oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Removing bloom totally flattens the whole scene at certain times of day, it removes all reflective properties from all objects. The main reason I don't do it though, is because then it becomes complicated.

i c - thanks for the insight, and thanks for your continuing work on the noblur mod. :D

Here's another, there was a bug in the way version numbers were being detected by the automatic script, needed to retain leading zeros. (the true version is 1.54.74.94, but BIS uses 1.54.74094)

Also it has the modfolder logo issue solved by BIS here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14039

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_for_beta_74094.7z

Remember before in this thread we discussed why it would be complicated..the shaders can only be overriden once (whatever was done last is what wins) so more noBlur's would have to be made and signed for every possible combination of customization. And then whatever magical tool would have to be created to make it easy for someone to choose what they want and install it. :/ I had it like that before and quite a few people didn't understand that they had to do this non traditional step to make it work (run one of the config batch files).

Edited by oktane

Oktane, would you mind adding that URL to the first post? It'd be much easier to find updates in the future then. Many thanks for this addon, BTW.

Hi, with last week's release of patches for A2, OA and BAF would it be possible to generate another version?

I patched my copy of A2 to 1.08 last night then gave it a quick spin and I swear I felt dizzy and eyes squinted at the screen...

Hi, with last week's release of patches for A2, OA and BAF would it be possible to generate another version?

I patched my copy of A2 to 1.08 last night then gave it a quick spin and I swear I felt dizzy and eyes squinted at the screen...

Hello

Sorry, I've been away on a trip.

Can anyone try these out:

OA Beta 75666:

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_OA_beta_75666.7z

OA Retail 1.55:

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_OA_retail_1.55.7z

Now everything's pretty much fixed, and even creation of retail noblur's is scripted. (yet manually triggered out of necessity) These were both generated by the system. Now to automatically zip and ftp upload, then I don't have to do anything!

Edited by oktane

Beta 75666 and 1.55 Patch are both for OA.

Any chance you could build a version for vanilla A2's 1.08 Patch ?

Beta 75666 and 1.55 Patch are both for OA.

Any chance you could build a version for vanilla A2's 1.08 Patch ?

Ah sorry I missed that detail, yes sure:

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_A2_retail_1.08.7z

Can you try that out? If everything is good then I'll formally release it.

Edit: if you downloaded this when I first posted it, it had a issue.. should be fixed if you redownload it.

Note this is only for ArmA2 Standalone.. ie if you do not own OA. If you have both games aka Combined Operations, you do not need this. It's only for people that want no blur when they run classic arma2.exe.

Edited by oktane

Thanks for the quick update! Will try it out when I get home from work.

Thanks for the quick releases!

Is this version good for A2 combined ops or only OA stand alone?

it is not clear 2 me...:eek:

(Need one for combined ops pls)

Thanks!

okt_noBlurOA is For any version of OA, CO is not special.. it is just A2 running inside of Operation Arrowhead.

Edited by oktane

Good lord this is great. This is exactly what I needed.

Hell, I'd take an FPS hit if it meant getting rid of motion blur.

This works well enough now that auto FTP'ing is now enabled. The check takes place every 30 minutes for a new beta, processes it and uploads it to here: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/

Please let me know if there are any issues. I don't play the game or test them very frequently anymore. :(

Oktane, is this supposed to completely turn off the blurring effect around the edge of the screen when walking/running? I'm using the version for OA 1.56 and I still have the blurring effect. Would I get startup errors if I were using the wrong version?

(I have CO, BAF and PMC, if any of that makes a difference.)

It supposed to turn off the blurring which isn't realistic to begin with, dont know why its in the game anyways,

but the other method is to turn off your post processing effects.

Oktane, is this supposed to completely turn off the blurring effect around the edge of the screen when walking/running? I'm using the version for OA 1.56 and I still have the blurring effect. Would I get startup errors if I were using the wrong version?

(I have CO, BAF and PMC, if any of that makes a difference.)

This disables the full screen blur effect that occurs when you have the post processing on Low or higher. (it is not present in 'Very Low') The blur happens when you move the view around. It happens constantly in first person.

This does not effect the running or tired blur at this time. (this blur only occurs at the edges of the screen when you are running, and another kind of blur appears if you are very tired)

CO, BAF, PMC, none of these things are relevant to the functioning of the noBlur. All that matters is what version OA (or A2 if you don't have OA) you have.

As mentioned in the first post, the version is displayed when you have the mod loaded. See here:

noblur_mainmenu.jpg

I cropped out some of the menu and stuff to save space.. so it looks weird. But that's the main menu screen.

Oktane, thanks for your reply - I do have your addon running fine. I thought it also disables the running blur effect, that's what made me ask.

Ah sorry I missed that detail, yes sure:

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_A2_retail_1.08.7z

Can you try that out? If everything is good then I'll formally release it.

Edit: if you downloaded this when I first posted it, it had a issue.. should be fixed if you redownload it.

Note this is only for ArmA2 Standalone.. ie if you do not own OA. If you have both games aka Combined Operations, you do not need this. It's only for people that want no blur when they run classic arma2.exe.

Thanks VERY much. It seems to work a treat!

This does not effect the running or tired blur at this time. (this blur only occurs at the edges of the screen when you are running, and another kind of blur appears if you are very tired)

So... do you think you could make it affect the running blur as well? It'd help performance and it really makes my eyes hurt. Since I'm using PP set to Very Low, I didn't notice any changes which make sense after your explanation.

Finally upgraded to OA and enjoying your noBlur mod with the official 1.57 patch (love the way you can see that it is running correctly thanks to the badge on the menu screen).

However earlier this week, BI released a new beta patch with a healthy changelog (ARMA2_OA_Build_77007.zip).

Any chance of update? ;)