Sign in to follow this  
Pundaria

Ok, I know this is dumb.... How to use support?

How to use support? Call Support in my menu is sth I never understand how it works. Everytime I call a medic from there, AI replies "HQ: there are no medic...."

How does this logic work?

BTW, how to reply oneself's current location to AI???

When I tap 5, the "report status" buttom is always dull. And they always say" where are you?" all the time.....:butbut:

If you have a medic in your Squad use him, if not...You have to heral your downed soldiers yourself or tell another Team member to do so, but they won´t be fully healed.

When the ask "Where are you?", then just type

^ (Selects all Units)

1 (Movement menu)

1 (Regroup)

Wait until they catch up with you

If you have a medic in your Squad use him, if not...You have to heral your downed soldiers yourself or tell another Team member to do so, but they won´t be fully healed.

When the ask "Where are you?", then just type

^ (Selects all Units)

1 (Movement menu)

1 (Regroup)

Wait until they catch up with you

Now I see this problem haunted me from OFP finally comes to a rest in my old fashion way of treating........:p

Correct me if im wrong but i get the support to work by placing units (your medics, ammo trucks etc) on the map, with a support waypoint. then when you call for support they will reply and move to your location (where you called for support) They can be used by any group, and the ai uses them effectivly as well.

Hi, Pundaria. The support that you seem to be talking about is support from HQ... medical choppers, ammo trucks, etc.

If the mission doesn't have them 'coded' (programmed in), you'll get that 'Negative' response. You have to have the coding for support present in the mission, as well as having the specific units (medical copter, etc) physically placed on the map as well. Again, if whoever did the mission didn't do that, that command won't work.

SteveJA360 is correct. From what I remember (...as I too was asking the same question when I started playing Arma2...) you have to place the support units on the map, and then give them a single waypoint (...it can just be right beside them... it's just a formality).

As far as that annoying 'Where are you???' thing (...which I also asked about!...), I was told that you don't need to respond (...nor is there any real response available anyway). It appears to happen when one of your team members has lost sight of you. My solution, if anything, is to order that person (or everyone) to move to a certain spot. By giving them a specific spot on the map (as opposed to just saying 'come back to me', which is pointless if they don't know where you are), then they have a known place on the map to go to. Moving towards the lost guy, so he sees you, should also help.

If you are injured, and have a medic, then you can call your medic, as opposed to the HQ support. That's in the main menu ('Injured'). Be aware, though, that often they won't jump over and help you right away. Just keep shouting to them, and annoy them... as they often annoy you!

BTW, if and when you DO get an HQ ambulance helicopter arriving to you, it will land and stay there until you dismiss it. You can order team members to 'heal at that helicopter', as well as heal yourself at it (by getting close to it, and having a 'heal' option along with the usual 'get in as pilot, get in back, etc' commands you get with other vehicles.

Hope that helps...

I am fairly sure that you can also place a corpsman or the ambulance humvee as medical support in addition to the MH-60S. Or if you are playing on a different side some of them have BMP Ambulances or Mi-8 ones.

Correct me if im wrong but i get the support to work by placing units (your medics, ammo trucks etc) on the map, with a support waypoint. then when you call for support they will reply and move to your location (where you called for support) They can be used by any group, and the ai uses them effectivly as well.
Hi, Pundaria. The support that you seem to be talking about is support from HQ... medical choppers, ammo trucks, etc.

If the mission doesn't have them 'coded' (programmed in), you'll get that 'Negative' response. You have to have the coding for support present in the mission, as well as having the specific units (medical copter, etc) physically placed on the map as well. Again, if whoever did the mission didn't do that, that command won't work.

SteveJA360 is correct. From what I remember (...as I too was asking the same question when I started playing Arma2...) you have to place the support units on the map, and then give them a single waypoint (...it can just be right beside them... it's just a formality).

As far as that annoying 'Where are you???' thing (...which I also asked about!...), I was told that you don't need to respond (...nor is there any real response available anyway). It appears to happen when one of your team members has lost sight of you. My solution, if anything, is to order that person (or everyone) to move to a certain spot. By giving them a specific spot on the map (as opposed to just saying 'come back to me', which is pointless if they don't know where you are), then they have a known place on the map to go to. Moving towards the lost guy, so he sees you, should also help.

If you are injured, and have a medic, then you can call your medic, as opposed to the HQ support. That's in the main menu ('Injured'). Be aware, though, that often they won't jump over and help you right away. Just keep shouting to them, and annoy them... as they often annoy you!

BTW, if and when you DO get an HQ ambulance helicopter arriving to you, it will land and stay there until you dismiss it. You can order team members to 'heal at that helicopter', as well as heal yourself at it (by getting close to it, and having a 'heal' option along with the usual 'get in as pilot, get in back, etc' commands you get with other vehicles.

Hope that helps...

I am fairly sure that you can also place a corpsman or the ambulance humvee as medical support in addition to the MH-60S. Or if you are playing on a different side some of them have BMP Ambulances or Mi-8 ones.

Thx, guys. Got it going already ;)

have a look at evolution - press T and you can call in a medic or an ammo box etc.

or some of the other support scripts about

this can be scripted in in all kinds of ways

I've been playing the demo, and I've thought of somthing, what purpose does the Humvee Ambulance's stretchers in the back serve? you can heal yourself at the ambulance, however It you're downed, I haven't seen anything for a "Put in ambulance" or something, what does it do?

Just one addition. Your squad mates always seem to know where you are. There is never a circumstance when they don't. They will always return to you. They just say 'where are you?' to let you know that they are far behind.

Just be sure to give them your "support done" signal, or the support dudes won't be able to run support for others in line. Not sure if this behavior has changed lately though.