Sign in to follow this  
qwertz

Public PvP gameplay: not quite dead!

You seem to be missing the point that the grass in Arma2 becomes invisible at a distance, revealing anyone hiding in it much too easily.

Not quite true. There is now a "grass layer" similar to what was in Arma1, that you will "sink into" aiding concealment. But yes, everyone should know not to use grass only as concealment. Best is hard cover (rocks). Second best is soft cover (wooden fences). Third best is proper concealment (bushes). Not even on the list is grass, even though the grass layer helps a little. :)

Yes, yes. Enough with the patronizing. Jesus.

I'm well aware of the grass layer that doesn't do shit. Not even hide a little rabbit :D

I wasn't asking for stealth tips or how the grass works, but trying to understand what DDB is talking about angles and stuff that have zero relevance in Arma2 when there's any distance involved. Slightly "sunken" soldiers shine on the satellite texture like ink drops on clean paper even when they should be absolutely fool-proof 100% concealed by grass from the observers perspective.

Yes, yes. Enough with the patronizing. Jesus.

I'm well aware of the grass layer that doesn't do shit. Not even hide a little rabbit :D

I wasn't asking for stealth tips or how the grass works, but trying to understand what DDB is talking about angles and stuff that have zero relevance in Arma2 when there's any distance involved. Slightly "sunken" soldiers shine on the satellite texture like ink drops on clean paper even when they should be absolutely fool-proof 100% concealed by grass from the observers perspective.

Mostly true, but not always, there are cases where at distance, sodier in grass is completely covered. Don't ask me why, some times the layer works better than others. It seems rather random, though, so quite useless.