oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

hmm, I just happened to come here to see whats going on, for some reason I missed the email that told me people replied to this thread. Are you guys saying that the noBlur is broken now? Maybe they changed something or the script broke..

---

Oh interesting.. it looks like they changed something in the patch, the way that it works. Now there are two exe's in there, ARMA2OA.EXE.#OA (yes that extension is correct) and ARMA2RFT.EXE.#RFT whatever the hell that is?!

RFT some upcoming mod or something? :j:

Anyways, my script uses 7zip to look into the patch exe and extract the bin.pbo and arma2oa.exe, I'll just update it to find this new filename arma2oa.exe.#oa

7-Zip [64] 9.16  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-09-08

Processing archive: .\beta_storage\ARMA2_OA_Build_83015\ARMA2_OA_Build_83015.exe

[color="Red"]Extracting  .rsrc\0\RCDATA\ALL\ARMA2OA.EXE.#OA[/color]
Extracting  .rsrc\0\RCDATA\ALL\EXPANSION\DTA\BIN.PBO

Everything is Ok

OK guys, everything should work.. it finds the exe from the patch again. (the beta exe file is taken out of the patch.exe and it's version number is analyzed, that was the only reason it was used)

As usual sorry for the outage, there was nothing I could have done since BIS doesn't announce when they change something like this, lol. But I mean that it was broke for a long time, because I missed the notification or whatever. :o

Cheers

Edited by oktane

Oh. Seems silly to make a new EXE for that.. you'd think they'd just leave the game as it is and include the extra DLC when you install it.. hope people with reinforcements don't have any problems with my noblur..

Anyone have Reinforcements that can test? It SHOULD work fine with the okt_noBlurOA, if everything is more or less the same.

And guys if the mod is broke ever, and I'm not responding here, you can always email me my forum name at gmail.com

All those broken noBlurs have now been re-uploaded, let me know, everything should be GTG again.

Oktane: thanks for getting your mod back in action. Ever since I discovered it, I can't go without it. :)

Actually the last update is dated more than 2 weeks ago.

It's a shame because the latest series of patches (84XXX) are said to be the best so far.

Oktane: any chance of any update?

Read above, he said to email him since he rarely checks this thread. I'll send him a message letting him know. The page does have hiccups on occasion.

I emailed oktane today asking about the lack of updates, here's his response:

"Hi.. yeah some crap happened all at once.. I've been on a 6000 mile motorcycle trip, I just got back yesterday to find that I have no internet anymore, and the guy that let me use the webspace for my noblur and RSS feed shut off the access. One relies on the other, via PHP scripts and stuff. So today I'm putting an antenna on the roof to get some wifi hopefully.. and Ill have to find somewhere else to host it where the PHP scripts can run. I'd use godaddy but they are too restrictive about their PHP permissions, my script has to be able to connect to Bohemia's FTP to get beta changelogs, and they block that.

I'LL try to fix it all as soon as I can, if you could relay this in the thread I'd appreciate it man."

http://506.jestservers.com/scripts/oktane/noblur/

okay so I will put them here for now, but someone will have to tell me when it updates because I don't know how long the RSS feed will work until I get another host for that.. and the automatic noBlur relies on it to do it's magic hands-free updates. Plus it can't upload the build after it's done.

ass hurts from trip, but pir8 wifi is go. :moto:

I tried to make them auto update to this new host but I think the wifi is dropping so many packets that its screwing up the transfer. Even with my -19db rubber ducky. Plus I'm doing some nasty double NAT which old-school ftp protocol really hates.

Let me know if there are other problems in addition to the aforementioned issues with auto updates. These were auto-generated, and they look fine in size and such. They just failed to upload.

Edited by oktane

Thanks for the update, will test it out now. I hope you can get everything worked out.

Edit: Tested for about 10 mins and it seems to work fine.

Edited by Kaz58

I tested it some more and I seem to be getting a lot of flickering, it goes away when I disable the addon.

Using AMD 5770 CF, post processing on low, beta patch 84749.

Edit: Disabling crossfire seems to fix it, I'll fiddle around with some settings and post back if I fix it.

Edit 2: Apparently I had some sort of crossfire profile enabled with RadeonPro, disabling it fix it.

Edited by Kaz58

Thanks a million mate.

Over time, this, DAP's First Aid, Robalo's ASR AI and ACRE are the 4 mods that I've really come to appreciate.

If you're having hosting problems, then maybe if you had a PayPal account, those interested could contribute...

Could you please release an updated version for the latest beta? (84984)

Okay new one is up guys. Sorry that this is not on schedule as much anymore, the wifi is very spotty so I frequently lack teh internets.

Hey guys, there's a new one and nobody said anything! :D I think I need to subscribe to that other guy's email notifier until I get my RSS feed on a new host, heh..

Anyways, it's uploaded! (Actually two)

hmm, the latest version is 85101, but the latest beta patch is 85213...:(

Hey guys, there's a new one and nobody said anything! :D I think I need to subscribe to that other guy's email notifier until I get my RSS feed on a new host, heh..

Just how are we supposed to say anything? (said in the voice used in Life of Brian)

hmm, the latest version is 85101, but the latest beta patch is 85213...:(

I think that you sent this message from the future! Fixed!