oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Give the guy a chance the 1.59 patch was only released yesterday, he may need to do some testing before its released.

He doesn't need a chance ;)

Because he's so clever he's gone and automated it all!

Yes, except, I do not automate the major patch releases! I rely on you guys to tell me. :) The reason I cannot modify it, because there is not a simple page that lists latest patches which I could scrape the data off. I will do this ASAP.

Edit: Sigh.. 500 megs, and download got corrupted, trying again..

Edited by oktane

You don't need to apologise.

We just need to THANK YOU!!!

+1

Can't fault service like this.

I've followed the instructions for installing the 1.09 @okt_NoBlurA2 mod in my Arma 2 folder.

I created a shortcut with this line under target:

"D:\steam2\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -mod @okt_NoBlurA2 -nosplash

However, there is still blur when looking around in my game. Switching post process to off then back to low still doesn't remove it.

I'm definitely running 1.09, as it says that in the bottom right of the screen when loading the game.

The only noticable thing the mod does is instead of showing the aircraft carrier in the beginning, the camera is now underwater. No idea why.

Any advice?

(I was able to install the @okt_NoBlur for 1.59 of operation arrowhead, doing the exact same method except changing the mod name to the appropriate one for OA, and it works fine)

It should be:

"D:\steam2\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -mod[color="Red"][b]=[/b][/color]@okt_NoBlurA2 -nosplash

Great addon, like it alot.

I am very new to Arma-world so...

Question: What does one do when running CO?

Running as combined but picking a A2 map I need A2 version right?

It's all map dependent? I can't start both "blurs" and it will be used on correct maps can I? I read the readme files, didn't get/find about CO.

What do I need to be concerned about when starting up? Thx for reply!

Mellanbror, No. Then you using CO, you using OA binary. You only need noblur for OA. It's not dependent on map or anything like that

New beta's out. Note that 81774 is bugged, it had no shaders in it.

Okay, it's up. I'm in the process of moving so I'm trying to keep it up as much as possible. But sometimes my computer is sleeping and I'm 200mi away.

Once I get my network squared away, I'll be able to WOL it. (wake on lan, remote wakeup)

Cheers

Edited by oktane

Hopefully BI will take away the need for you to do it by integrating this into a future patch soon. I can't believe it would be that big a job for them.

Issue #3718 is currently the 5th most wanted issue on the Community Tracker. For those who haven't voted for it yet and are using this addon head over there now and click on the up arrow to add your vote. Link is in oktane's signature.

Yeah this is pretty sad. It's been 3 years. It makes me lose a bit of faith in the CIT.. that or BIS has just too much pride for their shader effects, so they won't give any more work into it. On/Off is just not enough fine grain control for all the shaders. Nor is Off/Vlow/Low/Med/High, but they don't seem to agree. I could care less about half those options. I love the other effects, I just want to be able to disable the blur. Only because it makes me ill after a while, and when the FPS drops, it smears the screen so horribly.

There was another thread where Suma said they were working on it, we said even the simplest provisions will help, such as hidden INI options. But that was over a year or two ago, no changes.

Not having blur is also pretty important for making clear gameplay videos for youtube and such, imo. The compression does horrible things to a fullscreen blur.

I have added my +1 to this bug fix. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea - the full blur looks horrible. It makes me want to put my glasses on, but I know it won't make any difference.

Developers these days tend to add blur to hide dodgy textures - there's no need for BI to do it as it looks fantastic anyway!

Lots of beta's done today.. some old backlog too. The task had stopped running because I changed my windows password.. doh. :o

D:\Arma2\!!okt_noblur_workdir>rssRunCmd

rssRunCmd - oktane 2010

Tool for running action when new RSS item is detected in feed.

Processing 82407 (Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:27:05 -0500) OK

Processing 82346 (Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:44:26 -0500) OK

Processing 82282 (Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:09:47 -0500) OK

Processing 82128 (Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:00:57 -0500) OK

In response to SS9's query (or not since mine is relation to an update from the 7th). The recent Beta version of Noblur for 82489 does not contain the pbo and the bisign files for the addon to even work, and yes I did check the DTA folder that they should be in. It's reason to believe the suspicious size of the update is smaller than the rest significantly by half or more.

Long story short, the files needed aren't there so it isn't working for anyone running Beta patch 82489.

Would the pbo and the bisign from the previous version be usable in it's stead?

Edit: SS9, i have Steam too and it should work for you. Are you running 1.59 and just 1.59 like you say, or are you running a beta patch, because if it's a beta patch, you have to have the exact beta version of Noblur for the addon to work, and vice versa, you can't use NoBlur Beta on non-beta patches.

Edited by Steakslim