Sign in to follow this  
joeanorak

Mods with death if wounds not treated (SP/AI)?

Are there any SP scripts / mods which currently model death after amount of time injured for both the player and AI? I'm after a system where once a certain level of damage has been reached the AI / Player goes into an agony / unconscious state and will die after a set amount of time (or variable time depending on the seriousness of the wound), if not treated by a medic.

From what I can ascertain ACE 2 doesn't do this as even badly wounded AI, in an Unconscious state remain like that until they are a) killed or b) healed, ditto SLX. Norrin's revive script is pretty close to the mark but unfortunately it only applies its effects to AI under the players control not all AI.

My aim is simply that when friendly AI goes seriously man down rather than a medic magically healing them or the player simply writing them off you have to Medivac them to a location in order to stop them dying (where they would subsequently be removed from the players control). I'm hopeful with some mission failure criteria based on friendly casualties it would add a bit more urgency and excitement. When you know one of you team is down you need to get them out of there urgently rather than just worrying you'd lost another gun in the fight. I guess this isn't to everyones tastes but I don't think by including this element of realism you in anyway detract from the fun side of the game.

If anyone can suggest anything out there at the moment I'd be really grateful. Hopefully this isn't a moon on stick type scenario in which case its possibly time to be donning my reinforced scripting pants and crash helmet for a few weeks of late nights slaving over an unappreciative keyboard!

Try ACE2 + SLX in veteran mode and remove all ACE first aid items. ACE will remove the magic healing, although I think you might need the ACE injury system module activated on someone, not necessarily everyone. The SLX first aid will stop the bleeding and stabilize them but they will need to be moved to a hospital for full recovery. I don't think the wounded person can actually use the hospital though, you might need to script it, but at least they shouldn't get healed before then. Maybe ACE with just the adrenaline (epinephrine) item removed might do the trick though.

Edited by Solus

Cheers Solus will give it a try this evening.

I set up a test using two standard Marines (not grouped together) with ACE2 and SLX running and inflicted an abdominal wound at approx 100m. I tried five combinations; no Module, Module and no sync, module sync to player, module sync to subject (the AI being shot) and module sync to subject and player. Unfortunately I found the results were identicle over all combinations with the subject entering an agony / unconcious state permanently (in each case accelerated time to x4 and left running for 10 minutes). Judging by this I don't think that AI are affected by 'bleeding out' or can transition to death from a wounded state unless injured again. Similarly across all cases both SLX and ACE 2 First Aid features returned the subject to a fully functioning state (ie they could stand and move as normal).

As much as i'd love to find a solution to this i'm aware someone complained about this thread a few days ago and said it was in the wrong place so I really shouldn't continue it any further! Thanks again for the suggestion though Solus.

Edited by JoeAnorak
Feedback after trying suggestion.

hi there

simply use the standard BIS First Aid Modules. That does the trick. If you are shot and no medic will show up in a certain amount of time you simply die. Hope I don't have misinterpreted your OP.

regards

Group link 4 + SLX works very well for me, since i don't use ACE. I was playing on Aiktalik, using some Project 85 units, when i got shot it took me about 7-8 minutes to die, because my whole squad died.

Group link 4 has good wound effects.