Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Why are you playing BIS games?

I play Flashpoint because the pace of the game allows a lot of communication. And the community it drawed in were mostly players looking to get more out of the game experience. They were like people that enjoyed a well baked cake instead of quick bite of chips. The gameplay was different, way more punishing and more exiting because of that.

It led to some fantastic tournaments either ctf, c&h or cti. And lot of coop clans that all had their own vision on how to play good coop ranging from clans like LOL, CIA, GOL, 23rd etc. It was not rare for a player to visit another player in real life because that is how tight everything came toghether ;)

Overall it was good experience and also reason why i have eventually returned to it to play cti on daily basis with same 50 guys over and over ;)

Though I look up to BIS I see ArmA and ArmAII more like a military product given to civilians to bug test it. PvP combat is less interesting as the realistic long range weapons and inballance between factions suddenly make main stream shooter seem a lot more interesting.

The campaigns have as much brilliance as the ofp red hammer expansion and community itself seems more like sheep that has to be herd into the right direction by the mission with players that eventually dissapear after couple of weeks or mission scripters going on solo adventures to fame.

Dont get me wrong arma and armaII are still despite all that in essence great games ( exspecially if you look at the alternative: dragon rising ), but its no longer my cup of tea.

To put it into perspective I rather never played arma or armaII if it ment I could have played one more tournament in flashpoint :)

I played OFP and I play Arma2 because it presents the most (in my opinion) authentic first person shooting experience available, in an open and easily-modifiable context, and with an AI that can do everything you do, including command troops.

I think of the games as awesome, ever-improving toyboxes with a nearly unlimited supply of new stuff to use, see and do. Every time I want to play a game and nothing else interests me, I come back to Arma2 and it's a blast nearly every time.

Plus, I feel super accomplished for having stuck with them long enough to learn how everything works :)

I play OFP all the time, ArmA1 and 2 not so much, because its an amazing classic, helluva game, and its realistic enough to suit my craving every time without being a burden to play. Simple yet complex, gotta love v1.96.