oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

one of my favorite Arma2 mods. Really hope it gets updated for OA.

one of my favorite Arma2 mods. Really hope it gets updated for OA.

Same here, definitely a great mod.

The version I maintain is contained within a ~10MB package used by our community (@ANZINS), I won't be posting it separately or entering into any discussion about it here. It supports the latest retail and whatever is the current beta generally within a day of JayArmALib supporting that beta (currently 72967)...

http://www.anzins.net/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1724

...knock yourselves out but don't complain to me if blows up your computer, not my problem. Only possible thanks to Oktane's sleuthing and documentation describing how.

The version I maintain is contained within a ~10MB package used by our community (@ANZINS), I won't be posting it separately or entering into any discussion about it here. It supports the latest retail and whatever is the current beta generally within a day of JayArmALib supporting that beta (currently 72967)...

Thanks a lot

I will give it a try.

Cheers

I do not see ANZINS Post-Processing pbo?

Is listed under another pbo?

If you remember oktNoBlur, it's the DTA folder, not a specific pbo.

Thank you Defunkt, these are great.

Would you mind releasing a separate pack just to remove map textures? I use the PROPER pack for most UI tweaks and I'd like to mix & match but your pack changes some things that the PROPER pack changes.

thanks! I play OA with postprocessing on "normal". Anzins no-radialblur gives me up to 12% more fps.

FYI, ANZINS have updated their mod (including the noblur component) to support retail OA v1.54 and beta 73246 - available here:

http://www.anzins.net/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1724

This *should* work with the beta 73251 hotfix, since the shaders within the bin.pbo in beta 73246 have not changed. As usual though, don't blame me if cats and dogs start playing together in the streets, the sky falls and your puter blows up - it ain't my fault. ;)

p.s. I did hear back from oktane about his plans and he indicated that he's become frustrated with the frequency of beta releases by BIS. He still wants to come up with an automated solution for patching in the noblur mod, regardless of the Arma version, but hasn't completed this work. In the meantime I would suggest it's okay to post links to the ANZINS mod in this thread, especially since ANZINS clearly credits oktane for the technique.

No change in the bin.bpo shaders in beta 73311 - ANZINS beta 73246 noblur mod should still work with this new build.

KaBoNG, 'ANZINS' has his own thread afaik.

Can anyone test this? It's for the latest beta. It's a completely automated build.

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_for_beta_73478.7z

Note that if you use the 'in game' shitass expansions manager, it can't load the paa logo before you 'enable' it. It's because it's inside the PBO. There's a bug in the expansion manager that doesn't allow pictures to load properly if the folder starts with @, which totally figures. (all BIS stuff does not have @ and it works fine)

If that's okay, then there isn't much more to do, cept clean up the old readme, posts etc. Then start the 'machine'.

Thanks oktane, it sucked for me not being able to get all the good parts without getting nauseous or severe eye-strain from all the excessive blurring on Normal. My eyes and stomach thank you as well. ;)

Is there any chance of getting this to work with Arma 2 Combined Ops as well? If so how could I do that? Thanks :)

I have been using this with Combined Ops since updates have been coming out for the new betas without any issues. :)

Working fine for me with CO.

Thanks for continuing to provide this, Oktane. It's absolutely my prefered graphical setting, and I think it makes for the best mix of performance / quality. Here's hoping that the automated builds save you lots of time and work.

I have been using this with Combined Ops since updates have been coming out for the new betas without any issues. :)

so how do you set it up for Combined Ops? I extracted it with

@oktNoBlur in my Bohemia Interactive folder and added ;@oktNoBlur to my OA shortcut and it gave me errors

Do addons need to go in the 'Expansion' folder for CO?

I don't remember, as I run all my addons from other harddrives (to main install). So, for me it's -mod=I:\@okt_NoBlurBeta.

Think your shortcut is right, but mod folder placement might be wrong for CO.

Cheers for the correction, Oktane.

Edited by Richey79

Nope, no addons should go in Expansions really.. even if you have CO. The normal dir is ok. In otherwords, you'd put the @oktNoBlur or @oktNoBlurBeta folder in the same directory as the arma2oa.exe file.

Then add it to your modline like -mod=@okt_noBlurBeta. If you have more than one mod, it has to be -mod=@okt_noBlurBeta;@someothermod (note no end semicolon) If you aren't using the beta though, you have to use this version for 1.54 retail patch.. which I haven't formally released yet: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/@okt_noBlur_OA_1_54.zip

With the non-beta version, you can use the 'expansions' menu too.

(I'm waiting to see if BIS will fix a certain bug with the mod manager)

Edited by oktane

oktane - thanks for your ongoing work on this great mod.

With a working noblur mod for OA, I have dialed up postprocessing effects once again. Now I'm feeling like having a nobloom option again would be desirable. Bloom is particularly undesirable on puffy clouds (which turn into nondescript, bright white blobs) and chopper pads (the white paint glows like it had an internal light and is very blurry along the edges). Any chance that you might re-introduce nobloom to this mod?

For newest beta: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/okt_noBlur_for_beta_73968.7z

And BIS fixed my mod logo bug! So when I get time, I'll fix that error.

Puffy clouds are optional, they are 3d particles, created by the Weather module. They reflect light from the ground. The reflective tape is also intentional, if you see a side of a firetruck which uses reflective tape for the lettering, it has the same effect with a bright light source. It does haze around the edges. It's a little overdone, but there are just a few things that it affects and normally I think it looks good. Removing bloom totally flattens the whole scene at certain times of day, it removes all reflective properties from all objects. The main reason I don't do it though, is because then it becomes complicated.