Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Why are you playing BIS games?

Answer to thread question:

Simples, the editor and huge, huge free space are best on this games. :bounce3:

Yeah...its the space and freedom edit and mod..also the landscapes and skies have always been great.

I think the Arma games are awesome. Not only is it a top notch military simulator, but the possibilities and replay value are truly excellent thanks to the editing options. Best money I ever spent on a game :)

Best money I ever spent on a game :)

Very true. And it has such a great community!

You can get free modded stuf almost every day.

The Armaverse is truly a great place.

The editor has always been the attraction for me.

Using mods to create exactly what I'm looking for is brilliant.

Plus BIS games just have that feel about them, you can still appreciate the surroundings even when your packing it about a possible bullet to the head, ya know?

Because I am addicted with how much it features and what it can do..it's like a drug on my computer and I can't get enough of it.

because CM's game sucked and I have no other choice but to deal with the shit LOD and horrible framerate I get in Arma2/Operation Arrowhead.

Looks like no other developer will ever touch this kind of game, simulator or not.

Because of:

- (almost) Absolute freedom;

- The direct input on issues by BIS employees, including the CEO. The only time you see people like that in forums of other games is when they want to sell you stuff (Nice...);

- The long term support through patches, the removal of CD checks in later patches;

- The community, more specifically addon- & modmakers that create their own content and/or ask permission to use other people's content, the news sites for distributing content;

- The editor.

But don't forget. Arma2/OA can also cause severe problems. For example Arma2 doesn't leave much time left for playing other games... ;-)

The on-route to objective chats in the helis. (conversations about the medic's nipples anyone?);)

Oh, and the editor!:D

Honestly I thought it would be like COD :j:

but when I started playing I was like woah. This makes COD look like a baby game. And I've stuck ever since (I came near the launch of ARMA 2)

Arma 2 pwns so much. Ran well on my pc from the start.

The on-route to objective chats in the helis.

LOL - no shit! I should really record the piss taking that goes on here! :D

I stumbled upon OFP by chance. Was immediatly drawn into the CWC campaign(someone should redo the Montac mission for OA somehow 8). Freedom of movemnt, realism. Hiding from ai underneath a tank just to drop a cpl satchels an blow some stuff up, or better yet steal the helo an blow stuff up 8). lil things like the Takistani mountain range from a distance= my desktop background A+ to BIS for that btw.

Edited by Call_911

I play ArmA 2 b/c I have as much chance to kill an enemy soldier as the enemy has to kill me

I play since Operation Flashpoint till ArmA: Queens Gambit... Why? Becouse they are realistic simulators, you are not the guy with the health var and a minigun on your hand running around and killing everything, no, here you are one more in the team, you are one of those creepy soldiers of all those FPS witch die in no time, here you are not rambo you are a soldier that thinks what to do, where to move... who to shot... Here, the strengh is inside you, in your mind, not on your weapon power, even if you have an Abrams you wont survive for long if you dont have a crew with you. So I thank a lot to BIS for creating such great games.

Simple! The editor! i love playing in the editor... If it wasnt for the editor i would not be playing this game. the campaigns are weak in my very humble opinion :)

i have to agree the editor rocks and im really lousy at code haha.

still the best fun tho and whats more is the editor has barely changed in 9 years

campaigns are also great and side missions

Edited by hobojoe

the opportunity to be involved in a sort of simulative firefights without getting

a truth bullet in ass,simple :D

Pretty much sums it up for me:D

The possibility to get rid of this stupid feeling of passivity or helplessness when you see things getting worse in Afghanistan and Iraq?

For an hour or so ... you do not only receive the bad news ... you create them ? ;-)

because of zombies , because of aliens , because of ww2 , because of city life, because you can make soldiers from ww2 fight againts future soldiers , because you can do everything you want . That is why I play arma 2 ! even thought I still playing ofp

A2 is the first & as yet, only BIS game I have. I like it enormously. Why?

Because I like the open-endedness of many missions, because it's challenging, because the immersion is great, because of the many excellent community addons, mods & missions...

Because A2 requires the player to think, especially to think tactically. I deeply dislike the FPS games that plug the player into one (often ludicrous) fire-fight scenario without any chance of applying one's brain to the game.

Example: I played several of the Delta Force series. Liked DF2 & Blackhawk Down even though they weren't too openended, thay were fun & especially DF2 missions could be played either gung-ho or stealthy. Gave up on the series entirely after Team Sabre - never even bothered to finish it, it became so mindlessly awful at one point.

Compared with other games I've played, at least by March 2010 when I bought it there just aren't that many bugs.

Will be buying OA soon. Thank you, BIS :)

Because of the dedication of BIS to it's community and the contuning support and development of the only product on the market of it's scale and functionality.

Is the first thought that comes to mind ... :)

Because I can't get my money back and hate for things to go to waste.

Because i wish to support BI, I love the editor, and I love the lack of BF2 playing, completely non-tactical, cussing, teabagging, 13 year old idiots.

+1

and,

Operation flashpoint has more re-playability then all the game i've ever bought combined.

OFP player since 2002 and still playing :yay:

nostalgia!

Because ArmA1 unit commanding radio system gave me a flashback to

, a game I really enjoyed (being Elite the best ever).

Because they make amazing, challenging games and respect and work with their community.