oktane

oktNoBlur - Signed Blur Remover Addon

Great mod, it really helps!

Is there a way to blur the ironsights only?

Currently I have to set PP to high to achieve that, but as you said that has other effects I do not like either.

But imho the blurred iron sights really add to immersion.

Thanks a lot!

A.

Great mod, it really helps!

Is there a way to blur the ironsights only?

Currently I have to set PP to high to achieve that, but as you said that has other effects I do not like either.

But imho the blurred iron sights really add to immersion.

Thanks a lot!

A.

You mean the 'depth of field' (DOF) where it blurs the stuff close to you in 3d? No I haven't messed with any of that stuff. In order to have that work, many more shaders would have to be disabled that work by itself on the higher PP settings. Maybe some day.

Edited by oktane

You mean the 'depth of field' (DOF) where it blurs the stuff close to you in 3d? No I haven't messed with any of that stuff. In order to have that work, many more shaders would have to be disabled that work by itself on the higher PP settings. Maybe some day.

Yes, that is what I meant.

Would it be possible to tweak the PP option settings, so that DOF would get enabled on "Low"?

Can we get an update to work with beta 70054? Thanks for this great mod!

It either doesn't work at all when used with the launcher or crashes both beta and vanilla 1.05 with "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0" error message when used with -mod= in windows shortcut

Can we get an update to work with beta 70054? Thanks for this great mod!

Yep, it looks like bin.pbo has changed:

file size in 69782 = 9,217,178

file size in 70054 - 9,218,214

Hope you have the time to fix soon, oktNoBlur. Thanks! :)

Also a new beta patch came out 2day ;) 70100

This mod does not work on my box. It throws an error on startup:

"access/'is not a class ('requiredVersion' accessed)"

radial blur is still present. meh.

Yes, that is what I meant.

Would it be possible to tweak the PP option settings, so that DOF would get enabled on "Low"?

No its hard coded in the exe, what each level is and what shaders it uses. You could buy a book on reverse engineering EXE files.. Chris Eagle, Vlad Pirogov, and Eldad Eilam are good authors on the subject.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

This mod does not work on my box. It throws an error on startup:

"access/'is not a class ('requiredVersion' accessed)"

radial blur is still present. meh.

Who cares about radial blur? The point is to remove the rotational blur. The radial blur only occurs a tiny bit on the edges of the screen when you run fast, it doesn't make your performance dive like rotBlur.

Since it works for everyone else, then you must have an issue with your configuration. As stated multiple times, using the beta version of noBlur may have bad effects with a newer beta. (because it contains the whole bin.pbo) So use 1.05 final. If you already are, I don't know what to tell you. :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

To all asking about more beta noBlurs, I have to ask.. do you need it signed?

If you do not, then I can put together something that can make you a noBlur which is unsigned, and you can update it yourself. When you get the new beta, you just run some batch file (complicated, which is yet to be written) and it patches the correct shaders.

Otherwise I think i need to make some more infrastructure and an updating script batch that uses wget to fetch some files I host, signed versions. And I need to automate the creation of them, ie, tie them into six updater or something so when a new beta arrives the noblur is generated and uploaded automatically.

Either path is a lot of work. One overlaps the other too.

Edited by oktane

I dicked around some more and yes it works, thanks very much for this little mod.

IMO this should not be neccesary as a mod but a game menu option.

I dicked around some more and yes it works, thanks very much for this little mod.

IMO this should not be neccesary as a mod but a game menu option.

Indeed, but BIS is unlikely to read this. And if you're talking to me, you're preaching to the choir. :D

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3718

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5932 Vote on it.

Edited by oktane

Hi,

This is really an useful addon. Can you please adapt it for the latest beta?

build 70100

and no, no need to sign it, since a lot of new beta are coming out. Just for testing purposes.

Edited by Kroky

The guys that use it in the Aus/Nz community will need it signed as a lot of us play verified sig servers.. hmmm

Ok I will work on the newer version now. Mostly on automating it for faster beta updating. If there are 3 beta's a week I cannot do this manually anymore, it simply takes too long.

Cheers man and i totally understand you cant pop them out as fast as those Betas haha

BETA 70184 noBlur Download: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/@okt_noBlur_1.5.70184.7z

Hmm, many, many hours later and I have an automated solution that takes about 15 seconds to patch any version, written in powershell language. (which is a pain in the ass at first but pretty powerful compared to batch files) Auto detects version via exe metadata, depbo's, deshdc's, patches custom compiled ASM shaders, repackages it back up, all named correctly, signed, proper pbo prefix of 'bin', everything. But it is not yet done, I still have to automate the end packaging, easy-to-use install scripts, and updates changelog so that it poops out the *final* 7z file ready to upload or updates a web host automatically. Here is just the beta pbo for people that need it: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/@okt_noBlur_1.5.70184.7z completely generated from script, cept I had to create the @okt_NoBlur\dta folder structure. :D

No sense in mirroring that, just hold off until I get done with the self update scripts that fetch the latest from the web. Then I'll only have to release here when there's a major revision. (final patch)

Edited by oktane

New beta 70256 out but bin.pbo is the same size as beta 70184 so current noblur patch should still work fine. Will be very nice though when okatane finishes his automatic patching tool. ;)

Yep, they are the same guys. I use HashCheck shell extension to check CRC's on the config.bin. Size is not a good way to check because they can change a character and it will be the same size. Also, almost every time the PBO file is not the same, but the contents inside may be the same. Its because they repack the PBO every time for the new beta. (there's some date info in there I think)

So to check, what I do is (it's easy):

-When installing new beta, rename old beta folder to betaxxxxx first, where x is the version.

-Depbo old and new bin.pbo from betas. (i use cpbo.exe, just click extract in RMB menu)

-RMB Click properties on extracted config.bin's, see checksum tabs. (install HashCheck to see this)

-If the CRC's match, it's okay to use old version.

The biggest problem is that config.bin being outdated, could cause problems for you, or even other people you play with online. (make their game crash in rare cases) Because of this, I think I need to change the wording to something more strict since it is used online often. IE: Old versions of the noBlur shouldn't be used with newer betas. (unless it's verified config.bin is identical)

Prehaps I can look into settings the minimumVersion in the config.bin, but that would require editing and re-binarizing it. :/

Edited by oktane

Prehaps I can look into settings the minimumVersion in the config.bin, but that would require editing and re-binarizing it. :/

Well, if you get something automatic to work to update the shaders, then it should also be possible to rewrite the version-line of it?

Non the less, I love this addon, so please keep them coming!:D

Well, if you get something automatic to work to update the shaders, then it should also be possible to rewrite the version-line of it?

Non the less, I love this addon, so please keep them coming!:D

Yeah so what I do now is depbo the BIS bin.pbo, patch the shaders, and repbo it with a new name. I don't touch the config.bin. To do the version thing, I'd have to un-binarize the BIS config.bin, grep and update the version line, re-binarize, repbo. I'll see if that will work out. But I'm thinking the version thing only checks if its X version or higher, which wont work in our case. (people would still be able to use old config.bin with new beta exe)

True enough. Unbinarizing could be done with Kegety's UnRAP, but as you say the version check probably won't be of much use anyway =/

Noticed there was another beta today.. they didn't change anything except they added back in the 3 extra shader shdc files that they removed in 70256.. No idea why. (the one we patch here for the blur is shaders_defPP) But regardless, here's another temporary version updated: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/noblur/@okt_noBlur_1.5.70313.7z

Cheers