oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Hi, if this addon removes the bloom, that means that it removes the glow in the characters skins?; if it does that means that the custom faces in .jpg could work again. Interesting... . Let's C ya

"Bloom" and "glow" are the same thing. I think oktane has stopped supporting bloom removal with this mod and is now focused only on removing rotational blur because it lowers frame rates and is annoying or even sickening for some people.

Yeah but if enough people want it, I guess it can be done. But then it's somewhat confusing. I'd have to think of a better way to lay it out so the user can choose what he wants.

This is especially relevant with OA, which adds a few more shaders, people may not want blur and glow at all, but do want SSAO.

I wish they would just let us disable them individually in the INI. (if they don't want to make a gui for it) That would solve the whole can of worms.

Yeah but if enough people want it, I guess it can be done. But then it's somewhat confusing. I'd have to think of a better way to lay it out so the user can choose what he wants.

This is especially relevant with OA, which adds a few more shaders, people may not want blur and glow at all, but do want SSAO.

I wish they would just let us disable them individually in the INI. (if they don't want to make a gui for it) That would solve the whole can of worms.

I can't agree more. Can't wait til you get rid of rotational blur in this game. Man I hate it.

Oktane- just wanted to say thanks for your work on this. It's really important and invaluable to a lot of us.

If I had to compartmentalize the PP I'd add:

* Option to turn rotational blur off.

* Option to turn down the amount of bloom or turn it off.

* Option to turn down desert heat effect.

And I should explain, what I mean by confusing is that because of the way the mod works, it requires:

• Modified shader files
  • BIS Whole game config.cpp, normally in dta/bin.pbo, without it, it will not load the modded shader.

So for each of those 'possibily disabled shaders', I need to make a 'matrix', since I can only have ONE noBlur pbo&modified shader. (All of teh shaders are stored in ONE file, BIS's shdc file, and whichever pbo is loaded last is what the game will use. So you see I have to have a 'matrix' of pbo's, one for each possible configuration..

• Pbo with -rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • Pbo with -rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat
  • Pbo with +rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • Etc, the list goes on. There are 256 combinations in all, if there were 4 options.

Remember, we cant do like the 'proper' mods and only put PBO's for features we want to change. With shaders, the whole SHDC file is overrode, and the last one loaded overwrites all others. You see now why this is a mess.

To compute the number of PBO files needed, take the number of options (n) and multiply it by itself n times. In the above example of four possible shader disables: 4 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 256

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I can't agree more. Can't wait til you get rid of rotational blur in this game. Man I hate it.

Oktane- just wanted to say thanks for your work on this. It's really important and invaluable to a lot of us.

If I had to compartmentalize the PP I'd add:

* Option to turn rotational blur off.

* Option to turn down the amount of bloom or turn it off.

* Option to turn down desert heat effect.

That's only 27 possible PBO files... :D

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

i use this mod, but i dont see any difference in my game with or without mod. i have the same fps. But i see it works with other people, so nice job ;)

Read the instructions mate. ;) If you didn't use Post Processing before, you aren't going to gain FPS. The only way to see the effect of the mod is to turn PP on. (I recommend Low) When it's on low and the mod is enabled, there won't be blurring when you move your gun.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Hi, if this addon removes the bloom, that means that it removes the glow in the characters skins?; if it does that means that the custom faces in .jpg could work again. Interesting... . Let's C ya

What is this issue that you speak of? Lots of people use JPG face files. Even me!

+1 for VHEMT btw.

Hehe, Oktane I was actually directing my preference towards BIS. Just getting rid of rotational blur is super with you mod :D

[/color]

Read the instructions mate. ;) If you didn't use Post Processing before, you aren't going to gain FPS. The only way to see the effect of the mod is to turn PP on. (I recommend Low) When it's on low and the mod is enabled, there won't be blurring when you move your gun.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

i did try it with PP on low, but it fps stayed the same.

Having discovered this awesome mod just two days ago and sudenly seeing all the SFX in ArmA 2 for the first time....

I installed the expansion today only to to find out it did not work anymore.

So much have I enjoyed using your mod inthe last 24 hours, that I think I will not bother playing my exciting new expansion for a while on the off chance you get it too and update this fabulous tool you've made.

Thanks again for sharing this with us. Excellent utility.

Blur makes me very irate.

Hi @Oktane, i've try (with an ArmA custom face) to see how it'll look like in game (on the ArmA2) the colours... shadows... lights... materials etc.. and i found out that is impossible to make the custom faces look even half good as i'd for the ArmA, i don't think that's a matter of my Nvdia or anything but the game's irrational glow/bloom that screws up the colours of the things and give 'em all a loathing plastic shape that they shouldn't have.

I haven't try yet to do any ArmA2 or OA custom face as i haven't installed any BIS tool yet, but i've few or none faith on be able of make any custom face that looks good; and all is because of the glow of everything, is even worst than in the damn BC2. Let's C ya

So for each of those 'possibily disabled shaders', I need to make a 'matrix', since I can only have ONE noBlur pbo&modified shader. (All of teh shaders are stored in ONE file, BIS's shdc file, and whichever pbo is loaded last is what the game will use. So you see I have to have a 'matrix' of pbo's, one for each possible configuration..

• Pbo with -rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • Pbo with -rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat
  • Pbo with +rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • Etc, the list goes on. There are 256 combinations in all, if there were 4 options.

If all those settings have 2 distinct values (on / off), then you have 2 ^ 4 = 16 combinations, not 256.

I should note I'm changing my stance on one effect. Desert heat and fatigue. I love them now.

If all those settings have 2 distinct values (on / off), then you have 2 ^ 4 = 16 combinations, not 256.

Yes, x^y = z without ON and OFF, if with ON and OFF z^2

2^4 = 16 combinations without ON/OFF switch
16^2 = 256 combinations with ON/OFF switch 

:p

oktane, thanks for your tutorial on removing 'rotblur' pp effect. I have removed the rotation blur from latest beta 72197 successfully.

In the game, when a soldier runs for a while, the whole screen will become blury bit by bit. How to remove this effect, can you show me the way?

I tried removing 'dynamicblur', 'gaussianblur' and even 'ssaoblur' but didn't see any effect. Of course I didn't know if I did it in the right way, although, the game shows no error.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Delta 51, use oktane's tutorial, you can make your own file for every version, aa2, oa, all work in the same way.

oktane, thanks for your tutorial on removing 'rotblur' pp effect. I have removed the rotation blur from latest beta 72197 successfully.

Where is this video?

Is it my imagination or is the rotblur effect toned down in OA? Even when I use higher levels of PP, it doesn't seem to be as intrusive as it is in ARMA II.

Yes, x^y = z without ON and OFF, if with ON and OFF z^2

2^4 = 16 combinations without ON/OFF switch
16^2 = 256 combinations with ON/OFF switch 

:p

• -rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • -rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • -rotBlur, -radialBlur, +Glow, -Heat
  • -rotBlur, -radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat
  • -rotBlur, +radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • -rotBlur, +radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • -rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, -Heat
  • -rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat
  • +rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • +rotBlur, -radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • +rotBlur, -radialBlur, +Glow, -Heat
  • +rotBlur, -radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat
  • +rotBlur, +radialBlur, -Glow, -Heat
  • +rotBlur, +radialBlur, -Glow, +Heat
  • +rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, -Heat
  • +rotBlur, +radialBlur, +Glow, +Heat

'-' is OFF, '+' is ON. Am I missing something?

has this been ported over to OA yet? I've never had my Post P. on because I would get sick playing it... I sooo want to see the good visuals now.

I don't think oktane as done an OA compliant version of his mod yet. Last I heard from him he was still awaiting delivery of his OA disk. I gotta think he has received this by now but he may be too busy with other things at the moment to update the mod.

So are further releases planned? Only I've been maintaining my own using your instructions but I'm not sure if I'd be stepping on toes posting links to it here?

So are further releases planned? Only I've been maintaining my own using your instructions but I'm not sure if I'd be stepping on toes posting links to it here?

I'd love to try that out, I'm unable to play with PP at the level I'd like.

I feel like i'm missing out on a great deal of 'polish'. SSAO and the like.

Same here. Playing on Normal is killing my eyes, but I miss all the good stuff by lowering or disabling it.

Ditto: this is defo one of those "must-have" mods for me. Moreover, contrary to many other mods, this one actually actually increases performance!