm getting tired and my eyes are hurting just by staring at it!

Oh, and another request, could you do the same for Take On! Helicopters?

oktane is a really great guy, but I'm afraid he's not going to do any more developing for BIS games.

oktane is a really great guy, but I'm afraid he's not going to do any more developing for BIS games.

That may be so but if so, it'd be odd as he said just a month ago that he'd update it from his workstation from work.

That may be so but if so, it'd be odd as he said just a month ago that he'd update it from his workstation from work.

if BIS could at least add the option to disable those effects, it would make Oktane's life that much easier :D...and ours too! :p

He's been kind enough to keep supporting what he has already done. That's all. It's some obscure trickery that works on automatic, unless something goes south.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

if BIS could at least add the option to disable those effects, it would make Oktane's life that much easier :D...and ours too! :p

My only guess on why BIS doesn't add individual switches for every shader is that they may be concerned with cheating on MP somehow. But nobody really knows.

He's been kind enough to keep supporting what he has already done. That's all. It's some obscure trickery that works on automatic, unless something goes south.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

My only guess on why BIS doesn't add individual switches for every shader is that they may be concerned with cheating on MP somehow. But nobody really knows.

Unless you speak for Oktane, it's not all. Oktane kindly offered to update it this week.

So, do you need anything from me?

I do not get back to illinois until the 17th of Dec, when I will hook my phone to my computer and update the missing noBlurs.

As for BIS not offering an in-game option to disable the blur effects, I couldn't agree more.

If you're serious about making bloom and motion blur seperate options, vote here on the CIT

hi

i'm back from cali again

i'm afraid my life is a bit chaotic right now. i would have had them up to date but my internet got shut off. (it wasn't mine exactly, but it was legal) they didn't bother to tell me that it was going to be disconnected a month early, right when I was gone. So it messed up a lot of stuff, like my ability to work remotely for clients and you guys.

I am back now and i have found some pirate internets, and I updated everything. I promise to make an effort when I get a chance, to host this buttload of scripts that generates these on a server that will be up more often than my workstation. Probably a windows machine somewhere. Because my workstation is probably going to be in a box, or I'll be using it as a pillow as I sleep under the golden gate or an abandoned bunker in the marin headlands. :D

I see that the beta number rolled over another digit, hopefully that didn't break anything. The files look okay, but someone check if the latest work okay.

cheers and seek adventure!

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

The motion blur really kills post processing for me. I like the eye candy, and having it on low doesn't seem to hit fps much, but the blur literally nauseates me, and the no blur mod doesn't really seem to get rid of it for me. :(

Can you try with the new version, and make sure that the oktNoBlur shows up as loaded? (it has an icon on the main menu if it was successful) See screenshot. (this is old, ignore numbers.. you should use the right noblur addon for the right OA beta patch, or retail etc)

noblur_mainmenu.jpg

Edited by oktane

Unless you speak for Oktane, it's not all. Oktane kindly offered to update it this week.

That was uncalled for. Either you are under the delusion that oktane's gonna come up with something new, as it's being requested, or you're confirming exactly what I said: he updates his mod to work with any change BIS does to Arma. He has the infrastructure to automate the process, until he doesn't.

@oktane: Thanks one more time for your work.

That was uncalled for. Either you are under the delusion that oktane's gonna come up with something new, as it's being requested, or you're confirming exactly what I said: he updates his mod to work with any change BIS does to Arma. He has the infrastructure to automate the process, until he doesn't.

@oktane: Thanks one more time for your work.

No problem and sorry for the outage.

And I think you two might be saying the same thing just in different ways, but I'm confused in any regard lol.

Btw, Its not an MP cheating issue, they just don't care. What is a basic priority and simple request by us, who have played (and even developed) other high end AAA games that have intricate graphics options for wide tastes and hardware, is apparently not obvious to them. And it shows the unimportance of the feature request/bug tracker system when it deviates from the scope of their baby, since its been a high voted item for years now.

If it was a MP thing, PP would be enforced by a server logically.

As has been stated many times, the technical way these changes are made by me is nearly a joke in efficiency, and is much better suited to BI who can easily add an ini setting to disable it, without redesigning the GUI. And they have said we'll look into it multiple times, but they haven't.. you can only conclude one thing.. shiny zombie models and shit are more important than basic graphics options. And their skewed priorities are what will kill them and their products, unfortunately.

Hey I have an idea, lets make an expansion pack that will cause headaches for everyone playing MP for over a year. We can still make money on our old game and force the users to buy it if they want shit to work properly! .... oh that turned out to be a bad idea, here's some low resolution models to get your fragmented communites back together until we fuck up the next big thing. Lol.

I commend their idealism and dedication to the community. But they failed to grasp their engine/game as a platform much too late, even though all us devs/power users were all screaming it for 3 years. Only now are they playing catch up, I think.

No problem and sorry for the outage.

And I think you two might be saying the same thing just in different ways, but I'm confused in any regard lol.

Btw, Its not an MP cheating issue, they just don't care. What is a basic priority and simple request by us, who have played (and even developed) other high end AAA games that have intricate graphics options for wide tastes and hardware, is apparently not obvious to them. And it shows the unimportance of the feature request/bug tracker system when it deviates from the scope of their baby, since its been a high voted item for years now.

If it was a MP thing, PP would be enforced by a server logically.

As has been stated many times, the technical way these changes are made by me is nearly a joke in efficiency, and is much better suited to BI who can easily add an ini setting to disable it, without redesigning the GUI. And they have said we'll look into it multiple times, but they haven't.. you can only conclude one thing.. shiny zombie models and shit are more important than basic graphics options. And their skewed priorities are what will kill them and their products, unfortunately.

Hey I have an idea, lets make an expansion pack that will cause headaches for everyone playing MP for over a year. We can still make money on our old game and force the users to buy it if they want shit to work properly! .... oh that turned out to be a bad idea, here's some low resolution models to get your fragmented communites back together until we fuck up the next big thing. Lol.

I commend their idealism and dedication to the community. But they failed to grasp their engine/game as a platform much too late, even though all us devs/power users were all screaming it for 3 years. Only now are they playing catch up, I think.

I agree with you, even an .INI file would do. I really like playing ARMA 2 and its mods, like dayz, but sometimes it causes my eyes to hurt. I already have nearsightedness, astigmatism and recently strabism(i think ti was already there, but got worse the last few months) and that blurriness and depth of field effects is seriously annoying. I already can't focus far away, now I have to deal with that ingame too? :p Another annoyance is looking at the corner of the screen with that damn blur, makes me dizzy and hurts my eyes. If it weren't for modders like you, this would be worse...thanks for the noblur mod :) :o

Argh, so the qBasix beta email notification stopped working! I had no idea there was any new betas. Anyways, maddogx made his own, and an RSS feed too!! So now it's automatic again, checks new beta every 15 minutes and makes and auto uploads it. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?84986-Notifications-for-new-Beta-releases&p=2278417&viewfull=1#post2278417

Dunno if anyone still uses this noBlur anymore though? BIS fix it yet?

Edited by oktane

Argh, so the qBasix beta email notification stopped working! I had no idea there was any new betas. Anyways, maddogx made his own, and an RSS feed too!! So now it's automatic again, checks new beta every 15 minutes and makes and auto uploads it. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?84986-Notifications-for-new-Beta-releases&p=2278417&viewfull=1#post2278417

Dunno if anyone still uses this noBlur anymore though? BIS fix it yet?

I can't play without your mod and a lot of people have the same problem with the blur stuff, afaik Bis didn't fix it yet so thanks a lot for the update!

Oktane, I play with it enabled in SP almost all the time. I really do hope BIS takes heed at least for A3 and makes it an ingame option. Still, thanks for keeping it up!

Oktane, I play with it enabled in SP almost all the time. I really do hope BIS takes heed at least for A3 and makes it an ingame option. Still, thanks for keeping it up!

+1. The default blur gives me nauseous headaches, sometimes after as little as 15 minutes. Kudos to Oktane for his persistence and dedication to maintaining this addon :)