Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Why are you playing BIS games?

I play this game because everything is great, I like the realistic side of the game, and the community is very active. And most of the players are mature.

There's something about the anything can happen nature of the game that makes it stand out a bit more, and brings up great stories of multiplayer antics

Delta Force (1998)

Delta Force 2 (1999)

Delta Force: Land Warrior (2000)

Counter Strike (2000)

Operation Flashpoint (2001)

Battlefield 1942 (2002)

America’s Army v1.6 (2003)

Counter-Strike: Source (2004)

Battlefield 2 (2005)

ArmA (2006)

Test Drive Unlimited (2007) <--- I playing :D

Armed Assault - Queens Gambit (2007)

ArmA2 (2008)

America’s Army 3 (2009) <--- I playing :D

ArmA2 OA (2010) <--- I playing :D

Why? because its the only game worth playing atm.

Delta Force

Delta Force 2

Delta Force: Land Warrior

Rainbow Six Rogue Spear

Rainbow Six Combat Ops

Rainbow Six Urban Ops

Rainbow Six 2

Rainbow Six 3

Ghost Recon

Operation Flashpoint

America’s Army v1.6

Battlefield 2

ArmA

Armed Assault - Queens Gambit

ArmA2

ArmA2 OA

Because I love staying in the editor for hours. :D

And the addons and community are epic.

Because I can spend 1 hour a week playing, but 20 hours a week editing ! :yay:

Because I love staying in the editor for hours. :D

And the addons and community are epic.

Gnat;1667368']Because I can spend 1 hour a week playing' date=' but 20 hours a week editing ! :yay:[/quote']

Well, the same for me...

I think it's about time BIS added a startup parameter that opens the game directly to the editor. :d:

Someone make a CIT ticket!

I love BIS,and have lost interest in any other game. I have no idea about the reason.
Ditto to that. The last two years, all I've done in gaming is to play Arma, edit missions or make Arma movies. My new game purchases have fallen off a cliff!

AFAIK, Arma/Arma 2 are the only games where you can actually take part in military battles and military situations. Every other military game seems to be no different than what we saw in Quake 3. In some ways, its even more chaotic in the most recent games. I asked my buddy what BCBF2 was like. He just said to me, "don't even go there - you'll hate it", as he knew I was an Arma fan.

I remember my first days playing Arma. I was simply moving down a road in the Valor area (flat grassy fields with some lines of trees) with 3 AI mates and I realized that absolutely anything could happen - just like in RL. And that my fate, pretty much completely rested in my ability to lead a squad in combat. I had never experienced a feeling like that before in a game. It's kind of hard to describe. I'm sure many of you had similar experiences.

There are two things I'd ask of BIS:

1) keep working on AI behavior. The day that the AI gets close to being as smart as a human combatant is the day I quit my job so I can play around the clock.

2) Have your dev staff use their incredible expertise to put out some very impressive combined ops missions for the community. This could go very far in actually "selling" the game to a wider audience.

To simply call Arma 1/2 a game is to vastly under-represent its potential. It's just so much more than that.

Well i have many reasons to play bis

Operation flashpoint cold war crisis was the start of it When i got my self a new rig I went to buy ARMA II and now im waiting on the release of arrowhead here in belgium, I never played army you can't buy that game anymore here in belgium in the store :o i looked everywhere, and i don't have paypall so :s yeah

Although my RL giving me a few hits against my RL head, i'm missing to play with my buddy's on the server i might even asked for reserve list because i don't find the time, but if i ever can take off again where i left off with this game i will do that in a instant, i might not find the time now to

play the new stand allone expantion but i will buy it in advance and it will never delete the content of my pc.

Edited by KBourne

The mission editor has had me playing BIS games for 8 years! EVERYDAY i have been mission editing expect when i traveled Asia and the normal holidays and exams!

This is what i love about BIS! They give you the full freedom to make storylines how you want in a modern military simulation. Which is great! Same kind of thing that got me hooked into NwN Series.

be prepared for huge quality MP mission pack from me soon ;)

Because it is a game like no other.

25498_371675619913_540374913_3540500_2790263_n.jpg

I don't know the exact reason.. and to be honest i don't think about it that much.

One thing is for sure, since I started playing OFP I lost complete interest for any other game and never stop playing OFP nor its successor.

The editor and its possibilities are one of the most interesting things.

Because I have just come off a Dom game where a bunch of mature strangers got in a Blackhawk, flew over a vast map, took a town, reviving and covering each other in the process, only to find the previous objective re-taken by the enemy, so headed back to mop up. And I know it will be different tomorrow . . .

cjph

Because there is no alternative. All other games are running and gunning and spraying and praying although you can spray and pray in ArmA too, but that's okay.

Ditto to just about everything posted so far.

We can never thank BIS enough.

I've been hooked like a junkie on BIS simulations since 2002.

Edited by DOA

Because today BIS games are the only "shooter" games that show something different in contrast with the neverending stream of monotonous run'n'gun multiplatform shooters (and just something different in OFP times)

Answer for the threat question:

1. Editor!!! :-)

2. The depth of the simulation (but not the AI; It's still quite weak without ACE2)

It still play OFP because its still unmatched by any other game. The freedom in each mission and the editor which let you create the most crazy stuff.. Hexenkessel maps to large-scale warfare. Oh yea, and messing around with the physics is always fun like placing a charge under a low flying helicopter and seeing it launch into space is always a good one.

Another thing is community support through the SDK, countless addons keep BIS games alive far beyond other game released around the same time. :)

It would take a whole page to explain why I play BIS games still.

1. PvP

2. Editor

3. Coop

4. SP

5. Community

6. Dedication from BIS to continually improve their products

7. Addons and Scripts from very talented people

8. Missions from very talented people

9. Endless possibilities, what do I want to do today?

10. GUNS TANKS PLANES

I buy a shit ton of games, play the shit out of them for a few weeks, and put them in a box in my closet with all the rest when I'm done. BIS games sit on top of my desk, stacked real nice, forever.