oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Just edit your posts. Enough spam please.(Or bumps, which ever applies here)

Do these last few even change anything that would involve this? Do we need to stop using it? That's more important than an announcement that a new build(s) is out. That info is posted all over the forums.

Edited by Manzilla

Just edit your posts. Enough spam please.(Or bumps, which ever applies here)

Do these last few even change anything that would involve this? Do we need to stop using it? That's more important than an announcement that a new build(s) is out. That info is posted all over the forums.

Exactly the reason i posted..wow your crazy smart

seems like this mod is not compatible with the new patch v1.07,

an error message popups when running this mod, need a new update

seems like this mod is not compatible with the new patch v1.07,

an error message popups when running this mod, need a new update

Yep, that's true. Lets just wait for author to "fix" this :)

Exactly the reason i posted..wow your crazy smart

Ok, I asked nicely. No need to sling passive aggressive insults.

You missed the whole point of the post.(And the very first sentence.) If you are posting multiple in a row just edit the first instead of posting back to back to back.

Your post didn't answer anything, they are just bumps/spam.(Which is against forum rules.)

Hey, they ain't my rules. They are there for a reason. I'll let a moderator sort it out now.

Good day.

Gedis and WWIII,

Thank you for the info. That's much more useful then a bump. Thanks again.

Edited by Manzilla

I'm working on it. I already have the noblur done for 1.07 but I'm putting together the new package/readme, etc. (final patch/beta patch will be separated now)

edit: never mind

Edited by KaBoNG
d'oh!

does this also contain a no-bloom only addon? cause I hate the bloom, but i like the blur.

Thank god your not a moderator Manzilla you just did a paragraph of spam..

Thanks Oktane. Also my beta no blur still works with my 1.07 aswell without an error popping up wonder why WWII gets an error?

FOR 1.07 RETAIL ONLY!

okt_noBlur_for_Retail_1.07.7z

If you have an old version of the noBlur installed, always delete it's modfolder before installing the new one. Delete old versions completely, do not overwrite.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

does this also contain a no-bloom only addon? cause I hate the bloom' date=' but i like the blur.[/quote']

No I stopped supporting noBlur. The purpose is narrowed to alleviate the performance issues/sickness caused by the blur.

Edited by oktane

Can you stop doing this? I mean it's nice, but it adds to the confusion around using the noBlur with different versions. (which causes crashes in some cases)

My bad - very sorry. Went back and edited out but I guess not soon enough. I didn't do the md5 check - just what OrdeaL did above - thinking your "official" would be out soon enough. I see now that the shader did change and yes, it could well have caused crashes. :o

Since OA is out *real soon* and I've already bought it, I may not need the mod anymore because of the "rumored" new settings, but wanted to thank you for your great work on it. Thanks oktane. :D

My bad - very sorry. Went back and edited out but I guess not soon enough. I didn't do the md5 check - just what OrdeaL did above - thinking your "official" would be out soon enough. I see now that the shader did change and yes, it could well have caused crashes. :o

[/Quote]

No I think you guys were correct, it is the same. (I compared innards of 1.05.71749 with 1.07.71750, match) But for example, using the 1.05 noblur with 1.07 crashes the game with the fatal shader error. So I am trying to set a standard, that's all. I know you're just trying to help out.

Since OA is out *real soon* and I've already bought it, I may not need the mod anymore because of the "rumored" new settings, but wanted to thank you for your great work on it. Thanks oktane. :D

I hope so. Rommel posted some screenshots, but it was the same. Maybe they are in the INI or a later revision. (Rommel has a review version)

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Okay I have fixed up the documentation, hope it is more understandable now. :D

No I think you guys were correct, it is the same. (I compared innards of 1.05.71749 with 1.07.71750, match)

Yep, did md5 checks of the bin.pbo innards across the last few betas and 1.07 and they all match. I got the mismatch by comparing the unmodded Shaders_DefPP.shdc file and your modded one - double D'OH! :eek: (somewhere back in this thread I have done this before - apparently I didn't learn from my mistake)

In a pinch, what we suggested does work with the new patch but I will try to keep it to myself in future unless we don't hear from you for, like, days or something after a new build is released. k?

OrdeaL - feel free to pm me if you're in doubt and oktane isn't around and I'll hook you up that way. Time to get the heck out of the way and let oktane manage his mod. ;)

If you using an ARMAII Launcher this mod will not recognized, because there is

no "Addons" folder inside the path.

Can I just put a plain "addons" folder under the "@okt_noblur", without destroying the effect of the mod? So the Mod could be used and managed by ARMAII Launcher?

If you using an ARMAII Launcher this mod will not recognized, because there is

no "Addons" folder inside the path.

Can I just put a plain "addons" folder under the "@okt_noblur", without destroying the effect of the mod? So the Mod could be used and managed by ARMAII Launcher?

Yep, sure you can.

I didn't know that's how that app worked. I'll add a dummy addons folder to the archive, thanks!

Edit: Uploaded!

Edited by oktane

oktane, thanks for your job.

In the game, there are two kinds of running blur. One is screen edge blur which is cool, the other is full screen blur after running for some time. I do hate the second blur which is not real. Everyone can run for 10 minutes and does not see things in the game way.

So can you make a version which removes the full screen blur?

Thank god your not a moderator Manzilla you just did a paragraph of spam..

Thanks Oktane. Also my beta no blur still works with my 1.07 aswell without an error popping up wonder why WWII gets an error?

What's your point?

Hey I'm not sure if you guys know but there's a new expansion for A2. It's called OA. I figured I'd let you guys know since I'm sure you weren't already aware seeing that it's posted all over the forums.

(Now that's spam.)

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Oktane - not sure if you saw this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101040

But I really hope you can remove rotational blur and bloom from the new game.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not this works with OA. Honestly, I can't tell. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ;) It runs well with or without this. Have you tried it yet, or anyone else? Should I not use it for OA yet?

I don't have it yet guys.

As stated all over the first post and readme, you aren't supposed to use the noBlur with the wrong version of ArmA. Especially don't use it if you play online.

Very Low PP setting disables rotBlur and Glow in OA.

Hi, if this addon removes the bloom, that means that it removes the glow in the characters skins?; if it does that means that the custom faces in .jpg could work again. Interesting... . Let's C ya

i use this mod, but i dont see any difference in my game with or without mod. i have the same fps. But i see it works with other people, so nice job ;)