Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Why are you playing BIS games?

I play it becouse its the only true PC game left.

RO2:HOS will be another true PC game soon.

What, did the other hundreds of PC games lose their PC game status over time?

Because they are not only games but also a hobby or a life style. :)

What, did the other hundreds of PC games lose their PC game status over time?

I think he refers to the fact how much current games became too much cross-bred with console games (simplified, overhinted gameplay, "button only" controlled menus, lack of detailed graphic settings, "re-breathed" health, all-for-eyes features, ect..). Nowadays you can't differentiate very much if a game is originally for PC or console.

Your avatar pic was the action I made just a minute ago looking at your comment bascule... ;)

I´ve nothing seen like them!ARMA and ARMA2.When i was a child i dreamt from a Game like that.Realy!:bounce3:

One day i saw a matchreport from ARMA in TV(GIGA-TV) and i knew i would buy it sometime.

And now it is addiction !:292:

I'm playing Bis games because back when the demo came out for OFP, I found it rather hard, but it intrigued me,

I wasn't used to a realism, or simulated type of game.

Finding it to hard I put the game down and then came back to it, I must of played the demo constantly I loved it so much,

when the game came out I had a field day, and was austruck by the editor, I played the campaigns, but found myself in the

editor pretty much all the time.

I learned the editor by trial and error, and must have downloaded more addon, and mods in the day then my HD can handle,lol

I got Arma when it came out and tbh I really didn't like it but then i stuck with it and got a feel for it,

when i came out with WarMod for Arma then i fell in love with it, i still play Arma,, and same for Arma2.

To sum it up the game allows you to have a freedom really no other game I can think of lets you have,

I mean you can create anything you want besides sp/mp missions, and the community is huge, although

i thought the OFP community was bigger then with the games we got now.

In a way Bis games prevent you from buying other games as you can pretty much do the same thing.

Its like a career game too the more you play it, and get involved with scripts, and community stuff,

the better your game becomes because your knowledge increases.

Best game I ever played.

Hm, on my memory, in the 1999-2002 years the players loved the opportunities more than graphics and technical quantity (IMHO,of course). We taked the game ,becouse we wanted only to drive the car, fly on heli,and e.t.c. And i remember, that OFP is appeared, and in OFP we can to use all of it, and it's very impressed us. Besides, the editor give us the opportunity to improve this game even more. At the end, OFP had the good both sides of game - single with editor, and good multiplayer .

Arma 1-2 it's good games too, i don't understand people, who started holywars sometime. IMHO, the greatest disadvantage of both ArmA is not bags (just some people don't remember OFP before 1.96 version:)), just we want the continue of great game without changes and the feel of impress and shock again in same time, and it's aims can't be completed together. And great thanks to BIS for traditional gameplay.

Besides, the mod's on OFP/Arma maked the people, who really interested in history , and sometime game can to show the picture with exiting history true and atmosphere.

Spamming? What happened to the image?

-=EDIT=-

Fixed, the IMG tags didn't work for some reason?

Seems access is restricted, Ben. I'm given 403 Forbidden when I try to view it.

Yeah me too now. Odd, it was working when I found the image?

Anyway, It was a pic of Cold War Crisis' case. :)

Spamming? What happened to the image?

-=EDIT=-

Fixed, the IMG tags didn't work for some reason?

Mmm that's true, when i quoted your post the image link wasn't at all in my quote, and now it is here....strange...

Because disproving statements made by journalism students looking for money

*cough--IGN---*cough*

is fun.

Actually, my first BIS game was ArmA II. I actually went to the shop to buy Modern Warfare 2, but there I saw it, sitting in mint condition and it dazzled me to the point I oversaw the 49.99 € price tag.

And when I started it, it was for lack of a better word, A-MAZING. And perfect. A game like I never saw before.

And besides, games with mission editors are still scarce. So, Arma 2 it is :bounce3:

Well... I bought Rainbow Six: Lockdown for Xbox a short way back, by the recommendation of the clerk at the game store. (I was bored, wanted a new game, and wasn't sure what to get yet.)

Bought it. It sucked nuts. I returned it and demanded a trade.

Saw Operation Flashpoint: Elite in the corner of the place. Bought that and viola, fun to be had. I'd never heard of BIS or OFP before that.

Shortly after my Xbox laser went kaput and I bought the PC version, even more fun despite being older, what with mods and addons. Then ArmA. Now ArmA2 (Once I get a new system.)

So if it wasn't for the shitty console version of R6 Lockdown, I'd never be here. lol.

So those run of the mill console games do have a purpose? ;)

For me, it was years and years ago. When I found CWC in my local game store. I wanted a game, and just decided it looked like fun. And hell, was it fun. :D

Because ArmA1 unit commanding radio system gave me a flashback to
, a game I really enjoyed (being Elite the best ever).

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Herd about OFP when it came out, first played it at my brothers place 6 months later,then got it for myself. First it was aiming through iron sights ,the swaying and that one hit and you were dead. Then that mission early in the campaign where you had to escape south, with a hind patroliing above. Fun times.

Then came the editor, "You mean I can do whatever I want, where I want!?!" Awesome.

Then I got dial-up (This is 9 years ago!) and I discovered addons. Boy, did I go over my quota that first month! But damm, my imaganiation was having a feild day in the editor with all these new toys to play with! Then Resistance appeared in my hands after many months of searching. Finally unlocked all those addons I couldn't get to work! Sweet!

Wasn't untill ArmA that I discovered the fun of MP and not counting on the AI to do the right thing. Only problem I have with MP is it killed SP for me. Least the human pilot can land that helicopter faster.

With all the things that sold me all that time ago, they are still there. Add ontop of that, it just keeps getting better and better. Still want to shoot out of cars though;)

I use to once buy a PC title almost every week or so. OFP was a great SP game, ArmA killed it and MP, but ArmA2 rekindled my interest. I haven't bought another companies game title since A2. So... err.. thanks for saving me some serious bukko BIS...

I found an ArmA demo on a game magazine's disk once, tried it and thought it was... I'll skip this part...

A few months later I found myself with another games magazine disk with the full version of OFP, so I installed it and tried it, played it hours and hours.

Years later, I had a gift coupon and saw ArmA's Gold Edition right in front of me, at a reduced price because the big cardboard box wasn't in perfect shape. So I took it with me (along with JTF for ridiculous 3€ :D) and installed it right away. I think my parents didn't see me at all for the next few days.

Then ArmA 2 came out.

And my PC could barely handle ArmA on mid details. So I continued to play ArmA for another year (great times on Evo Blue and not to forget Sahrani Life) until I had the money to upgrade my PC.

Got ArmA 2, later OA and today PMC.

And to come to the point: I play OFP, ArmA, ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA because I can't imagine not playing them, I love to play around in the editor (LMG + invincibility + vast amounts of enemies = WIN :P), I got a great clan and I have aquired scripting skills. It has simply become a part of my life I don't want to end too fast (although I think of working for Bethesda Softworks as a Level Designer once I'm finished studying Game Design).

Was walking through best buy when I saw a box entitled "ultimate military simulator". I instantly picked it up. I then brought it home, the campaign was bugged, I got pissed off, looked online for the older games because I figured that they were patched so they were probably better, thank God I was right, and I loooved them. Came back to ArmA2 after playing through OFP, OFPR, OFPRH, (<--- GOTY at amazon onsale for 10 bucks!!!) A1, A1QG. And I have now bought every expansion except PMC which I'm getting for christmas :D

Why do I now? It's simple the realism is phenominal and the modability is excellent! This series has an astounding value of replayability. All it took was the demo and I was hooked. I think it is even better than OFP-DR.

Edited by SPEKTRE76