Sign in to follow this  
IrMaGiKzZz

Arma 2 launch problem

Okay, i just got this game a few days ago and i'm having a little trouble with it. I have downloaded the game and when i try to launch it a rectangular box appears with some smaller boxes in it. There are check marks in all but two boxes. once that goes away the screen flashes and then says "Shader Model 2 not supported anymore". The game is brand new, there is no damage to the dvd and i have reinstalled the game at least five times now.

Edited by IrMaGiKzZz

What's your graphics card?

ArmA 2 requires a graphics card that supports shader model 3.

I think, ATI cards that support SM3 are x1xxx and up and Nvidia 6 series and up.

Can you check in Device Manager what's your Display Adapter is?

Here is an example:

devman.jpg

it says i have the best device already installed, but it says Intel®G33/G31 Express chipset family

Checked online and Intel®G33/G31 supports only Shader Model 2 thus incompatible with ArmA 2. You will need a new graphics card to play ArmA 2.

Better post your full specs of your PC for upgrading advice if you want.

I think you have a laptop or you use the onboard gfx of your motherboard if it is a desktop.

G33/G31 does not support shader model 3.0, and if it did you probaly still couldnt play arma2 because most of the time onboard gfx (laptop or motherboard) is to slow.